Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 177735 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

Xanatos goals?  Just as planned.

Org: What are your thoughts on the current state?
Zrk2: What do you think of Mr. Person's choice to co-opt almost all of your arguments against SirBayer yesterday?

It's lazy, but not necessarily scummy. I think I covered most of the reasons for lynching him, and had Mr. Person posted a long list it would only have wasted his time and simply reiterated what I already covered, only from a slightly different angle. All-in-all it doesn't really seem to indicate anything about his alignment.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Again, I'm not advocating we lynch Org. I'm advocating someone fucks him over during the night, and I'm casting doubts about his jester claim unless he becomes very generous with information that the town needs.
Haha, yeah right. Thats completely backwards. There is no reason for you to lynch me after I tell you the information.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Xanatos gambits? How would I even go about doing that?  :-\
The conditional sounds bad, and I assume something bad'll happen if we mislynch. Other than that, I have no idea.

I think Org is a Jester yes, now that Sr.Bayer's turned town and we know Org's power. We should avoid lynching him from now on, as he'll use what trickery he can to get himself lynched, like this deal. I don't think he actually holds any special information, and it's even less likely he's be able to reveal it, let alone speak after death. Besides, doesn't the conditional change on D3?

Really, Book? You want to lynch the CONFIRMED jester? Really? Really? REALLY?

Seems like a bit of an overreaction, Person. Your jump, and obtuse attack (if it can even be called that) are very suspicious.

Though this is an option, I opt to believe that we will have scumhunted enough by then, so I don't think this needs to be explored in further detail.

was confirm that Org is indeed a Jester...

I say you are scum for claiming CERTAINTY that Org is CONFIRMED anything, REALLY.

Haha, what

Well, I've not been able to write as much as I hoped; it's been a busy day. I'm going to try and see if I can get the rest of the case on Person tomorrow.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's like I'm talking to a fucking monkey, lordnincompoop. You just said Book was lying and backtracking in your own goddamn post, and yet you vote me. I'm not understanding the logic there, so please, tell me more.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

The thread is a little slow, how about we get some general thoughts from everyone.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

The thread is a little slow, how about we get some general thoughts from everyone.

Sure. You first.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

It's been long enough from the start of the day that I wouldn't mind a LurkerTracker post.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Been meaning to do a reread and such, but haven't gotten around to it.

Only things I have to say are that I agree with ignoring Org (and murdering him through non-lynch means if possible), and that A Grave Mis-Stake sounds like something to do with vampires. Initial thought was that the player we lynch comes back as a vampire, but there could be more to it than that, like a vampire now in our midst.

The primary issue, of course, is that we have no idea what laws can or can't do, which makes it rather difficult to guess at their exact effects.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Not vampires, hahaha.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile

Dude, come on. Org's trollin', and it seems to me that Leafsnail's claim pretty much makes complete sense. There might be more to it if Pandar combined the submissions, but I'm pretty sure it's just Org trying to get us to kill him.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Votecount Please?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

I'd like to open with a quick note to SirBayer: Sorry, dude, I really thought that either you were scum or that your flip would have been more informative than it was. It seems all it did, along with the Spoiling Spectator dudes, was confirm that Org is indeed a Jester... which makes him lynch-proof, so I really hope he's not scum and managed to either lie to BayBay about it or convince him to lie for him. Oh well, we'll see, I guess.

Here we see Book try and distance himself from the lynch, yet Sir Bayer was seeming scummy, so he really has nothing to apologize for.

Honk honk

...Org Mk II?

Everyone: What do you think A Grave Mis-Stake could be?  How about its condition?  I'm guessing maybe it triggers on a mislynch?

Sounds like it relates to mislynching. Read the post where Bayer was lynched, it sounds like the law was triggered by him dying.

RE: Book-Mr.Person Kerfuffle
Seems interesting, but doesn't really reveal much. Worth watching, these arguments are usually fruitful if watched.

Ottofar, your turn.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 2, 13/15, 1 replace?
« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »

Votecount will appear soonish; also, I'm mod-extending the day for the benefit of Jim Groovester, who has thankfully replaced Book. Apologies to Argembarger, but replacing someone who's completely gone takes priority.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 2, 13/15, 1 replace?
« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2011, 03:05:35 pm »

Hoo boy.

Can I get a summary of current suspects and the arguments against them? I won't be able to immediately look over the thread. I'll try and get a grasp on it in the evening.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Votes:
Darvi - 0
Leafsnail - 0
Ottofar - 2 - Leafsnail Ottofar
Argembarger - 0
Zrk2 - 0
lordnincompoop - 0
Jim Groovester - 1 - Mr.Person
Jack A T - 0
Org - 0
Jokerman-EXE - 0
Toaster - 0
IronyOwl - 0
NativeForeigner - 0
Mr.Person - 2 - Jim_Groovester (Holdover from when Book was still in) lordnincompoop

This day is governed by the Laws:
Conditional: A Grave Mis-Stake
State: Xanatos Goals

Day ends Monday at 5 PM Pacific.
At 13 players alive, hammers require 7 votes, Extensions require 3 votes, and Shortens require 5.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74