Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 36416 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Shit. That was my first time as scum. Other than everything, what should I try to do better next time?
Don't use bad arguments. You didn't seem like you actually believed those arguments, either. Ask yourself if you'd be making this same argument as Town.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shit. That was my first time as scum. Other than everything, what should I try to do better next time?

Look at my arguments against yours, and then never do that again >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 1, 9/9]
« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2011, 05:45:39 am »

Saint has drawn my attention for the above post. How many times must you be told that good scumhunting isn't a scumtell?!?!?!?!

As well for a general sense of passivity.
Don't do this.  It transparently linked you to SaintDraze.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2011, 08:22:11 am »

Saint has drawn my attention for the above post. How many times must you be told that good scumhunting isn't a scumtell?!?!?!?!

As well for a general sense of passivity.
Don't do this.  It transparently linked you to SaintDraze.
? I'm not seeing it as anything other than hindsight biased. Sure, we see the connection now, but we didn't see it then. We should be looking for stuff we saw then, not stuff we see now.

It IS a scumtell to vote someone and FoS your partner, but that's the sort of WIFOM that doesn't matter.

So, Zrk2, the only thing I can say is maybe push it further. Remember that you have to treat your partner the same way you treat anyone else, which is also the same way you would treat everyone else as Town: How that is is up to you, though. I tend to be fairly hostile toward everyone, while protecting the people I believe are Town. I'll go out of my way to protect them. This is tougher to do as scum, since I get a different mindset, so I'll think extremely critically about who to protect, but I'll be afraid that I'm buddying at the same time. So the key is to balance those two personas.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

If your arguments are copy pastes of someone else's, it's a strong sign you're not really hunting.  Even if you attack the same person as someone else with similar arguments, take the time to distinguish it with a different set of points.

If you're my scumbuddy, you have no protection from my hunting.  I will freely call you on scummy things you do, though I may ignore the occasional slight scumtell.  See Twitter Mafia (D2/3) and Bastard Paranormal (D2) for examples of me doing this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

What if all your points have already been covered? Then your only choice is whether you want to be accused of parroting or being called out on not scumhunting.

Because, that happens to me a lot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What if all your points have already been covered? Then your only choice is whether you want to be accused of parroting or being called out on not scumhunting.

Because, that happens to me a lot.
Well... Then it's tough.

For one, DON'T EVER SAY THAT YOU ARE PARROTING OR THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE YOU ARE PARROTING OR NOT SCUMHUNTING. I know you say that a lot, and it's the STUPIDEST thing to say. It's like you're serving your own miniature dishes of WIFOM and then heap on extra.

If you are agreeing with people, then say that. It's okay to agree with people, since, surprisingly, that's WHY you're trying to show people are scum. If you agree, then say WHY you agree. Here's a good explanation.

Person A has said Person B has avoided questions repeatedly and refused to take a firm stance on everyone. You look at the evidence and conclude that Person A was right, because in post A, B, and C, he acknowledges these questions but never answers them, and in Posts D and E, he has been wishy-washy on who he suspects, followed by his never having voted for anyone.

While this seems like it might be parroting, it's not. You are using the same reasons, yes, but you are supplementing your support for these reasons with your own. Heck, if Person B is being suspicious enough, there might not even need to be reasoning. Just say: "Person B, you are being incredible suspicious and have no reason to be." If you think that you are justified in doing so, DO SO.

The point is that if you feel like you are parroting, then MAKE IT SO YOU NO LONGER FEEL LIKE THAT. Don't SAY you're not parroting unless someone says you are - unless you feel like making your own arguments against yourself. The point is to show how other people are suspicious, not yourself.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile

Welp I pretty much failed...
I am sorry I scum lost so soon pandar, the flavour was the shiznit!
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Welp I pretty much failed...
I am sorry I scum lost so soon pandar, the flavour was the shiznit!

Any reason you disappeared after some votes?

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile

Computer Problems T-T
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 02, 2011, 02:02:34 pm »

? I'm not seeing it as anything other than hindsight biased. Sure, we see the connection now, but we didn't see it then. We should be looking for stuff we saw then, not stuff we see now.
I guess I only saw it after Zrk2 was lynched.  But it's still risky to do stuff like that - it means if you are lynched, your partner will have a much worse chance than they would otherwise.

SaintDraze's last minute bussing was way more noticable, though, so it got kindof overshadowed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2011, 02:26:22 pm »

I guess I only saw it after Zrk2 was lynched.  But it's still risky to do stuff like that - it means if you are lynched, your partner will have a much worse chance than they would otherwise.

SaintDraze's last minute bussing was way more noticable, though, so it got kindof overshadowed.
The bussing was noticeable. It was a factor in voting him.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]