Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - RP Edition - Game Over - Werewolf Victory  (Read 52859 times)

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - RP Edition - Day 0 - Meet and Greet
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2011, 10:20:06 pm »

At the alemonger's frantic behesting he goes to meet the other outsider, Pandar.

He walks up to the table he is sitting at
(?)
He pauses in his one man conversation with Pandar to get a better look at him...

Several moments pass...

the Monks right eye twitch as his mouth warps into a foul grimace...

He storms out of the bar with a mood like spoiled bacon.

The monk intensely loathes the stranger but  does not know why...

He would rather not have anyone to talk to then chat with the dapper temporal chap
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2011, 01:05:17 am »

Thrakor continues to watch the going-ons.

A man of average height and forgettable looks, he looks as if his goal is to blend in to the crowd- a feat he accomplishes well.  The scruff on his chin indicates a low interest in his general appearance.  He is not dirty, but he is far from spotless.  He wears a brown coat and a hat pulled low on his head, which make it hard to see his eyes.  They are a steel gray color in the gaze he has fixed on you- sizing you up?

He clutches his drink (a stout whiskey of the local flavor) and silently regards the situation.  This is a man that thinks before he speaks.

It is known that he served in the local lord's army for a couple years, so he knows his way around weapons.  He mostly keeps to himself in his house on the outskirts of town, where he lives alone.  He grows enough food for himself and traps small animals for meat.  He barters what he can gather for what he cannot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2011, 02:21:15 am »

OOC: I think some general guidelines would improve readability and consistency. I'll yield to whatever Mephansteras or consensus says, but in the mean time I propose the following:

Out of Character comments should be marked OOC: bold header, plain text following. Example:
     OOC: I would post more often, but my ISP was eaten by wolves. I'll be back later.

In Character third person flavour should be in italics; dialog can be interspersed directly in italics as well, or if needed highlighted in reverse italics. Example:
    [ i]flavourful stuff, to which he boldly said [ /i]"You and what army?"[ i], so I killed him[ /i]...
which would produce:
    flavourful stuff, to which he boldly said "You and what army?", so I killed him. I laughed at my partner "heh, little feisty feller there".

All Player names (or Character names, if Jack and Thrakor would like) should be bolded so they're easy to see in context. Example:
     The little butterfly called Misha was flying through the garden, when a drop of honey from Vazuel's beehive fell on her. Her wings stuck shut, she flailed, failed to reach safety on a branch,  and plummeted to the ground. "Oh, shiiii...." she was heard saying, as she fell straight to Shelobette's spider nest. Misha was soon to be poisoned to a coma, and would serve as food for the newly hatched larvae.

Barring external circumstances, there's no general need for fonts, sizes, colours, or other weird formatting.

Short version: OOC text is unformatted, flavourful text is italicized unless it would have been italicized if unformatted. People are bolded. Simple enough, yes?

...as I said, these are mere suggestions, you can take them, leave them, or allow them to be superseded by word-of-Mod or consensus, but I do think some standards would be great for readability, playability and consistency.

[ooc]Me thinks that we need to state that unstated rule
of you don't make other peoples characters do stuff cause
its just rude and we would get into a dodge fight[/ooc]

Absolutely. Respect personal boundaries, and keep your hands to yourself. Things like I found Soandso to be idiotic and subhuman, so I commanded him to choke to death on his own intestines while I buggered his mom; he agreed eagerly, and in excitement he also cut his own balls off and made some christmas ornaments out of them before dying...    are right out!

Behave as you would like others to behave towards your character. In character, sure, but we're all and would like to remain pals out here in real (forum) life.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2011, 12:19:49 pm »

OOC: I agree with Book's guidelines. They seem
thought out and honestly are better then what I had
figured out.
   The personal boundaries thing is not my
thing and is just a rule that if not started with is always
made up in any roleplaying where there is no combat
mechanics.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2011, 02:23:49 pm »

((Powergaming in general is frowned upon in RPs, so obviously it should'nt be done.))

The youth sits in a corner as the strangers enter. He eyes them absentmindedly, but then turns his thoughts back to the notebook on his lap.
Don't mind them, the voices say.
He obliges. The voices are always right. They pose are of no interest.
He starts drawing something in his notebook.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2011, 02:34:18 pm »

OOC:I just realized I did not say what I look like!
Akhier is 6ft with brownish hair and a freckled face. He
looks mostly in shape though not from his own will, running
away from people that expect him to do silly things like
pay bills or buy food has made him an expert at running away.
He is stuck in the town because the man in charge of the
Inn happens to be able to run faster than him. When Akhier
gets angry he starts to look a little scaly because of an
attempt at alchemy to turn himself into a Dragon and
besides the months of sickness afterward that is all that
remains of it.
--------------------

Now that the bacon man is gone Akhier once again try's
to offer the gentlemen some crumpets while he apologizes
for the odd man while explaining that people like that do
not commonly come in here. THEY normally stay in the
Inn at the end of the alley.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2011, 02:43:46 pm »

Jack does't see any need to get involved in whatever is going on on the other side of the bar.  He just sticks to mopping the floor and minding his own business.

