Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163]

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 464665 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #2430 on: May 31, 2023, 07:14:26 am »

Yeah, public beta testing for lost land is supposed to start somewhere in the next few days. Beneath the Tides has been planned for... a long time. Trolls, spiders, naga, iirc were the major expansion campaigns I've seen mentioned as planned even before the orc one was released. Beneath the Tides is trolls/naga, spiders hasn't seen much public mention yet, that I've noticed. So there's probably at least two more coming after this next one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: May 31, 2023, 10:25:39 am »

I really like T4. The skill trees are deep, well thought out and allow for more than just one optimised build.
It tickles the loot itch just as well as Diablo did.
It always has friendly players online to link that oh-so-not-so-scary-anymore-now unique to that you just debuffed with more debuffs than can fit on the screen and share a giggle with.

Yeah, definitly one of my favourite roguelikes. I go back to it at least once a year and got all the DLC on the 'well-deserved cash for a dev who has been on it for decades' principle (I did play Tome2 too. Also still nice to go back to every once in a while if you can cope with the oldschool UI. And before that, Angband. Originally, the Tome series started as an ZAngband fork IIRC).

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: May 31, 2023, 11:01:36 am »

Can't remember if it forked from zangband specifically, but the original incarnation was Pernangband, which switched over to Tolkien theming after mccaffrey started being a jerk about fanworks.

Quick check though, yeah, it was a pern themed zangband fork originally. Played it a ton back in the day, but never did win a run of it. Literally the only angband variant I've scored a victory in, despite probably several hundred hours playing them, was Furyband, which was a ToME2 fork, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 31, 2023, 12:33:02 pm »

I never beat Tome2 either. Got close with the (experimental) alchemist class, but gave up because it is such a grind.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163]