Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 174505 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 2, 13/15, 1 replace?
« Reply #525 on: March 21, 2011, 02:44:37 pm »

Unvote, vote Mr. Person. I explained about his tunneling on Jim in a previous post and his recent throwing out accusations without arguments is horrible. Examples in the morning.

Since it seems to have come up, how about you guys tell me what my meta is, I'd like to know as I'm not self-aware enough to pick it up myself.

And here are my reasons for Mr. Person:

He acts aggressive and tries to get people to stop making points, and has been for a while. From previously I noted that:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And as LNCP noted here:

He continues his attempts to get people to stop talking here:

As well he can be passive about actually scumhunting:

And here:

Worst of all, he doesn't like TvTropes!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 21, 2011, 03:53:32 pm »

Supposedly no.

Unvote Mr.Person, vote Darvi.

You're being awfully reactionary, you know.

Not that I disagree with you about anything you've said, but why are you flipping the fuck out at anyone who's voting you?

Because really, what the Hell is this? They're attacking me for being "passive" and not scumhunting, and yet...well gosh, I can't find a single reason for their votes. It's infinitely frustrating when no one else seems to notice the hypocrisy here.

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear who my picks are for scum. What about you, Jim? And anyone else that's just lurking the day away?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 21, 2011, 04:08:24 pm »

Reread, voting.

Unvote, vote Mr. Person.  His attacks on SirBayer were overenthusiastic, horribly flawed, and he basically piggybacked off of Zrk2's arguments. His attacks on Jimbook were conversation-stifling ones that showed a strong dislike of searching for information on the laws (only the scum would benefit from knowing how laws effected scumhunting, apparently.  We townies don't need to know how laws effect scumhunting...*grumbles*). His current attacks on Jokerman feel too light for the evidence compared to his earlier attacks.

Jokerman, with his current nervous-looking, angry behaviour and rather passive previous behaviour, is a close second.  If Mr. Person turns out to be town, and Ottofar's power works, you'll most likely be the first person I'll vote for tomorrow.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:33 pm »

What about you, Jim? And anyone else that's just lurking the day away?

Mr.Person, Zrk2, Darvi.

I've already listed why I suspect Mr.Person and Zrk2. Additionally, Mr.Person hasn't answered my question on what he thinks of Zrk2, since he's been ignoring him completely, and he's been tossing around vehement accusations whenever it's opportunistic. Zrk2's handling of Ottofar is scummy. Namely how he wants to see Ottofar hammered before he can get clarification on his role, and before Ottofar can talk.

Darvi's been hopping between bandwagons. What made me suspicious initially is this post and then this next one. So he votes me based on a misunderstanding, and then after he hears my explanation, and accepts it, doesn't unvote. Nice. He's also been lurking a ton.

Votecount, please. The day's supposed to end today.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 21, 2011, 04:17:17 pm »

Zrk2's handling of Ottofar is scummy. Namely how he wants to see Ottofar hammered before he can get clarification on his role, and before Ottofar can talk.

When did I say that? I don't remember anything about attempting to hammer him, but there was that whole fiasco about hammering SirBayer.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 21, 2011, 04:18:50 pm »

You didn't. But boy, did you really want to see Ottofar lynched.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 21, 2011, 04:23:48 pm »

Extend, if it's ending today. People aren't talking enough.
BLARG IM DED

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 21, 2011, 04:26:18 pm »

Wait, I didn't unvote? I could've sworn I had. Oh well, too late for that<_<

I have been lurking lately because on Friday I wasn't in a mood for playing due to not feeling well and the weekend is pretty much ok to go for lurking afaik. Was busy and only half awake most of the time.

Also, I hate you guys for posting those huge walls of text that my mind refuses to register during those 3 days.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 21, 2011, 07:35:42 pm »

1. Because I was also playing a video game at the time. And like I've already said before, it served the purpose it was meant to.

2. Like I said before this, I wanted to point it out so that no one thought it was going unnoticed. For one thing, just because I don't think the people on it are scum doesn't mean they aren't, so I don't actually see how I did anything you wouldn't think is Town.
Why? What's the purpose of pointing it out and making sure no one thought it was unnoticed?

I didn't think Mr.Person was scummy for his post (that part came later). However, I felt like his almost-defense of the bandwagon would draw out at least one of the scum, and I was meaning to look at other peoples' responses to what he had to say.
I don't get it. How was this supposed to work? Did it?

Because really, what the Hell is this? They're attacking me for being "passive" and not scumhunting, and yet...well gosh, I can't find a single reason for their votes. It's infinitely frustrating when no one else seems to notice the hypocrisy here.

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear who my picks are for scum. What about you, Jim? And anyone else that's just lurking the day away?
Wanton and repeated passiveness, lack of scumhunting, OMGUSing, and freaking out at being voted don't count as reasons?

Extend, if it's ending today. People aren't talking enough.
Then lead by example.

Zrk2:
You've been EXTREMELY eager and preoccupied with Ottofar's lynch.
Spoiler: Exhibit A (click to show/hide)

First you don't want to let him get and reveal the info. Then, when Jim calls you on it, you relent and say it couldn't hurt. You then question whether Org's hammer is actually invalid, and suggest nobody else needs to unvote Otto because you already did. When we finally find out what Otto's power is, you shrug and hop back on the wagon. When someone suggests a good use for it, you approve but don't bother to unvote, and then inquire about when the day is ending.

