Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 467505 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1845 on: October 17, 2014, 01:25:27 pm »

Yeah I saw the update and not one word of it makes any sense to me.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 17, 2014, 02:24:47 pm »

Eh? Whachoo mean, Dark? Most of the extended list is fairly straightforward, barring the occasional dip into addon/coding stuff...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 17, 2014, 02:56:44 pm »

Pretty much everything in the "Expanded Changelist." Were those problems? What do those do? I'm lost... But I admit i never kept up with modding stuff or mechanics stuff in the first place. For this game I'm the "end-user" that IT guys hate :P

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: October 17, 2014, 03:55:19 pm »

Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: October 17, 2014, 04:50:49 pm »

Thanks for typing that up. The coding stuff still means basically nothing to me, but I assume it's not supposed to. I guess I just never ran into the rest... I didn't know things could commit suicide by frenzy... which I guess is an ability... or that there was gear that would make you want to hit yourself.

I'll figure out the rest when I get back to it, no worries.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: October 17, 2014, 05:01:15 pm »

Re: Frenzy, dredges and devourers were the main culprits. Dredge captains had a talent that let them frenzy themselves and surrounding dredges (after which they would promptly all die, like, two turns later), and devourers had the obvious bloody frenzy thing (which, again, was promptly killing them).

And yeah, both gear and a talent or two re: resource gain -- self-flagellation was one of the few ways a non-wilder anti-magic character could regain equilibrium without getting in a fight, by smashing yourself in the face with something that triggered resolve. Also one of the few ways mindslayers had to regen psi outside of a fight for a loooong while, as well -- was still the fastest, in a per turn sense, even after base psi regen was added. Even ABs got in on the fun, recently -- and let me just say, swapping in a couple of, say, mindstars (anything you did crap damage with, really) to whack yourself with, while you've got lightning hands up is -- well, was -- an excellent way to rapidly regenerate mana.

Get low on resources, turn a corner, swap in low-damage weapons that trigger whatever effect you've got, bop yourself in the head a few times, jump back into the fight before the enemy can heal much/any. It was good stuff. Rarely needed, and definitely a niche application, but occasionally useful.
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: October 27, 2014, 02:12:05 pm »

Ashes of Urh'Rok is out now, and on Steam for $4. Download is 24 mb. Already purchased, downloading. Hrng.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316910/

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: October 27, 2014, 02:26:29 pm »

Spoiler: tiny spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
Ask!

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: October 27, 2014, 03:32:08 pm »

Spoiler: tiny spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: October 27, 2014, 03:45:48 pm »

Spoiler: Well... (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: October 27, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, dwarves make pretty good min/maxy doombringers. You get access to reknor, deep bellow and the new starter, and all the normals. Loot shower ahoy!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:53:48 pm by Darkmere »

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: October 27, 2014, 07:12:08 pm »

Spoiler: Pull the lever, Kronk! (click to show/hide)

So, dwarves make pretty good min/maxy doombringers. You get access to reknor, deep bellow and the new starter, and all the normals. Loot shower ahoy!

And here I was just lamenting how embarrassingly squished my elf was...does anyone know what the "play a doombringer as one of these races!" pop-up is about? Stonewardens are the only mechanically restricted races, and it doesn't seem like doombringer should be a lore-restricted one. (Yeek doombringer is too hilarious a concept for words. I am not a good enough player to pull it off.)

EDIT: Y'know, I just remembered how burnt out I got on dwarves the last time I played. There's something so repetitive about Reknor, it makes you wonder why it doesn't have any sort of Alt layout.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:25:50 pm by Oneir »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: October 27, 2014, 07:33:59 pm »

Eh, I went with cornac for vanilla experience. Overabundance of clerics managed to take off a life (well, the first try got completely murdered by that mentioned quasit), but it's otherwise been going fairly well, so far. I've... actually skipped over the sandworm pit and daikara, at the moment. Walked into dreadfell at 17, trying to get an elder vampire to spawn. Borfast was a bastard. Mostly due to retch stripping off my active infusions and whatnot. Took forever to kill, bleh. Also you seriously have to disable incinerating blows when fighting luminous horrors. Most everything else is just casually keeling over, even the randunique greater acid demon that spawned in one of those switch vaults.

I'm finding that staff is definitely the doombringer's ideal weapon (if you're sticking with two-handers, anyway), which is vaguely annoying due to the initial gold outlay, but... eh. Lucked out on a rare elven-wood one... somewhere in OF, I think? Base damage isn't as high as I'd like, but there's no complaints in regards to a +23 SP, +20% fire damage deathstick at this point in the game. I'd post th'char link, but something wonky seems to be happening with the server or... something... and it's not updating.

Spoiler:  so here (click to show/hide)
Only thing I'm really regretting so far is those points in eternal suffering. Unfortunately, it just kinda' drains vim way too fast to be terrible useful as an always-on thing. And I'm kinda' too lazy to toggle it when it might be useful. I'm seriously digging the incinerating blows + inferno nexus combo, though. The latter is currently jacking up burn damage by a full 75 points/turn for me, heh.

Not really intending to play doombringer past the point of unlocking demonologist, though, whenever that comes around. Not even sure if I'll last till then before succumbing to the temptation of just manually unlocking it, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: October 27, 2014, 07:37:14 pm »

If you consider getting the new DLC, check your profile ("Balance") first... especially if you donated in the past and/or bought it on steam and linked your accounts, because you might be able to get the DLC for free if you have enough coins.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: October 27, 2014, 08:57:56 pm »

There are very few details about the dlc. How big is it?
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 163