Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 471326 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1080 on: March 16, 2013, 01:13:21 pm »

If you mean the voratun given by Atamathon, there's no way i'm going to attack him again , the last time it destroyed a level 50 winner character of mine (though it was a bunch of version ago) in a few turns :D
Maybe if one day i decide to get the prodigy that gives +1000% damage against constructs.

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 16, 2013, 03:06:15 pm »

Saving the jeweler is pretty easy if you have arcane eye to watch him, while you're killing the demons.

I kinda wished there was another bonus boss other than Atamathon. After killing it several times all that's left is the infinite dungeon, which is boring since you're stuck at level 50. Fighting Gerlyk would be fun.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 16, 2013, 03:25:00 pm »

There's an addon that rebalance the infinite dungeon for when you're completing the adventure at level 50 and want to dive in it, as it allows you to increase your talents and levels instead of getting stuck at level 50 / skills 5.
http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35016

But be warned : you need to have started a new game with it enabled, if you have started a character then enable the addon later, the infinite dungeon still will get you stuck at level 50 as i unfortunately experienced in a past version.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 16, 2013, 03:37:55 pm »

So I took some time out of my busy schedule of not doing things, and started an Arcane Blade. Already died once, because apparently 2 different teleports and a phase door are not a reliable way to escape a room with a single enemy in it. Thus ensues Question time!

1. What in the balls do I do to kill a Dreaming Horror and how does its dreamscape work?

2. Is there any reason to use the following infusions and runes on an AB, or should I switch the teleport for a not-that-great shielding : Teleport, Manasurge, Regen and Wild?

3. Massive amour : yes/no? Since mana is one of the very few things affected by fatigue, and since apparently spells still cost mana when used via Arcane Combat, should I be wearing the heaviest armour I can find, or should I stick to medium and heavy? I'm currently using an "of the dragon" dwarvensteel plate since I have no stun resistance, but I'm kind of running out of mana unless I rest after each enemy.

AB is fun but so damn frail for now... I might have to skip Melinda's Crypt this time.

edit : Oh yeah, level 20 right now, forgot to mention this.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 16, 2013, 04:10:14 pm »

1. You kill a dreaming horror by hitting it until it dies. You've just got to (mostly) hit your way through its massive regenerating psi pool before you get to the squishy health bar.

Dreamscape is an arcane monstrosity I'm only half aware of how functions. From what I understand you swap control to the clone thingies and attack the horror. Every clone thingy you lose is like 10% of your health when the dreamscape ends, and killing the thing that dreamscaped you while inside said dreamscape ends it. Something like that. There's better information on T4's forum.

2: Everyone loves regens and wilds, really. Manasurge is pretty useful on certain AB builds since they can be a mana hungry little monstrosity, especially before they get a larger pool to work with, and is of course very useful until you get the mana regen talent going. Teleport's nice until you can get an item based escape of some sort (psychoport torque, tele amulet, whatever). It's one of the better escape inscriptions.

3. Whatever. I usually go heavy since it's got solid egos and such for an AB, but light armor or cloth would be fine, too. Massive's probably a bad idea until way late game at the soonest, because as you note it causes some pretty hefty resource issues.

Incidentally, most things are affected by fatigue, not just a few. Only things that aren't are equilibrium and vim, iirc. Maybe hate. Mana just gets hit twice as hard as most other things.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 16, 2013, 05:11:29 pm »

1) In more detail.
Dreaming horrors are solipsists. This means that they A) convert 100% of damage taking into psi damage, B) convert all saves into mental saves (so good luck stunning them or effecting them with anything), C) Roll using their mental save score to reduce damage taken, possibly (and almost always for low damage attacks) down to 0, D) they can regenerate psi quite rapidly, especially outside of combat, as well as seeking you (and moving through walls), so running won't help much unless you immediately leave the level.

As for dreamscape: Right click on a dreaming horror->Inspect->Talents-> Mouseover dreamscape. This tells you exactly what dreamscape does, and lists all their other talents in as much detail as you need.

