Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]

Author Topic: Sword of the Stars  (Read 84872 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Sword of the Stars
« Reply #810 on: March 13, 2020, 10:39:59 am »

I don't think the chance for AI rebellion goes up if you have AI ships, at least I've never read that anywhere.

But if you do have a rebellion the AI ships will flip, naturally.

The chance is checked whenever you are researching AI technologies (faster research = higher chance, so it doesn't matter if you do it slow or fast).
Boosting significantly increases your chances.

I think it *might* be race dependent too, but I'm not sure (for example zuul are more likely to have a rebellion).
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sword of the Stars
« Reply #811 on: March 13, 2020, 11:06:35 am »

I don't think the chance for AI rebellion goes up if you have AI ships, at least I've never read that anywhere.

But if you do have a rebellion the AI ships will flip, naturally.

The chance is checked whenever you are researching AI technologies (faster research = higher chance, so it doesn't matter if you do it slow or fast).
Boosting significantly increases your chances.

I think it *might* be race dependent too, but I'm not sure (for example zuul are more likely to have a rebellion).
Ah ok. I had thought having more AI systems also increased it. I know the chance is higher while actively researching any AI tech, especially AI Slave tech but once you finish slave tech the rebellion cannot trigger.

IIRC even if you safely research AI techs without a rebellion, if you don't get or don't research slave tech a rebellion can kick off if another race's AI rebels.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]