You obviously really wanted Ottofar lynched, and haven't been doing much else. Then when someone calls you on it:

Unvote, vote Mr. Person. I explained about his tunneling on Jim in a previous post and his recent throwing out accusations without arguments is horrible. Examples in the morning.

Since it seems to have come up, how about you guys tell me what my meta is, I'd like to know as I'm not self-aware enough to pick it up myself.
You shift off Ottofar and onto Person. You also ask about your own meta, which strikes me as scum trying to get everyone to tell him how to stop dropping tells.

You then elaborate with two enormous quote pyramids, the same quote:
Boy, it sure is quick-wagon-and-switch in here...

So what are you gonna do about it?
listed under both "attempts to get people to stop talking" and "passive about scumhunting," neither of which really seems accurate, a passive quote mentioning that you are being passive, and a tvtropes link.

How about giving useful explanations for why Person is scum, instead of meaningless walls of text and poorly-explained garbage?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 21, 2011, 07:48:38 pm »

I'll give you guys an extension until I get back later tonight, at which point I'll give an hour warning (while I shower and dry off) before locking and processing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 21, 2011, 07:50:39 pm »

And here are my reasons for Mr. Person:

Jokerman points out that a bandwagon is forming and Mr. Person tries to get him to drop it by essentially asking 'So what?' and treating it like it isn't worth being addressed. Everything is worth addressing, trying to get events to be ignored can only help the scum.

He calls out people for being 'passive' without giving any specific examples, and then proceeds to ask two questions with almost no contribution to the discussion.

And here:
This also is an example of his passivity, he addresses the claim of a bandwagon, yet doesn't do anything about it despite the fact (implied by his tone) that he thinks pointing it out is scummy.

Worst of all, he doesn't like TvTropes!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 21, 2011, 08:22:33 pm »

We need a votecount more than we need an extension.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 21, 2011, 08:27:45 pm »

Jokerman points out that a bandwagon is forming and Mr. Person tries to get him to drop it by essentially asking 'So what?' and treating it like it isn't worth being addressed. Everything is worth addressing, trying to get events to be ignored can only help the scum.
Or he was pointing out some of that passiveness you seem to care about. What makes you say he wasn't asking what he was going to do about it in the literal sense?

He calls out people for being 'passive' without giving any specific examples, and then proceeds to ask two questions with almost no contribution to the discussion.
He did give a specific example: You. He asked why it took you so long to vote someone.

And here:
This also is an example of his passivity, he addresses the claim of a bandwagon, yet doesn't do anything about it despite the fact (implied by his tone) that he thinks pointing it out is scummy.
Quit changing your story. Was he trying to dismiss the conversation or call Joker out as scum for it? Was he trying to get Joker to drop it or not doing anything about it?

You also seem to be admitting that your previous walls of text were absolutely worthless, and haven't addressed your peculiar attempts at Ottofar.

We need a votecount more than we need an extension.
Also this. Don't make me attach conditionals to my vote, Pandar.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 21, 2011, 09:02:17 pm »

Irony:

1. If scum were involved in the bandwagon, then I didn't want them to think it was unnoticed. If they weren't, I didn't want them thinking they could slip in on it. If it was only town and they didn't realize, then I wanted to point it out. I still don't see how that's actually scummy at all, so if you could explain that I would be grateful.

2. I was answering someone's (don't recall who) question about how I was apparently "waiting for people's opinions" before voting Mr.Person, and then the post you quoted was my explanation. I didn't think he was scummy until after, but I felt like conversing with him and pointing out a few things while I was there would stimulate conversation. Which uh, doesn't seem to be working too hot. I feel like I'm only talking to the same three people.  >:(

3. So you're going to say that I'm still being passive and not scumhunting, despite the fact that I've leveled accusations against my list of suspicions while others (Darvi) have simply voted me without reasons? Because I'm pretty sure that's being hypocritical. I also explained why the attacks on me were bullshit, and saying "Oh you were freaking out" is retarded because I've explained multiple times why their votes were bullshit and cause for alarm.

4. Lead by example? I think I have the most posts over the last three days, and you've been gone (granted it was the weekend, but still). So explain what that's supposed to mean.

BLARG IM DED

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 21, 2011, 09:46:22 pm »

Zrk2 seems to be providing very large quotes that don't help his case at all in the hope that noone bothers to read them.  For instance, Mr.Person asked Jokerman to elaborate on something he said by asking "So what?".  Apparently, the Zrk2, this is telling people to stop talking.

And his first quote of that post was selfquoting an already incoherent mess where he just quoted a bunch of Mr.Person's posts and pulls a random conclusion out of thin air.  Oh, except this time he also accuses Mr.Person of being "aggressive".  Damn, major scumtell there.

For the passivity allegation, you cite something which could possibly be seen as a bit passive... then another question to Jokerman asking him to elaborate on something.  Damn, to Zrk2, it seems that pressing for more info is the worst thing you can do.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 74