Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike  (Read 52692 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »

Saving and loading seemed to fix it.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2011, 11:42:32 pm »

I downloaded this about 2 days ago and I'm really getting into it. After making 4-5 characters to learn the game (they all died horribly), I've settled on starting with a Wraith. It's working pretty well, and the Vulcan Cannons rip things apart in no time.

I tried installing some Level 7 Sensors but I just destroyed them in the process, so I'll just wait until my Repair/Engineering gets a bit higher before I try it again.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2011, 12:15:23 am »

oh nice , a new rougelike to add to my collection
Played it , its cool , gona play it more :3 , but i keep diing >.<
Desu

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2011, 01:34:13 am »

Preparing for the final battle; I really need to figure out how things are calculated in Mecha Engineering... I pulled out two class 2 heavy acutators from arms and MV and TR went up by 1 each. Looks like there's a complexity factor in it, that the low class acutators couldn't counteract.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2011, 07:21:18 am »

I don't think the actuators in arms contribute to MV/TR at all. As far as I remember, these only increase DC value of arm-specific melee weapons. HA in legs might contribute there(or not), or increase walk/run rate, or just increase DC of kicks. Anyway, even if they do help with MV/TR, it's going to be nullified anyway, should you fight in space/jump.
I've no idea what good are HA in torso for(e.g. Haiho has some, and Dao Deoji has a huge, integral one - I guess they must do something).

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2011, 07:45:03 am »

I can confirm that actuators in the arms improve walk speed (one class 3 HA boosted it from 46 to 51). I think I remember HAs in the torso improving the DC of weapons in the arms, but I haven't tested that. My guess is that they just work like overchargers (that is, their effects are completely universal).

On the subject, class 3 HAs are significantly more efficient than class 2 ones if you have the room (they're 1/3rd heavier but look to be twice as effective at improving DC, and I can only presume the same applies to their other properties). Those are the only two classes I have access to at the moment but it's probably safe to assume that the trend continues into the upper ranges.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2011, 10:15:37 am »

The last fight is very tough... so many enemies and a lot of status effects missiles (overload, burn, haywire) thrown at me. I switched from the custom Corraich to a Green Pixie. Turning around in a Corraich means death in that battle.

I guess I took too many "hobby skills"... performance and science. My piloting and gunnery are 9 while my three companions have 11.

I need to prepare better... buy 2 more Green Pixies maybe (I have the cash), to replace the Zero Savins.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2011, 11:29:32 am »

Did you use the elevator or the door?

On a related question, is it worth it to access the upper levels of theles? I once had the option of buying access for 500k, but that was my entire bankroll at the time and I was hoping to buy a nicer mech then the chameleon.

I paid the 500K (it's a small fraction of my bankroll at this point). There's a new area up there, with shops and quests. There's yet another elevator up, and that's where I get the quest I mentioned in the spoiler.

I haven't cracked open the locked door next to the elevator.
There should be a doorway leading to a maintenance area type place (I believe it was opposite the elevator) if you hack into it and go through that it will take you to the upper level, at which point you will be awarded with access for making it up there, because it's really all about proving you're exceptional.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2011, 11:36:43 am »

There should be a doorway leading to a maintenance area type place (I believe it was opposite the elevator) if you hack into it and go through that it will take you to the upper level, at which point you will be awarded with access for making it up there, because it's really all about proving you're exceptional.
You can also crash the door, instead of hacking, if you've got good enough close combat damage potential(test it in one of the "dungeons" to see if you can handle it this way). You'll receive a warning about the usage of weapons indoors, but unless you do it again, nothing bad will happen to you.

Watch out for the missions in the mid-level of Theles - they have a fixed difficulty rating, which is roughly 50 renown equivalent, I think.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2011, 02:12:35 pm »

Anyone had any experience with a Largo? I just got a ninja-flavoured custom one, and it's the first transforming mech I've owned.

Of course, it's horrible at the moment, but I wanted to see if anyone thought the design had any potential.

I'm mainly considering just ripping the head off it and putting it on my melee Custom Vadel for the fang weapon - INTERCEPT is fairly useful, but I already have enough trouble maintaining the Nova Scythe I've given it (I've already had to install a pod to get enough battery space for ~10 attacks, and I'm reluctant to add too much more weight, as it's -0MV/TR now).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:17:02 pm by 3 »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2011, 02:28:09 pm »

Well, I eventually traded my Wraith out for a War Cry (That Railgun...), and then later bought a Vadel. I outfitted the Vadel with a Lestat Rifle, Apollo Rifle, and Mecha Bazooka. Sadly, I got completely stuck on Episode 12, where even the enemy grunts were owning me left and right. Perhaps it's because I only had 1 Lancemate, and he was using a custom Ice Wind...

I've now started a new playthrough, using a Haiho (THAT HAMMER).

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2011, 03:06:14 pm »

I've just made a character named Johnny Bravo with 6 Ch and 15 Ego. Used the naked martial artist exploit to bump his ego by additional +20 points, and am now going around hitting on every female NPC I can find(and getting invariably turned down).

Also pirating the hell out of everything.

Faizal0908

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2011, 12:38:09 am »

Ahh man, am I the only one that hasn't played this yet!?!?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2011, 03:40:57 am »

Yes.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:55 am »

Quick question: Is the creator still working on this?

Awesome game, been playing it on-and-off for months, have incredible difficulty staying afloat money-wise though, whenever I lose a mecha I usually can't afford a new one. I mostly have to rely on SF:0 combat to make money if that happens.

The randomly-generated storylines are awesome, the only problem I have is that it is rare for me to have a single Big Bad last for the entire story. They usually die by the third or fourth episode and get replaced by the next one.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31