Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 176856 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 2, 13/15, 1 replace?
« Reply #585 on: March 23, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »

I don't think "I agree with him" is really the same as "This doesn't seem unusual for him," which seems to be what you're trying to say you meant. If that is the case, though, what's Zrk2 doing that isn't par the course for him?

I haven't played enough with Zrk2 to know that.
So are you saying Joker's actions are townlike or just not odd for him?

I don't know what you're getting at. If he 1) worries about the apparent wagon forming on Zrk2 and 2) doesn't think the people on it are very scummy, what else is he supposed to do? I think saying that he's watching it is a perfectly acceptable course of action.
This is particularly bizarre, also. I'm having trouble figuring out what it could possibly accomplish to let everyone know that the non-scummy bandwagon is being watched for scumminess. Wouldn't, you know, anything have been a better course of action? Staying quiet to let scum hop on, scumhunting those on it to make sure, maybe even just asking someone else what they thought of it? I just don't see how this is the action of a townie trying to do anything.

Maybe he could've done something more and done things better.

Is he scum because he didn't? No.
I still don't understand the town thought process that would lead up to it. Do you?

On that note, what do you think of the fact that he hasn't posted in two days?

Jokerman, you've been missing for two days. Tempting as it must be to just lurk while Zrk2 digs his own grave, I'm going to have to insist that you either show up or die.

Obvious jester is obvious herp a derp
You have FAR more important things to be responding to than Org, like why we shouldn't lynch you for spastic, catchphrase-spouting reasons with little to no basis in reality.

Only that you essentially hold the power of life and death with that vote as the end of the day draws near, and so providing a good explanation would likely be a good idea, once again the casual move of the vote suggests a lack of concern over where your vote is.
Like this. I really, really want you to explain how this actually means something, and isn't just a pathetic attempt at going through the motions of scumhunting without actually thinking about it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 23, 2011, 09:11:56 pm »

Is there a point to all these questions? Are you getting closer to finding scum by picking apart irrelevant details?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 23, 2011, 09:12:18 pm »

Lynching me solves everything guys.
I mean really.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 23, 2011, 09:14:02 pm »

You've convinced me, Org.

I'm going to change my vote right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 23, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »

Oh man.
The suspense.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 23, 2011, 09:16:44 pm »

Zrk2 Everyone, please just ignore Org.

Thank you.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 23, 2011, 09:28:40 pm »

Is there a point to all these questions? Are you getting closer to finding scum by picking apart irrelevant details?
I don't think your opinion on another player is an "irrelevant detail," and I don't think asking about specifics is uselessly detail-oriented. If you don't want me asking a bunch of questions, say what you mean to say the first time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 24, 2011, 12:52:43 am »

No, but you're picking at irrelevant details about why I don't think Jokerman-EXE is scum.

And it feels like you're trying to maneuver me into a position where you can go "See! He agrees/doesn't deny/has no opinion on some stupid issue! He's scummy!" So naturally I don't really want to answer your questions since I've been perfectly clear about my attitude about Jokerman-EXE from the start and find this whole exercise completely pointless and possibly a trap.

I am good at scumhunting, not townhunting. Why are you making me build a case on why I think somebody is town? That's pointless.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 24, 2011, 01:48:42 pm »

Jack, do you have any scumpicks other than Mr. Person?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 24, 2011, 02:07:44 pm »

Well, let's see...As I stated earlier, my second most likely pick, in my eyes, is Jokerman, for reasons that I gave earlier: he's jumpy, nervous, passive, and such.  Not going into much detail here, read my earlier posts.

You're my third pick.  You were the source of the whole "Org must be either scum or town, SirBayer must be scum defending scum or scum defending town because only scum would defend Org" mess from day 1, you stayed on Ottofar for longer than it made sense (agreeing with plans yet still voting for the guy...), and, frankly, I'm not exactly convinced that you are paying attention to the game.  Otherwise, you would know that I had picks other than Mr. Person (and that I had actually stated my second pick and reasoning), and that Jim had already given his reasons for voting for Mr. Person at the end above voting for Jokerman (even beyond the no lynch avoidance reason, he'd given his reasons for why he suspected Mr. Person over Jokerman).

Zrk2: Are you actually reading through the thread carefully, or just skimming for anything that looks red?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 24, 2011, 02:09:05 pm »

Also, wasn't the day supposed to end yesterday?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 24, 2011, 02:52:41 pm »

It was supposed to.

But Pandarsenic probably has three midterms and a final or something.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 24, 2011, 03:05:38 pm »

Well, let's see...As I stated earlier, my second most likely pick, in my eyes, is Jokerman, for reasons that I gave earlier: he's jumpy, nervous, passive, and such.  Not going into much detail here, read my earlier posts.

You're my third pick.  You were the source of the whole "Org must be either scum or town, SirBayer must be scum defending scum or scum defending town because only scum would defend Org" mess from day 1, you stayed on Ottofar for longer than it made sense (agreeing with plans yet still voting for the guy...), and, frankly, I'm not exactly convinced that you are paying attention to the game.  Otherwise, you would know that I had picks other than Mr. Person (and that I had actually stated my second pick and reasoning), and that Jim had already given his reasons for voting for Mr. Person at the end above voting for Jokerman (even beyond the no lynch avoidance reason, he'd given his reasons for why he suspected Mr. Person over Jokerman).

Zrk2: Are you actually reading through the thread carefully, or just skimming for anything that looks red?

I read the last three pages before posting that, I'm rereading the lot of it now.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 24, 2011, 03:28:53 pm »

You guys know that by letting me live now as a Supposed Jester, you are letting me do this for every game here on out.
I could just play it the same way, and never get lynched.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 24, 2011, 03:41:06 pm »

Not every game has a Jester.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 74