Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Tamed forgotten beast citizen? Bug?  (Read 26418 times)

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tamed forgotten beast citizen? Bug?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 10:01:56 pm »

How's he doing?
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 10:04:42 pm »

Also I just realized that TYRANNOSAURUS REX was a Theropod. Awesome.

So are ducks and pigeons, technically.

Vulkanis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:00 pm »

He is still just waddling about, but he is getting closer to the burrow maybe he is just impossibly slow?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:08 pm »

I loaded up the save game file:

I noticed that you also have human migrants, and that this is a reclaim fort. I think there may be a bug with reclaiming a fort. Someone else should try to abandon and reclaim a different fort.

Vulkanis, why were dwarves killing dwarves in the legends mode records for your fort? Tantrum, berserk, justice, or loyalty cascade?

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 10:46:11 pm »

Find some way to make the beast idle in your dining hall all the time to max out his social skills so he'll get elected mayor.

Vulkanis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 11:00:35 pm »

I loaded up the save game file:

I noticed that you also have human migrants, and that this is a reclaim fort. I think there may be a bug with reclaiming a fort. Someone else should try to abandon and reclaim a different fort.

Vulkanis, why were dwarves killing dwarves in the legends mode records for your fort? Tantrum, berserk, justice, or loyalty cascade?

An insane (and zero wrestling skill mind you) craftsdwarf went insane because we didn't have any bones for his work, so he killed 4 dwarves singlehandedly while the militia commander cowered in the mining shafts. He was overwhelmed when the mob of 40 or so dwarves came at him and tore him in half.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 11:04:04 pm »

This is a great thread.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 11:10:24 pm »

I cannot reproduce this bug on a vanilla 31.19 game fort that was reclaimed. All migrants are still dwarves. Vulkanis, can you check your entity_default.txt raw file to see what creatures the dwarf civ contains?

Vulkanis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 11:31:31 pm »

I've just looked through it and everything is looking as it should. I should mention that this is a pocket world and there were no dwarven civs with the exception of this fortress up until 1051.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 01:06:36 am »

Hm...Maybe...Maybe, it isn't a bug after all, but an addition to the game itself?!
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:52 am »

I've just looked through it and everything is looking as it should. I should mention that this is a pocket world and there were no dwarven civs with the exception of this fortress up until 1051.

Aha!  No dwarven civs!  That has got to be at least a part of it.  It's having trouble generating migrants for whatever reason because of that, so it's drawing from other races, maybe?

Hm...Maybe...Maybe, it isn't a bug after all, but an addition to the game itself?!

Nah, migrating forgotten beasts is absolutely a bug.  There is too much else to deal with before generating that complex of ethics for FBs.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 03:49:52 am »

Sounds like what happens when I run DFusion without running the mod that allows other races to work. You SURE you haven't been tinkering in DFusion?  :P

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 10:34:56 am »

Does this forgotten beast appear in Legends?  Maybe that will explain it.  I've never run a world over a few hundred years old, is it normal for forgotten beasts or whatever this is to be born sometime other than in year 1?

Vulkanis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 10:41:47 am »

No, like I said all I was using was therapist. However is it possible that this thing could of came onto the surface via a cave and actually joined a civ like a demon would?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 11:17:14 am »

The world.sav is
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21996638/world.sav

World.sav by itself is completely useless - we need the entire regionX folder.

I'm not using any mods, this is a completely vanilla installation of DF with the exception of the amazing phoebus tileset.

I bet you've got some "creature_foo.txt.[orig/bak/$$$/etc]" files in your raw folder, which are widely known to cause this exact behavior.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6