Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 464657 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #2400 on: September 30, 2019, 11:49:52 am »

there's a beta test for the coming ToME4 1.6 :
https://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2019/09/news/tales-majeyal-16-beta1-upon-you

there does not seem to be anything new, but out of the apparently very numerous bugfixes, from the changelog it looks like there's a lot of rebalancing/revision of most classes and monsters and AI rework , along some changes to existing dungeons.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 04, 2019, 03:04:30 am »

Haven't played in forever, but I seem to remember a minor hubbub about an AI smartiness overhaul. did that go in, and if so how is it?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 04, 2019, 09:35:33 am »

I've been testing this 1.6 with a dwarf wyrmic and after completing all the low tier dungeons + the one with the experiment thingy attacking a yeek so far i didn't noticed anything really different from the AI, but it's been a long while since i played the game solo (i mean without using the party addon to get team members) so i don't really remember how the AI reacted to you alone.

What i noticed though now that i reached level 17 is that talents/skills seems to have more additional bonus in them than before, probably making the usual unused (or useless in comparison to other) talents/skills more interesting to take then for more of their bonus synergy.
But i'm far from being used enough to wyrmic to tell if it make the gameplay with them really changed in comparison from before this 1.6

edit : i think i noticed a new AI thing , it occured in the village that get invaded by storm elementals , a big one that was at a distance started to shoot thunder at my character that replied with breathing a few attacks, the storm elemental instead of continuing the assault just ... ran away out of my visual range.
Later he came back, then ran away again so i had to run after him.
Well i hope it's not going to be a regular "tactic" the more i will progress, considering how much monsters there are in dungeons, i don't imagine running after fleeing monsters being very fun.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 01:21:04 pm by Robsoie »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 05, 2019, 02:35:25 pm »

it is a common tactic and many a complaint has been levied about it

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: October 07, 2019, 08:21:41 am »

it is a common tactic and many a complaint has been levied about it

How long did it take to get the world map enemies changed so they were no longer your level+1? If I remember, Dark God wanted it to be your level, and so added your level to the monsters' (assuming the world map was depth 0, not 1) and never checked the result.

I haven't played in a few years.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: October 07, 2019, 04:18:41 pm »

For now my dwarf wyrmic (still on the 1st continent) despite having even done the zigur anti magic path isn't encountering a single world map enemy party (maybe a bug as i remember back in the past magic user parties were hostile to such anti magic character), so i can't tell if they're same or +1 level still.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 07, 2019, 05:35:58 pm »

I don't recall arcane ever being unusually hostile towards antimagic characters, actually. Only hostility states I can recall for western map (non-adven party) roamers were zigur towards arcane folks and everything towards undead. Arcane normally non-hostile groups didn't give a damn if you were ziguranthi or not.

Could just be misremembering, though. Never did much zigur play.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: October 07, 2019, 09:26:14 pm »

I could have sworn i had to battle some mage party in my past zigur run, maybe i misremember i'm not sure anymore as it's been a very long time.
Anyways, being in the east and back to west then back to east again, it looks like all the orcs warbands i encounter are at my character level, so i guess it's not +1.

Not that it does them much good, several very high damaging breathes (and lot of elemental penetrating bonus from my items) in a row obliterate those poor buggers thinking they can bully a very nicely equipped dwarf wyrmic, the fools.
At that point i think my character with all its attack skills maxed supported by very good equipment is just unstoppable (i only play at normal difficulty though :D ) , out of some bad random rolls in the sorcerers boss skills i doubt even them will even stand the killin breath machine.

I guess eating too much bad stuff probably didn't helped when it comes to how people get my character breath :D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:36:28 pm by Robsoie »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 08, 2019, 07:54:18 am »

For now my dwarf wyrmic (still on the 1st continent) despite having even done the zigur anti magic path isn't encountering a single world map enemy party (maybe a bug as i remember back in the past magic user parties were hostile to such anti magic character), so i can't tell if they're same or +1 level still.

