Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarven Machine Gun  (Read 26798 times)

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Machine Gun
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 02:45:17 am »

we need the pictures in human readable format

plaintext
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 02:53:01 am »

I would also like to voice my support for ASCII-pictures.

And volcanic-eruption-generators. Oh so very much.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Fnear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 09:27:26 pm »

Regarding pump-based generators, I have found that it is important to build the MAGMA pump first and the WATER pump second.

WATER + MAGMA = STEAM....
MAGMA + WATER = OBSIDIAN!!!!

Interestingly, both processes destroy both inputs in my experience.

Here's some ASCII of a working cave-in generator based on pumps (built in 34.04).  With controlled volume inputs, you can generate a single cave-in and thus wire it up to pressure plates, etc...

Z+1 (# = wall, * = gear, | = axle, . = floor,  = empty space)
Gears support the screw pumps from above.  Axles support the gears which are not on floors.  Floors are channeled out to provide power to pumps and prevent overhead support for the obsidian.  You can build bridges over the central gap if you like.
Code: [Select]
#######
### ###
##* *##
##| |##
##|.|##
   power from somewhere over here...

Z=0 (M = MAGMA, W = water, sS = screw pump (inputOUTPUT))
Obsidian will form between the pumps then collapse (as long as there is no support NSEW on this Z or Z-1 or Z+1)
Output end of screw pump is not on a floor.  It is channeled out and supported from above by the gear.
#######
### ###
MsS SsW
### ###
#######

Z-1 (key is the full cross pattern of empty space - you can have more empty space if you want...) (the other key is open space one Z level below the pump input to draw from!)
#######
### ###
M#   #W
### ###
#######

Z-2 (channel on left for obsidian to fall into, channel on right for things to get knocked into by cave-in!  Make them nice and deep.  Some things will fall on the left as well but most will be blasted right.)
### .. #
### .. #
### .. #
### .. #
### .. #
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:48:21 pm by Fnear »
Pages: 1 2 [3]