This means you can drop 2000 raw damage on them over 5 turns, and possibly do only a few hundered psi damage to them after all their resists are checked out.

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 16, 2013, 05:13:16 pm »

Hate is affected by fatigue as well.

Dreamscape: your character is basically stuck in a time prison (invulnerable, but you can't do anything), and you take control of your mental clones who deal 50% less damage. Every time a clone dies you lose 10% health. Kill the horror to escape.

The player version is mainly used the same way fearscape is used: escape a dangerous situation, rest, kill a weak enemy.

I found this in the maze:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm playing a dwarf geomancer. Nightmare seems to give the best loot.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 16, 2013, 06:04:59 pm »

Finally my ghoul bulwark crushed the last Pride, now it's time to get into the Slime pits to see those added bosses, my character is on his last leg since a lot of time, i hope he'll manage to go through that hell.
I hope i'm correctly equiped for them, we'll see.

The thoughest time my character had with the Pride was in the necromancer one ( Rak'shor ), lots of difficult fights i got there with more unique and spell caster teaming up on me than i would have liked.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 17, 2013, 04:01:22 pm »

Yes ! can't believe my character managed it as he was on his last life since a while (probably forcing me in being insanely more cautious than usual).

That's again a melee character that i win with, i wonder if i'll manage it one day with a spellcaster.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:05:02 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 18, 2013, 07:01:51 pm »

Reading on another board about the Oozemancer, i suddenly remembered that i had during the game with my winner character a message about remembering a lush forest.

As i was playing a ghoul, i thougth it was just some undead flavour text, not that it was telling me that the actual Oozemancer dungeon had been generated

I entered

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50:50 pm »

Very nice, with the ghoul victory and the unlock! Well done  :P

From what I hear, Oozemancer is disgustingly OP nearly on a Solipsist level, but can actually die. Of course, antimagic itself is hilariously OP so any class intrinsicly antimagic doesn't really have a shot at a fair ground. Really fun to play, though, it seems. I might have to cheat myself the unlock because a non-guaranteed level 30 zone is not something that can actually entice me, unless my AB gets it by chance.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 18, 2013, 07:52:32 pm »

Very nice, with the ghoul victory and the unlock! Well done  :P

From what I hear, Oozemancer is disgustingly OP nearly on a Solipsist level, but can actually die. Of course, antimagic itself is hilariously OP so any class intrinsicly antimagic doesn't really have a shot at a fair ground. Really fun to play, though, it seems. I might have to cheat myself the unlock because a non-guaranteed level 30 zone is not something that can actually entice me, unless my AB gets it by chance.

Then again some classes NEED antimagic.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 18, 2013, 07:55:26 pm »

Nope :P

So far as I'm aware every AM capable class has been won without it (presumably barring oozemancers, I guess.), even in v1. Fungus and the antimagic tree are very nice nowadays, and non-arcane kit not so gimpy, but runes and arcane equipment are pretty solid in their own right.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 18, 2013, 07:59:52 pm »

Well to be fair on the two characters I've gone antimagic, I've been literally unstoppable - killed the final bosses without closing portals, just standing there and bashing their heads with stuff. Antimagic artefacts also seem at least as powerful [and some, like Breath of Eyal, Guardian's Totem and what have you] are incredible.

So no, I don't think any class NEEDS antimagic, and in fact it's magic that needs a severe boost. I've been toying with the idea of a "void" tree with an accompanying zone, since the major bonus of antimagic is the survivability, both in general and against casters, and the Aegis tree is not only limited, but worse than Fungus, but I've no idea how to implement it or even suggest it in a reasonable manner so I may as well not have mentioned it at all  :-X

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 18, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »

I think if the archmage class had some method of preservation against status effects...
Honestly, if you are playing a shalore archmage, and happen to get hold of the reflective rune off a troll, nothing will be eating through your shields any time soon. A single status ailment, though, and you are doomed.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 163