Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 467399 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #2190 on: June 20, 2015, 07:20:13 am »

Anyone know how I can add another stupid row to my quickbar? I feel like this character could've been even more fun if I didn't have to stick skillpoints in stupid skills just so I could have a visual indicator of "hey idiot, you have this spell you could use".

If i understand well, click on that button to "unlock" the interface :

Left click and hold on that button and move the whole quickbar up :

Then right click and hold on the same button and scale the quickbar down :

Then click again on the lock button to re-lock the interface (and avoid accidentally moving stuff)
I wish i had a much bigger monitor to fit everything with some classes., as increasing that bar hide unfortunately a part of my view on the map.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 20, 2015, 08:25:43 am »

Not sure if you know this, but you actually have multiple quickbars by default--scrolling your mouse over the quickbar, or hitting page-up/-down will move between them. You can also use increasingly convoluted hotkeys ([shift-]+[ctrl-]+[alt-]+[a-b0-9]).

If you want a more interesting shield class (with some good, but not hella, AoE), and are willing to shell out money (even for the Steam version on sale), the donator Stonewarden class dual-wields shields for great results. Once you get Spectral Shield/a good resist spread you basically don't take damage when you block. With Eternal Guard you can do this almost all the time (effect-strippers can turn off block, stun&c. can put Block on cooldown). It's pretty great.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: June 20, 2015, 09:04:42 am »

Or just roll a sun paladin or shield-based arcane blade. They're both solid, and sunpas are hella' stronk right now.

And there's always ogres. You roll ogre, any of the two-hand classes (include, for example, a paradox mage :V) can be a shield class :P

Or get a hold of addons and do that silly xorn thing with the four weapon slots.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 20, 2015, 02:19:17 pm »

Thinking of running a Storm archmage, see how the damage is with that. Or is there another caster (barring stupid nerd vim users) that would get higher AOE damage numbers?

From my experience, you need a bunch of high cost sustains running for their damage to really pick up[Tempest, Hurricane and Thunderstorm, for a total of 250 mana]. That plus Aegis sustains for survival gave me huge resource problems with them. They've got huge aoe and dazes erreywhere though, so it might still be worth it if you get good +mana items or can spare an inscription slot for manasurge.

Anyone know how I can add another stupid row to my quickbar? I feel like this character could've been even more fun if I didn't have to stick skillpoints in stupid skills just so I could have a visual indicator of "hey idiot, you have this spell you could use".

If i understand well, click on that button to "unlock" the interface :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Left click and hold on that button and move the whole quickbar up :

Then right click and hold on the same button and scale the quickbar down :

Then click again on the lock button to re-lock the interface (and avoid accidentally moving stuff)
I wish i had a much bigger monitor to fit everything with some classes., as increasing that bar hide unfortunately a part of my view on the map.

What. You can do this. Thank you. Thank so much.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 21, 2015, 03:24:47 am »

Any expantion info yet?

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 21, 2015, 10:23:19 am »

Nothing new that I know about. Looks like Darkgod has been working on an Android port, which is kind of neat. There's some quiet murmurs about a minor update to the current main game (i.e. bugfixes). Aside from the DLC Demonologist's augment gimmick being a trial run for steampunk stuff in the Orc campaign, I don't know that there's much information beyond what's on the wiki's non-existent campaigns page. And of course:
Quote from: te4 wiki
These campaigns are highly speculatory. They all have been confirmed by DarkGod as planned at some point, but no one knows when or if they will be released. Only the orc campaign has seen comments by DarkGod that he's working on it, and has seen considerable discussion on the TE4 forums.
For all I know there's a lot of in-game/IRC chat that I just haven't seen, but Darkgod pretty much works on Valvetime so I doubt there will be any firm dates until things are close to release. Does anyone know if they did beta-testing for the last DLC?

Other than that, I know he mentioned adding a new donator class (and consequently changing Stonewarden to a free class) during one of the last major updates.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 22, 2015, 04:57:00 pm »

Is anyone familiar with weirdness involving Meteor Crash? Like, it triggering on a weirdly weird-weird delay, and the graphic/icon being zoomed in as it passes and not striking where it actually hits. Usually, when it activates, it activates instantly on the same target as hit by the ability that triggered the meteor crash.

I'm not 100% sure if it's a paradox mage thing (probably not since someone mentioned getting it and didn't say anything about it performing weirdly), or an infinite dungeon thing (ID negates certain prodigy requirements, and perhaps this affects meteor's functionality), or a mod thing. Some mod is the most likely culprit, to be sure, but hard to test which mod is actually causing the problem since you'd need to get to level 30 to find out... I guess I could throw in an easy-cheat mod for testing purposes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 22, 2015, 05:47:33 pm »

Pretty sure it's a mod thing, just don't ask me which one. I've ran into the same thing on enemies that have it. No clue what causes it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 22, 2015, 06:20:31 pm »

I mean, what add-ons are you running? Does it still happen on the same turn you cast it, i.e. is the delay just in game response and rendering but not actual usage? Does it happen if you turn shaders down/off or turn off any talents which do a lot of drawing? Does it happen right from the moment you start playing or does the lag only set in after the game's been running for a while? I've noticed the second half of the game seems to run slower than the start (not sure if that holds in ID), so you could cheat and see what happens with a lower-level character.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 22, 2015, 10:42:56 pm »

Anybody know any build testing addons for this game?

I can't quite nail how I should handle some builds for this game...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: June 22, 2015, 11:23:46 pm »

Dev/debug mode? You can cheat yourself up to level 50 and teleport around to test it. Arena? There's some kind of talent point planner addon. The Everything's Unique addons current have ridiculously accelerated XP gains, so you can level up very rapidly and encounter nasty enemies to test yourself on, too.
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 22, 2015, 11:38:44 pm »

I use and swear by talent point planner.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 26, 2015, 03:29:54 am »

Rogue: going mindblades instead of daggers on Insane+ (skipping on Dex increases and increasing Will instead). Has anyone tried this? If only there were less Dex requiring talents, this build will be much more viable. May be going full Antimagic and relying deeply on stealth and traps?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: July 16, 2015, 04:16:04 pm »

I just lost a Sun Paladin in High Peak.

"Is that how we're going to play it, Tome?" I asked, my voice heavy with exasperation.

Silence encased me like a marble coffin.

"You're on"

http://te4.org/characters/15454/tome/35202972-8e9e-4d92-8485-d23d0e923359

Build meant for Madness still OP on Normal. In other news, hammers still easier to hold with hands rather than butt cheeks.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: July 16, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »

Rogue: going mindblades instead of daggers on Insane+ (skipping on Dex increases and increasing Will instead). Has anyone tried this? If only there were less Dex requiring talents, this build will be much more viable. May be going full Antimagic and relying deeply on stealth and traps?

If you're just concerned with the stat requirements on the skills you may be able to get by with stat-increasing gear past a certain point.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 163