Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wut  (Read 1947 times)

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
wut
« on: April 05, 2012, 07:48:42 pm »

so, i had a goblin show up at my fort with the megabeast announcement. the goblin blah blah has come, twisted by blah blah.

he had no profession, no wounds, no inventory, and he immediately ran off the screen when he appeared.

wut.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: wut
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 07:56:54 pm »

Werebeasts.  Do you know how many of these threads there are?

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:57:19 pm »

In related news, the dwarves keep mixing up eyes and teeth in the corpse stockpiles!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:59:46 pm »

Were-beasts come either with an immediate announcement or they come hidden and get announced when spotted. They attempt to flee the map as soon as the transformation ends. The transformation time is very, very short, resulting in most were-beasts fleeing the map before they can fight anything.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 08:20:50 pm »

Were-beasts come either with an immediate announcement or they come hidden and get announced when spotted. They attempt to flee the map as soon as the transformation ends. The transformation time is very, very short, resulting in most were-beasts fleeing the map before they can fight anything.

thanks for answering without being a douchenozzle about it.

rare these days...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 09:23:17 pm »

rare these days...

It's not rare, it's just that there's too many of these threads for people to not get worked up about.

Search bar.

It exists.

Show it some love.

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 09:28:12 pm »

Just an honest question here because I'm not sure myself when I think about it, but if you were the OP and had no idea what you were seeing, what exactly should you search for?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:34:56 pm »

Just an honest question here because I'm not sure myself when I think about it, but if you were the OP and had no idea what you were seeing, what exactly should you search for?
That's the trouble, the search bar is useless unless you already know a bit about werebeasts. All the potential not-spoiled keywords are used so often in so many other contexts. Looking through the past 10 or so pages of threads would be more productive except usually these threads have unhelpful titles because every OP has no idea what a werebeast is and most don't put some succinct description of what they see.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.