Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 176897 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 1, 15/15
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 02:19:18 pm »

Yeah, the kind of rolefishing where you try to find out someone's alignment.  Who'd want to do that, eh?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 02:36:26 pm »

Votes:
SirBayer - 1 - Book
Darvi - 0
Leafsnail - 1 - Jokerman-EXE
Ottofar - 1 - Ottofar
Argembarger - 0
Zrk2 - 1 - Leafsnail
lordnincompoop - 0
Bookthras - 1 - Argembarger
Jack A T - 0
Org - 1 - Mr.Person
Jokerman-EXE - 1 - NativeForeigner
Toaster - 0
IronyOwl - 1 - Toaster
NativeForeigner - 0
Mr.Person - 0
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 02:42:03 pm »

Hey...

If there are no laws, does that mean no rules?  Could we then all do things like post our role PMs?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:03 pm »

Sure, go ahead. Give it a go.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 02:47:04 pm »

unvote

lol, Book, trying to get him potentially modkilled are we?

This game is already craziness.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 02:53:29 pm »

There are many Rules, most of which are standard to the forum. However, I won't explicitly state any of them except in rare circumstances.

Laws are a different matter.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 03:05:04 pm »

Votes:
Ottofar - 1 - Ottofar

I see.
How about: Unvote Pandafar
Vote RedWarrior
?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 03:28:56 pm »

Votecount, please
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 03:29:26 pm »

Zrk2.  Tell me your alignment, please, and how you hope to achieve your win condition.

Well, rolefish. This post can only result in WIFOM, whatever I claim could obviously be lies, so I'll claim the truth, so therefore I must be lying etc etc.

Sir Bayer, I have never played against, or heard of, you. What is your general strategy as Town, as Scum, as a third party?

It's a good thing I decided not to sleep or I would of missed this. Now I can officially kick off my RVS with a vote on Org. Org, what would do you think is the worst thing that can happen to you during the night?

Now I'm tired, see you all tomorrow.

So here we see an Org policy lynch. Why? Can't you find someone better to question? What do you hope to achieve from this?

Leafsnail.

...wat.

So you make a RV but ask no questions? The whole point of an RV is to pressure, but with no question, it doesn't achieve anything.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 03:34:54 pm »

Dude, Leafnsail. Blatant rolefishing is blatant.

Glad to see you're sober, Jokerman. What do you think would be some of the most likely powers of the scumteam? Generally.

With any luck, this won't be the case for long.

I would think common powers like a roleblock or possibly a protect, since Pandar had to find something to adapt the roles into, and those are pretty easy to make. I imagine there's some kind of one-shot power on at least one of the scum members, given the precedent of granting scum a powerful one-shot to help them turn the game.

There are many Rules, most of which are standard to the forum. However, I won't explicitly state any of them except in rare circumstances.

Laws are a different matter.

In that case, I defy gravity and am now impossible to lynch. Do I win now?

Leafsnail.

...wat.

So you make a RV but ask no questions? The whole point of an RV is to pressure, but with no question, it doesn't achieve anything.

*sigh*

I hate to sound like a jerk, but don't tell me how RVS works. I am very well aware of how it works, and if you'd been around longer you'd know, like everyone else, that I have a very special relationship with the RVS. At least I'm participating in it this time.

Leafsnail: So obviously you're admitting to alignment-fishing. It's not all that strange, but it is strange to see it so blatantly put forward. What's prompting you to just go for it and ask?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 03:41:53 pm »

Glad to see you're sober, Jokerman.
With any luck, this won't be the case for long.

Dude, quit bragging about your stash. It only makes those of us without a hookup salivate in envy. Either bring enough for the whole class or shut up about it. 8-P

There are many Rules, most of which are standard to the forum. However, I won't explicitly state any of them except in rare circumstances. Laws are a different matter.
In that case, I defy gravity and am now impossible to lynch. Do I win now?

Not by a long shot. Having antigravity would prevent your neck from breaking from the fall, but that'd be easily corrected by tying the noose tighter, much tighter. Let us know if you'd like to test this hypothesis, I'm sure we'll oblige.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 04:06:09 pm »

Oats (I Miss CobaltKobold):
SirBayer - 2 - Book Zrk2
Darvi - 0
Leafsnail - 1 - Jokerman-EXE
Ottofar - 1 - Ottofar
Argembarger - 0
Zrk2 - 1 - Leafsnail
lordnincompoop - 0
Bookthras - 0 -
Jack A T - 0
Org - 1 - Mr.Person
Jokerman-EXE - 1 - NativeForeigner
Toaster - 0
IronyOwl - 1 - Toaster
NativeForeigner - 0
Mr.Person - 0
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 04:16:12 pm »

Oats:
Ottofar - 1 - Ottofar

Heheh... Pandar, can you confirm if this votecount is correct? If so, something funny is going on. It was a fun move, Ottofar, unintended consequences and all.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 04:32:14 pm »

Well, rolefish. This post can only result in WIFOM, whatever I claim could obviously be lies, so I'll claim the truth, so therefore I must be lying etc etc.
Answer my questions.

*sigh*

I hate to sound like a jerk, but don't tell me how RVS works. I am very well aware of how it works, and if you'd been around longer you'd know, like everyone else, that I have a very special relationship with the RVS. At least I'm participating in it this time.
So, you decide to be patronising and stupid instead of trying to justify what you did.  And then you quietly add a question on afterwards.

Leafsnail: So obviously you're admitting to alignment-fishing. It's not all that strange, but it is strange to see it so blatantly put forward. What's prompting you to just go for it and ask?
Yes.  I admit completely and utterly to alignment fishing, and I will not stop until I have found out the alignments of everyone in the entire goddamn game.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 04:40:18 pm »

*sigh*

So, you decide to be patronising and stupid instead of trying to justify what you did.  And then you quietly add a question on afterwards.

Yes.  I admit completely and utterly to alignment fishing, and I will not stop until I have found out the alignments of everyone in the entire goddamn game.

I don't need to justify myself to him, or you. I will go about RVS the way I go about RVS, and you can either suck it the fuck up and deal with it, or you can bitch to someone that gives two shits. Which, if you were wondering, isn't me.

Well, at least you admit it. And I can't actually say I'm not doing the same, since that is the overall goal. Unvote Leafsnail.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74