Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This Place Sure Does Sound Dwarvenly! (Story and stuff)  (Read 1061 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
This Place Sure Does Sound Dwarvenly! (Story and stuff)
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:54:45 am »

Ok, if you wish to be a dwarf in the story, just post. With stuff about you. But not like, a description. I'll post that back of who you have been assigned to. Anyway.

This Place Sure Does Sound Dwarvenly!

Diary of an Expedition Leader...

I heard about a very dwarvenly place yesterday. I was talking with my good friend, Urist, and, well, he mentioned that over in Ashcudgels, you know, that mountain home in the east? They recently uncovered adamantine. Not content with that, they breached through the molten rock and magma, into a huge chamber filled with terrible demons. It has unmineable stone, huge glowing pits, rooves of magma and molten rock, and was deep and dark... And then... well... they killed them.

Now, call me a dimple cup, but I've been wanting to start a bit of an expedition like this. Our fine leader wishes our civilisation to expand outwards, and has been looking for people willing to lead an expedition.

So now I'm an expedition leader, setting out on a mission to... well, no idea where, to be honest! We're just going to find somewhere nice with some nice resources... then... dig down. And live. In this Very Dwarvenly Place.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This Place Sure Does Sound Dwarvenly! (Story and stuff)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:24:39 pm »

sounds cool. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Could you dwarf me as an axe warrior?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: This Place Sure Does Sound Dwarvenly! (Story and stuff)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:44:12 am »

I'd like to be a mechanic, don't really care what sort of personality or body I end up with. Deathtraps are dwarvenly.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.