Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 467059 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #2205 on: December 04, 2015, 12:21:06 pm »

Completely missed it, but there was a new version released on the 29 november :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2015/11/news/tales-majeyal-132-aka-stunt-saver-released
Followed the day after by a hotfix version :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2015/11/tome/tales-majeyal-133-aka-stunts-whip-doom-released

And announcement about the new expansion coming "Embers of rage" about steampunk Orcs :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2015/12/news/announcing-embers-rage
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:29:29 pm by Robsoie »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: December 04, 2015, 09:27:54 pm »

I'm really, really hard-pressed to give a single damn about the orc campaign. 99% of it is because of how they handled orcs in vanilla. Hard to get hyped at this point.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: December 05, 2015, 01:00:55 pm »

I'm interested, but it's been a long time since I've been able to really get into ToME. This could change that, depending on how the campaign and new systems play. Hopefully DG has learned his lesson about making the endgame a repetitive slog through functionally identical zones.

I wonder if they'll pull in you character from winning saves as a (bonus?) boss? That could either be really interesting and challenging, or hilariously underwhelming.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: December 05, 2015, 05:42:24 pm »

I wonder if they'll pull in you character from winning saves as a (bonus?) boss? That could either be really interesting and challenging, or hilariously underwhelming.

Or hilariously overwhelming, depending on how cheesy your character is.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: December 05, 2015, 05:49:15 pm »

Do believe arena mode is supposed to do something along those lines. Can't recall if I ever actually noticed it working, though :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: December 05, 2015, 05:50:28 pm »

Do believe arena mode is supposed to do something along those lines. Can't recall if I ever actually noticed it working, though :V

Yeah, when I was finally supposed to fight my old character[And probably get wrecked. Anorithil vs Wyrmic is hilariously uneven with no AM], it crashed the first time someone took damage.
Spooky Signature

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: February 15, 2016, 07:39:49 pm »

Completely missed it, but there was a new version released on the 29 november :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2015/11/news/tales-majeyal-132-aka-stunt-saver-released
Followed the day after by a hotfix version :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2015/11/tome/tales-majeyal-133-aka-stunts-whip-doom-released

And announcement about the new expansion coming "Embers of rage" about steampunk Orcs :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2015/12/news/announcing-embers-rage

There was a new version this month, in fact since that post there have been a whole bunch of new versions, the major release, 1.4.0 changes :

Spoiler: version 1.4.0 (click to show/hide)

And further other versions being mostly bugfixes of it.
The latest of them is 1.4.3 :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2016/02/news/tales-majeyal-143-aka-rage-released
and one of the commercial expansion got updated too :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2016/02/news/ashes-urhrok-105-out

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: February 15, 2016, 07:43:11 pm »

Yeah, I rather like the new version. Certainly a lot easier on the eyes. Haven't gotten far with my new Doomed, but the new Shadowmancy stuff seems pretty neat.
Spooky Signature

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: February 16, 2016, 05:44:12 am »

Glad to see Doomed getting some love. They certainly fell by the wayside compared to all the revamps to other classes (the updates to PM and TW, although they are even nicer now) or the ones that are easily viable already (oozemancer and AMs).

I've considered doing a Doomed+ mod. I'd basically re-envision them into a kind of Sauron-like figure, with specialization either into force damage (waving their hands/weapons around and attacking in arcs, knockbacks, heavy armor use without penalties) or psych damage (their pre-update array of mind-damage abilities), with dark/shadows as supplementary utility trees. I'd also re-vamp the dark line to add more mobility, basically copying oozemancer's mucus functions (lots of darkness spreading options, including passive spreading, and a late teleport-through-darkness skill).

But for the problem of being, you know, so lazy.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: February 16, 2016, 06:51:10 pm »

Oh, hey. What a good time for this thread to come back to life. Apparently the new expansion is coming out next week, so that could be exciting. I've been curbstomping everything up to Daikara with a temporal warden to unrustify myself. (avoiding the hounds this time because I'm tired of it glitching out and giving my unlimited dog)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: February 16, 2016, 07:18:57 pm »

I have nothing for the orcs but ire and bile. Hype over the "let's go kill everything 4.0" expansion is negative for me.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: February 16, 2016, 07:31:50 pm »

I have nothing for the orcs but ire and bile.

That's racist
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: February 16, 2016, 07:37:50 pm »

They're also ignorant savages who deserve extinction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: February 16, 2016, 07:57:45 pm »

So's pretty much every race in maj'eyal :V

Orcs are supposed to be bringing steampunk, and that's quite enough for me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: February 24, 2016, 08:39:31 am »

It's out! Anyone else have it yet? I've played through the first couple of dungeons as an orc sawbutcher (new tinker melee class), so I can give some preliminary insight:
  • It's short. I don't know just how short, but the whole campaign is under 2.5x experience. TOME is okay at scaling dungeons to your level, but I hit level 10 by the end of the first real dungeon (not counting the racial starting mission), iirc.
  • It's interesting! I don't know if it will hold up, and there are issues, but the new class talents and tinker system have potential.

The expansion adds three new classes (two unlocked to start, the sawbutcher and the gunslinger), three new races (with only the orcs unlocked to start), a tinkering/crafting system (with associated new kind of infusion), new artifacts, etc. and, of course, the new campaign. I need to confirm, but I think everything but the new races should be available in the original campaign.

Tinkering involves a set of generic trees which. Each tree has talents for three schools of crafting, investing points unlocks the ability to craft more advanced items in that school and the chance to unlock a new schematic. These items are tinkers, so items you attach to items (just like the demonologist) to unlock either various bonuses (I started with the schematic for the grounding strap, which gives lightning and stun resist) or skills (I found the recipe for rocket boots, which give an expensive sustain which boosts speed while leaving trails of fire behind you). These skills revolve around steam, which also powers the tinkers' class skills.

Steam has a low maximum, but a high rate of regeneration. Skills are split between normal activate skills, and sustains that drain steam at a rate per turn. I'm still working out how managing steam should work, but already I wish there was a "Deactivate on rest" auto-use setting. Some of these talents are really interesting (very much Warhammer Ork in the case of the sawbutcher talents), but after getting a TW to High Peak I feel like I don't have nearly enough buttons, but I may just need to get used to juggling sustains instead of active talents.

So: I like it so far. I don't regret spending money on it, but part of that is I've sunk an ungodly number of hours into regular TOME and enjoy the community.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 163