Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 179683 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 1, 15/15
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2011, 10:48:41 pm »

I dont think Zrk is scum.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2011, 10:51:39 pm »

HOLY SHIT! You'll have to derp twice next post.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2011, 11:00:51 pm »

Derpa  herp
Derpy derp derp herp derp

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2011, 11:01:39 pm »

...Could it be?  An actual informative post from this game's Org?  Wow.

Org: What is your reasoning behind that statement?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2011, 11:12:20 pm »

Uhhhh derp.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2011, 01:05:28 am »

Holy derp, batman!

He's trying to protect me (apparently), and it makes no sense to me either. This is more like the Org we know and well, something I guess.

The Org we all know and something.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2011, 02:07:26 am »

Re: Post Above

I played once with Org before, he was annoying, but never this bad. Also, your need to defend Orgs indefensible position screams buddying.

So then who's scummier? The guy who's spouting random nonsense or the guy who's buddying? And yet your vote is where it is - on Org. Haven't even FoS'd me. Just defended yourself.

Who's scummier? The defender of another or the defender of himself?

Holy derp, batman!

He's trying to protect me (apparently), and it makes no sense to me either. This is more like the Org we know and well, something I guess.

The Org we all know and something.

The Org we know and well? >_>

But seriously. You're still. Somehow. Surprised. When are people ever going to learn how Org actually plays?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2011, 02:33:32 am »

Derpa  herp

Sigged.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2011, 02:57:58 am »

Jack A T:
Toaster: Org's acting weirdly, even for him.  Why would he?

You'd have to ask him.

Why did you ask me?

Wait wait why are you voting me I am joking,
Herp a derp

Great.  Care to be useful and contribute?  If so, I'll unvote.

Now this is interesting.  You're neither voting him nor have you ever voted him.  Why are you saying you'll then unvote him?  Forgetting who someone else voted I can overlook, but forgetting who you yourself are voting (nobody) when you unvoted the same RL day?  No, I think you may, in fact, be scum who does not care about his vote.

Jokerman-EXE:
Derpa  herp

Sigged.

Since this is your meta for RVS, what do you think of Org metawise?  Is this scum or town Org?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2011, 05:27:09 am »

I feel like he's probably not either. Something tells me he's third-party, but I'm willing to bet he's not a Jester. Maybe he's a SK that's trying to get Jester-like attention, which would make town wary and scum want to avoid killing him. I'm not sure, but I don't feel a town or a scum vibe from him.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2011, 01:01:29 pm »

Toaster, uh...
  Org.

I read over his posts three times looking for a vote.  That's what I get for posting at 3 AM.

Jack:  Consider that part stricken from the previous post.  I still want an answer about why you asked me what Org was doing.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2011, 01:18:27 pm »

Sir Bayer, in case you missed it, I opened voting on you, but moved it over to Org for his playing like a bad imitation of himself. You didn't seem to warrant it, but you seem to be trying to draw votes onto you, to take the pressure off Org.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2011, 01:46:51 pm »

Because clearly random voting Org is a policy lynch on him. Hell, I never said policy lynch at all.

SirBayer, why are you defending Org's... Orgness?

Because we call it Orgness. It's like saying Pandarsenic making puns is a scumtell. Yeah, it's annoying. Yeah, it's not helpful. But it doesn't actually mean much, in context.

I'll grant that the only way to catch scum-Org is a policy lynch, but I won't stand behind this right now. It's a bad idea and it won't end well. I am fairly willing to put my bet on a useless town-Org.

(Of course having said that he'll be scum.)

So wait, you see Org doing what you call nulltells, so you assume he's town? That makes no sense at all. You're also not willing to scumhunt him to figure this out. You're also passive about it.

I find it scummy that you both vote Org with a three-minute interval.

But yeah.

Well, yeah. When people jump on the same guy like that, with basically the exact same reasoning, it's often called a bandwagon. Which is scummy.

