Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 467843 times)

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1905 on: November 01, 2014, 05:59:15 am »

Damn, I started a nice Bulwark and once I entered the path into the Old Forest I instantly died. The fuck. Also I didn't manage to unlock the Brawler... tried 3 times and failled 3 times. Okay, not fully, because on the last attempt I died at the 9th enemy. Well, only need 60 gold to my next attempt. Hehe. ._.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 06:04:29 am by rumpel »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 01, 2014, 06:05:58 am »

At the start of the fight, press P because there are a few points you can give to your fighter in that arena.

Then try to use the column to avoid getting more than 1 enemy at a time, don't hesitate to dance around them until your regen is back online.
Usually when i want the bloodcaller ring (and it's good on brawlers) and so fight in the ring of blood,  i keep my fighter behind the column that is on the far left of that arena and let the enemies coming.

remember that uppercuts stun enemies once you have build a few combo points with the double strike, it makes them much easier to kill.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 01, 2014, 06:37:49 am »

I did it now! Thanks for the advice, though. Had a lot easier enemies than the three times before.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 01, 2014, 09:49:02 am »

Also be sure to activate Striking Stance. It's free, makes you hit harder, and makes you take less damage. My basic strategy (which works as long as it doesn't throw, like, four orc wyrmics at me) is keep distance, Spinning Backfist, Double Strike, with Uppercut or regen as needed. In the last version (I don't know about now) there was some weird thing where you'd get bonus glove procs (which is part of the brawler's schtick, FYI, and really fun)...while not having any sort of obvious, proccable gloves in your inventory.

EDIT: Nifty, unlocked the Demonologist. For those who are curious:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:58:48 pm by Oneir »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 01, 2014, 01:12:06 pm »

How does the story of the DLC integrate within the events from the Maj'Eyal campaign ?
Is it separated, is it happening before or after the defeat of the sorcerers or is it unfolding at the same time of the campaign events ?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 01, 2014, 01:58:41 pm »

It mostly just shoves another couple (class specific) zones and some pretty hefty lore into the main campaign. Haven't noticed anything major in regards to effect on the mainline plot, other than to clarify some stuff (mostly related to the 'u's). Also, insofar as I can tell, it quite possibly makes the halflings even more tremendous bastards, albeit unintentionally on their part. Turns out the consequences of their buggering about were even larger than they seemed >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 01, 2014, 02:09:21 pm »

thanks

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 01, 2014, 02:33:01 pm »

Yeah, Ashes is a pretty basic expansion for the normal campaign. The orc campaign, which has been talked about for a while, is supposed to be a totally different story...and somehow involve steampunk? Unless I'm getting it mixed up with a different hypothetical future expansion.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 01, 2014, 02:44:37 pm »

Some of the things in the dev plans for future tome4 dlc probably :
http://te4.org/wiki/Campaign#Non-existent_campaigns

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 01, 2014, 02:53:45 pm »

Though yeah, desert dwelling steampunk orcs. That's an eventual, if DG keeps plugging away.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 02, 2014, 06:54:42 am »

So, while the new add-on appears to add two pretty enjoyable classes, it is something I cannot get, because I've currently no way of making online payments.

With the  Doombringer out of the question, which is the current Most Ridiculous Melee Class in the version of our Lord 1.2.4? Actual hack-n-slash games are running at about 20 fps on my laptop but I wanna click things to death a bit.

I missed out on winning a release Solipsist, and I wanna just crash into things and make the mans fall down without much threat of retaliation.

Also I've already won a Cursed, and I'd rather not play another...ever.

What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 02, 2014, 07:58:29 am »

Be aware that the current version is really buggy. I've had the portal on the demon starting area not appear, twice. I also didn't unlock the demonologist, even though I did everything that was needed and got the achievement.
There's also a graphical bug that makes one of the aoe effects take up your entire screen. I've been having fun with the new content, but wouldn't have minded to wait a bit longer for the bugs to get fixed

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 02, 2014, 08:04:38 am »

You're talking about the dlc or the main game ?
my recent win i was lucky to have not encountered any bug, out of the bad sprite for the distorsion effect (as i play with shaders disabled for more performance), a bug that's still there since many releases.

for the dlc i don't know, i don't have it.

With the  Doombringer out of the question, which is the current Most Ridiculous Melee Class in the version of our Lord 1.2.4? Actual hack-n-slash games are running at about 20 fps on my laptop but I wanna click things to death a bit.
Check in the past 3 or so pages my reports about my Halfling Brawler, from what i understood from my run with that character in 1.2.4 Brawlers are the most powerful melee terminators that are able to inflict total destruction on everything from lowly monster to endgame bosses.

Maybe the only problem is early game if you can't find/buy good gloves/gauntlets, didn't had that problem as i got a nice gauntlet in the first zone anyways.

So if you just want to just have fun in utterly destroying everything in melee from the start up to the last bosses while dealing insane damage and tons of mobility, go Brawler.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:09:53 am by Robsoie »

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 02, 2014, 08:53:11 am »

You're talking about the dlc or the main game ?
my recent win i was lucky to have not encountered any bug, out of the bad sprite for the distorsion effect (as i play with shaders disabled for more performance), a bug that's still there since many releases.

for the dlc i don't know, i don't have it.

I was talking about the DLC, but haven't played Tome in a while so it might not be DLC specific. Last version I really played was 1.21 I think

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 02, 2014, 10:03:17 am »

DLC definitely has some wacky bugs. One of the new artifacts (Fearfire Mantle) throws a LUA error every turn. :( It's a shame, because it would be really fun with doombringer (all the fire).

RE: online payments. I've heard stuff about getting prepaid credit-type-things at stores, but I've never done it and they may or may not exist in your area. If you have any way to get money on to a Steam account (friend with a credit card?), you can buy the expansion there assuming you own ToME there. And assuming you're alright using Steam.

RE: massive beatstickery. Brawler is great. Muscle-wizard is best class. It's hilariously fun. It's not 100% guaranteed roflstomp, but it's a great mix of durability, mobility, and beatstickery. Key points:
  • You can punch people so hard they explode.
  • You can hit semi-indestructible enemies so hard they die anyway.
  • You can put casters in a headlock and make them (silently) give you their lunchmoney.
  • You can suplex entire rooms into submission. (see: muscle-wizard)
That and the abilities all work really well together (as in, functional and fun to use, not broken), and there's something really satisfying about getting a million attacks and proccing things off them all. (note that retaliation damage will wreck you.)

Allegedly one berserker build is supposed to be broken good, last I checked. But I found the early game so tedious and frustrating that it just wasn't fun to get started. :-/
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 163