Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Training Guide  (Read 1430 times)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Training Guide
« on: March 03, 2011, 06:41:44 am »

Maybe I missed it in the mass of information, but when I was looking for a way to adjust the MINIMUM number of dwarves needed for my squads to train I chased a few links that claimed to explain that across 4 pages only to have each page claim a different linked page had the info.

When I got to the last page, which was the FAQ for the military all it stated was there was a way, but it was too complicated to get into and would only confuse us for the purposes of getting our fort up and running and was therefore left out.

I eventually found what I was looking for with google, but it was about adjusting the maximum number of dwarves in a squad that would train at once.

Here's where I started: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Training

Again if it's there, I'm sorry for being an idiot.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Training Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:49:38 pm »

You are always welcome to put the info into the wiki. I don't think most players have actually sorted out how to use the military past "Just drafted squad, try to kill that monster!".
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Training Guide
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 01:52:46 am »

Alright, I'll make an account and get on that then.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.