Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 467416 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 05:37:41 pm »

Linux version was terrislow for me last time I tried it
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 05:40:19 pm »

Can somebody give me a direct download? There website doesnt seem to be working for me.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 05:44:43 pm »

Linux version was terrislow for me last time I tried it

Give it another shot :P

If it's still happening, drop a post by the forum or stop by the IRC channel. I haven't heard any performance complaints from the linux users hanging around. The game's mostly developed on linux, so performance issues can probably get squashed pretty quickly. Darkgod, T4's main dev, does most of his work on a linux machine.

As for DDL: Windows music and no music versions. The latter is considerably smaller, file size wise.

The site's occasionally a bit slow, especially on release days. Part of this is because it's integrated with the game itself, heh. Anyway, try again in a bit if those don't work.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 09:48:51 pm »

trying it. Black screen. It doesn't load, or at least doesn't load at any reasonable rate :(

Edit: it worked when done from console. I reserve this post for further updates on performance

Edit 2: works far better than it did last time I tried it. Plus, massive interface overhaul. I'm impressed :O

Edit 3: tends to hang up a lot, though... :/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:24:26 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 06:57:06 pm »

Bumping this, and a question: Places don't seem to respawn items anymore. Is there any place I can repeatedly raid in order to get more stuff? :O

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »

I've been playing this game for awhile. I love the new changes in this version. Necromancers are fun. I wonder why nobody has done a LP of this game yet. TE4 is the best. What other game allows you to play as a militant midget bomber with a robot buddy (who has laser beam-eyes!)? Or play as a projectile vomiting zombie pugilist?  :D

Bumping this, and a question: Places don't seem to respawn items anymore. Is there any place I can repeatedly raid in order to get more stuff? :O

The fortress home has a place that allows you to grind. Keep feeding the chest items and you'll eventually unlock it. You can also attack wandering adventurer parties, if you're feeling suicidalucky. You don't need to grind to win though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 09:05:42 pm »

I do. I am running out of gems.

I've massacred one or two adventurer parties, though. No fuss. Golem makes short work of them.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »

Running out of gems? That... shouldn't be likely. You're making alchemist gems and extracting stuff from white/green/blue metal items, right?

Alchies do pretty good against advn parties, though, mostly because the golem likes to suck up murder-shots. Helps that the effects of golem resilience was massively improved this beta :P

That, and a maxed explosion expert alchie bomb basically hits the entire ambush map. Still, adventurer parties are massive risks for most characters. You get the wrong combination and number of classes and you're just outright fooked. Like a farportal boss, but split into several critters, heh.

Ask not!
Ask!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 07:34:51 pm »

Lost two lives trying to unlock the necromancer class. To no avail.

Ah, hubris. Obviously level 11 is too soon to tackle that quest.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 08:10:45 pm »

Might be nice and all, but since it won't ever start loading and is apparently stuffed full with errors and slowdowns... back to deus ex.
(downloaded, won't start, to lazy to babysit it)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 10:08:15 pm »

It's too error prone, but I've managed to reduce it's number of catastrophic failures by switching it to stop the game while saving, removing the animated background in the start menu, and resizing the window from time to time (it works even better fullscreen, but I like to alt-tab)

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 10:33:38 pm »

There's a new release out. It's mainly bugfixes, but there's also a spiffy new UI. B32 is unwinnable, so you should upgrade.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 11:52:59 pm »

... is it just me or are Higher humans as annoying as elves or more? Really, I get "Can't argue with elves" vibes from them

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 12:36:00 am »

eh yeah they are pretty much the equivalent of elves in human form...hell one of the racial abilities is all about how they are supposed to rule lol

Also version 33 bugfix out!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 12:54:50 am »

They are basically better-than-thou humans. They're not really interested in being a ruling-class type thing, if the racial talent fluff is anything to go by, but they're apparently good at it. They're also probably inbred to a certain degree, but that doesn't necessarily have negative consequences for them (magic!). It probably would for the cornac humans. ... and of course, highers are still human, if with some odd quirks, with all that entails, and not the Thalore. That means they've probably screwed up something or other in the past, or are currently screwing up something or other in the present, or at least have a few of their members doing stuff-you-should-get-killed-for. That's true for everyone except, maybe the Thalore. They just want to be left alone :-\

The innate magical nature thing probably isn't a good thing in T4, though. About the only power sources that don't potentially entail something nasty is stamina and, maybe, the celestial magics. Mana-casters have already come close to breaking the world, once, the equilibrium users are apparently all batshit insane (we have seen no particularly stable EQ users in fluff :P), vim users are basically feeding off what the mana-users' world-crack attempt unleashed (oh, and blood/death/life force, and not in a good way), the afflicted are powered by hate, paradox users are, well, screwing with time (and time screws back, hard), and psi-users have enabled the Way.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The celestials seem like they might be alright. They're basically solar powered, heh. Celestial power is still arcane power, though, which probably means they either had a hand in the world-shatter attempt or potentially could. Nasty stuff. Well, that, and they've got all of one actually-benign talent tree. The rest of them are about killing people :P
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 163