Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Morulcatten- A Morul succession fortress (VOLUNTEERS WANTED!)  (Read 3950 times)

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
Re: Morulcatten- A Morul succession fortress (VOLUNTEERS WANTED!)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 02:01:48 pm »

You automatically read his tale twice when you hear his name in the near future.

He has legendary taletelling.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 04:04:31 pm »

You guys have read the tale of Mörul Cattenmat, right...?

Oops, the most interesting dwarf in the world? You just want me to concentrate on raising this dwarfs skills? ok
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:17:51 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 04:42:30 pm »

I couldn't finish the year
Here's the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4117
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 02:30:55 am »

I have two successions going on atm, I'll start this after I've finished the last one. But there's only three months left of that.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 11:01:45 pm »

If you can't go for a while I'll finish Svarte's turn.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 06:49:20 pm »

If you can't go for a while I'll finish Svarte's turn.

Please do that, I have craploads of stuff at my hands atm.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 07:17:04 pm »

And after that I'm perfectly willing to take the Baron's turn. I wanna see this gal get up to legendary brewer... we may have to get her up to, say, adept grower, and then stop so she can concentrate on cutting down wood, making barrels with them, and brewing them. Wood is a renewable resource, but seeds are very renewable, so we can hire a grower now before she hits legendary grower. Brewing, woodcutting and carpentry, not so much. After you do that, I'd suggest we tackle cooking and maybe get a start on masonry and engraving... gotta get those bedrooms done...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

I suggest, everybody, that we turn invasions off- gonna make life *very* difficult.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 07:27:25 pm »

I'll give this thing a try. Sign me up!.

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 10:30:22 pm »

4th Timber

I now find it hard to write this journal. Leadership here has broken down. Luckily the people look up to me. Even with my injury I can lead. I am stepping in. I will right this town! A smart young miner has come to me. Sadly until now I have barely noticed her. Morul is her name, she sees the need for a strong military leader and wants to protect us from the vicious Moosemen and Badgers. I shall take her under my wing. I have ordered construction of a training dojo, this will be the place where we shall make a simple dwarf into a legend.

14th Timber

The last few days we have seen increased numbers of goblin thieves. This news troubling. I can feel the darkness come closer.

15th Timber

At dawn, I awoke to train like I always do only to look out at the horizon and see a sea of green and steel. So this is what the goblins bring to free their captive brothers. I called to my squad and we formed rank across the river. For a moment there was a stand off. The goblin horde snarling, our warriors were fearless. As quick as lighting the battle broke out. Goblin filth clashed against dwarven iron. And before the day was through we had slaughter half their force and caused the others to flee. This was a day to remember, but only because it will come again.

23rd Moonstone

The water has finally frozen over. I guess winter is really here. I stop by the bookkeepers office to make sure that we will have enough food and drink to get us to spring. It early but it seems we will have enough. The cold must be getting to the workers. Many of them just lounge about as I my training dojo remains unfinished. Just because all I have is my left arm does not mean I wont use it to stab you lazy dwarves. I have been keeping my eye on Morul. She is a fast learner. It seems Iden, our engraver, has taken her under his wing and put her to work smoothing the stone in the new dwarf quarters.

1st Opal

What is Led doing? She didn't show up to work today and I just sawing her frantically searching through the halls. It is like she is possessed or something.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 10:58:16 am »

No! She needs to do all the labor before the military skills...

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 04:29:21 pm »

alright i'll keep her engraving and brewing then. I was going to build a danger room and level up the a few combat skills so an invasion wouldn't kill her.
Pages: 1 [2]