...Come to think of it, don't you usually clean up after the customers have left?  Really, there's something a bit
too nonchalant about him.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »

Book wanders through town as he sometimes does during weekends. He stops by the Tavern, as it seems to be the happening spot today, and there's a lot of new faces around. It doesn't hurt to familiarise oneself with new faces...

"Barkeep, hit me!" he calls to his old friend Moe behind the bar. "Sure thing, prof! Everything OK up there at the 'versity? You still fiddlin' with them alien gizmos?" he says while pouring a snifter of  Book's usual. "It's going well, yes. I'm still tinkering with the remains of the Alien Tech from their last visit. They brought a Replicator this time, hadn't seen one of those before, a big bulky thing. But I think I cracked it. It even had some energy left! I've just about finished disassembling it and reassembling it again. Hopefully we can figure out how to build our own, as we did with the little scanners they left behind last time. How are things here? How's that Jack fellow doing? Haven't seen him in a while." "He mostly keeps to himself, although lately..." Moe was about to go on, but busied himself with a few drink orders for the other patrons.

Book turns around on his stool, takes a slow sip from his drink, scratches his beard, and scans the room. "Yeah, quite a few new faces around. That generally means trouble. I wonder what will befall the town
this time?"
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2011, 05:10:47 pm »

Seeing Book come in Akhier waits till he finishes
talking to Moe then goes over to him and asks "Hello
Professor, would you care for some crumpets? They're
fresh from the oven!"

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2011, 05:17:39 pm »

Seeing Book come in Akhier waits till he finishes
talking to Moe then goes over to him and asks "Hello
Professor, would you care for some crumpets? They're
fresh from the oven!"

"Crumpets, you say? Sure thing, I love them. Thank you!" Book extends his hand to take one. They look quite tasty, although his spidey sense tingles with a warning. While smelling delicious, there seemed to be something slightly off about these crumpets.

"Nah, it must be my imagination" Book thinks to himself while taking a big bite from the pastry, washing it down with a hearty sip from his snifter. "Not bad at all, Mr... Akhier, you said? Where did you get the recipe? And what brings you to this place, if you don't mind my asking?"

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2011, 05:27:44 pm »

"I was just blowing through town a few months ago
when I ran out of money so I got a job here. I normaly
stay in back cooking and such but with so many new
faces around it was just to busy.
   The crumpets are the owners recipe but he simply never
seems to get around to making them.  They taste wonderful
but because of some of the spices they are a little different
but its a good kind of different. I think its the fresh leaf
of mint that does it."

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »

"Ah, mint, yes. That does give them a unique texture. I'll have to ask Moe for the recipe. I'm not surprised he doesn't make them himself often, the man's an oaf at the kitchen. Knowing his hygiene habits, it's just as well. I saw a little man earlier take some pig-smelling lint from his navel, while babbling something about bartering it for bacon. Nasty sight, all around."

"But I'm glad Moe found someone competent to improve the menu at this place. The drinks are good, and the glasses are almost clean, but his other offerings have been quite... limited. But enough about Moe; tell me, other than pastry chef, do you have a calling in life? What do you make of the strange folk around? And, if I may ask, your skin has a... scaly quality to it; is it perchance related to alchemical accidents?"

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2011, 05:48:37 pm »

Oh I simply love Dragons but knowing everything
about Dragons is only a good profession if you use it
to help dragon slayers and I simply couldn't. The scales
are indeed an after affect of alchemy gone wrong. I had
folishly thought if I wanted to truly understand Dragons
I would need to be one. Not that its the wrong idea
just that part of Dragons is they live so long. I would
still be a child not ready to leave the nest if I was a
Dragon. But of course being young and foolish I thought
I could mix a few things up and poof, I would be a Dragon
and know all I wanted about them. Never mind at the
least I should have had a Dragon scale to attempt such
a complex mixture. I went ahead with it and got sick for
months after and was much looked down upon. It was a
stupid thing to do especialy since I was in a stone room
smaller then even the smallest of adult Dragons when I
tried it so even if it had worked I would have been trapped.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2011, 05:58:26 pm »

"Heheh, yes. The daring foolishness of youth. I almost remember. Well, I'm glad you managed to live through it" says Book while swiping another two crumpets from the plate. "Mmish arg good!" he adds while wolfing them down, and then finishing his drink with a big gulp. He smiles with satisfaction, and calls to Moe over his shoulder "Hey Moe! When you have a second, send me another drink, please. And one on me for your master crumpetcrafter here! You made a good hiring decision for once!"

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2011, 06:03:05 pm »

Moe squints at the mention of having hired Akhier
so Akhier while Book is looking away shrugs at
Moe who promptly sighs thinking that it was an
misunderstanding on Books part.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24