Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You know you're a dwarf when...  (Read 3566 times)

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You know you're a dwarf when...
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 11:46:01 am »

When you, Competent Liar, and your friend, Adequate Student, believe it's a good idea to leave the civilized capital and join some lost town in what you're completely aware is haunted desert.
Sounds like the beginning to an awsome western to me, Team of con-men head to a mining town to seek their fortunes only to find that the place is cursed.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 12:14:51 pm »

When you, Competent Liar, and your friend, Adequate Student, believe it's a good idea to leave the civilized capital and join some lost town in what you're completely aware is haunted desert.
Sounds like the beginning to an awesome western to me, Team of con-men head to a mining town to seek their fortunes only to find that the place is cursed.
Adapting quickly, they try to swindle the town by peddling a 'solution' to the curse, but the liar falls in True Love with the sheriff's daughter and cant go through with it. Instead they end up battling the forces of the occult with the help of a Wise Old Indian Shaman to free the town. The Student betrays his partner at a Critical Juncture and the Liar is forced to kill him during the Final Battle. They all live happily ever after but the movie ends with a foreboding undertone to leave the door open for a sequel.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 12:16:49 pm »

Now repost this, except include links to tvtropes everywhere.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 12:22:17 pm »

You know you are a dwarf when you have your meat clever full of your pet cat's blood.

Desu

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 12:37:45 pm »

You know you're a dwarf, when you're really short. Umm... derp?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »

When you're the best heavy weapon operator there is, stationed and ready to open fire on the enemy as soon as they arrive. When they do, you run away screaming from your loaded machine of mass destruction.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 03:49:22 pm »

You know your a dorf when being blind doesn't stop you from walking around town.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 06:17:53 pm »

You know you're a dwarf when you are a alcoholic right when you're born.
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 10:07:27 pm »

You know you're a dwarf when a tiny little bruise makes you stay in bed for a year.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 10:38:35 pm »

You know you're a dwarf if you'd rather starve to death or eat vermin than pick the ripe plump helmuts, just because it's not your job.

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 10:51:13 pm »

You know you're a dwarf when you suffer from a genetic defect which causes your physical upward growth to be stunted.

It's not funny when it happens to you, but at least you can drink beer and nobody can complain.
Pages: 1 2 [3]