There aren't gangs of 3 adventurers with randomly-generated skills on PC classes anymore? I assume the "no maximum on skill level NPCs have" was fixed so you don't get one-shot with some broken ability half the time when you face them (you don't really face them because they got to move before you did, so you died when the screen loaded, but still), but I thought having people hunting you (with some sort of animal parts as drops?) was something that they were sticking with. It was the main reason to avoid the sand worm dungeon; the mountains prevented you from escaping when adventurers followed you there.

I could have sworn i had to battle some mage party in my past zigur run, maybe i misremember i'm not sure anymore as it's been a very long time.
Anyways, being in the east and back to west then back to east again, it looks like all the orcs warbands i encounter are at my character level, so i guess it's not +1.

Well, that's good news. I think the adventurers and warbands worked the same way, but I only made it particularly far in the orc continent once.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: October 08, 2019, 08:00:44 am »

They had adven parties prior to this latest beta, at the absolute least, and I've noticed nothing about (intentionally) removing them. It's been a damn long time since they were particularly likely to kill you on the first turn of an encounter, though. They're positively tame these days, heh.

They never really factored into doing the lair, though. They've pretty much never actually been particularly hard to avoid if you're careful, even in the confines around that dungeon. The adven parties don't chase you, they just meander around randomly. You avoid the sandworm lair so you don't  have to deal with navigating the sandworm lair :P

i mean, realistically you suck it up and do it anyway 'cause the heart and bile are stupid good, but still
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: October 16, 2019, 06:10:18 pm »

I haven't kept up with the tome4 news as it's been some time i haven't played my 1.6 beta 1 character but it looks like there's been a ton of fixes and balancing done since then as there's a beta 2 then a beta 3 that have been released already :
changelogs for beta 2 :
https://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2019/10/news/tales-majeyal-16-beta2-grabs
for beta 3 :
https://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2019/10/news/tales-majeyal-16-beta3-grabs
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 06:12:51 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 18, 2019, 04:33:25 pm »

So there have been several more beta to balance and fix stuff then finally 1.6 has been released.
And then 1.6.1 has now just been released with a lot more rebalancing and fixes :
https://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2019/11/news/tales-majeyal-161-techno-annihilation-released

For people that have the ember thingy dlc there's also a new class and the start of a new feature : a class evolution system that apparently will let you evolve a class into a higher one, for now it is only for archimage but more will certainly follow if the feature isn't broken.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: December 10, 2019, 07:32:20 pm »

Ah, I just noticed this thing got updates.

Unlocking technomancer was pointlessly frustrating as I had to figure out Archmage and semi-bork the character build to do it... but it was on normal so whatever. The "Hero Class" seems really fun... provided you get really lucky and unlock Mana Coil. Otherwise I could see Galvanic feeling like a struggle compared to what Wildfire already gives you and suddenly you're fighting steam levels in addition to mana management from the re-worked distortion shield (I've been away a while...). Didn't get a chance to try out the other ones yet.

Annihilator is currently comically overpowered for normal... to the point that 1/1/1 in artillery is clearing most dungeons as I stroll through without even shooting. It reminds me a bit of Oozemancer on launch, I assume it will be nerfed to unusability soon enough.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: December 10, 2019, 11:49:02 pm »

I'm finding cultists of entropy surprisingly strong. I'm having a v. good run with one. Though of course Urkis and randuniques are still a problem. But I did cut through randuniques that would have put a stop to previous chars
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: December 17, 2019, 12:28:21 pm »

Currently feeling a bit frustrated with the final boss of the EoR campaign.

This is the second character I've had that has coasted through the entire game and then splatted against the brick wall of the big bad. It wasn't that it was killing me... I was able to whale away on it for about an hour solid before I finally got careless and died. It's that I just had absolutely no way of hurting it enough to get past its shields and healing on its last stage. I was playing as a Whitehoof Demonologist, and I managed to get it down to about 74% health through Fearscape, but after that I just had to watch it slowly creep back up to full health while I was unloading all of my attacks on it...

I kind of suspected this would happen, seeing as it was a defensively-oriented character, but still... It just sucks to have an entirely viable build for the whole game and then be literally unable to damage the final boss at level 50.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163