Not really. Bandwagoning is about voting without any reasoning at all OR trying to ride on someone else's reasoning. But lemme put it this way. What Org is doing is so unnacceptable that people voting him should be a given. Sure, some people are being a touch lazy about the reasoning and you're more than welcome to question them about it. Of course, I notice you've neglected to scumhunt everyone who's wagoned and are only going after one guy. This is a very odd time to tunnel considering you've got a myriad of targets.

So then who's scummier? The guy who's spouting random nonsense or the guy who's buddying? And yet your vote is where it is - on Org. Haven't even FoS'd me. Just defended yourself.

So you're well aware that you're buddying Org. Hell, you're even chainsaw defending him. Now why might that be? You make no effort to tell Org to shape up or anything! And I'd like to remind you that all you've said about Org is that he's spouting nulltells. So I see no reason you should be defending him except that you're scum.

Unvote, vote SirBayer
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2011, 05:34:15 pm »

Sir Bayer, in case you missed it, I opened voting on you, but moved it over to Org for his playing like a bad imitation of himself. You didn't seem to warrant it, but you seem to be trying to draw votes onto you, to take the pressure off Org.

How do you know what Org plays like?

And what does that have to do with anything? I really don't much care about your vote on me, I'm interested in the vote on Org.

Because clearly random voting Org is a policy lynch on him. Hell, I never said policy lynch at all.

SirBayer, why are you defending Org's... Orgness?

Because we call it Orgness. It's like saying Pandarsenic making puns is a scumtell. Yeah, it's annoying. Yeah, it's not helpful. But it doesn't actually mean much, in context.

I'll grant that the only way to catch scum-Org is a policy lynch, but I won't stand behind this right now. It's a bad idea and it won't end well. I am fairly willing to put my bet on a useless town-Org.

(Of course having said that he'll be scum.)

So wait, you see Org doing what you call nulltells, so you assume he's town? That makes no sense at all. You're also not willing to scumhunt him to figure this out. You're also passive about it.

I find it scummy that you both vote Org with a three-minute interval.

But yeah.

Well, yeah. When people jump on the same guy like that, with basically the exact same reasoning, it's often called a bandwagon. Which is scummy.

Not really. Bandwagoning is about voting without any reasoning at all OR trying to ride on someone else's reasoning. But lemme put it this way. What Org is doing is so unnacceptable that people voting him should be a given. Sure, some people are being a touch lazy about the reasoning and you're more than welcome to question them about it. Of course, I notice you've neglected to scumhunt everyone who's wagoned and are only going after one guy. This is a very odd time to tunnel considering you've got a myriad of targets.

Okay, let's look at why that makes no sense.

When's the last time you've legitimately seen a bandwagon without reasoning? Without any reasoning at all? That never happens, because it's stupid and obvious. No, you use someone else's reasoning. Like Zrk2 did. That's why I voted him.

As for refusing to target other people, nothing else stood out to me. What else can I say?

Quote from: Mr.Person

So you're well aware that you're buddying Org. Hell, you're even chainsaw defending him. Now why might that be? You make no effort to tell Org to shape up or anything! And I'd like to remind you that all you've said about Org is that he's spouting nulltells. So I see no reason you should be defending him except that you're scum.

Unvote, vote SirBayer

I can't even remember what a chainsaw defense is. I guess... attacking somebody to protect them?

Why would I tell Org to shape up? We've been doing that for years now and it doesn't make a difference.

And if he's spouting nulltells, but there's about to be a lynch on him, why in the name of all that is good and holy would I let that go through? Do you want us to waste our first day lynch? If he's town, and I think he is, that's two townies in the first night. If we don't have any real tells on him, why would I just leave it alone?

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART  V

Also I'm not exactly sure why you're reacting when I never accused you. Jumpy, a bit? Your random vote is all fine and good. But you certainly seem to feel like you've done something wrong, or at least like I'm accusing you of such a thing. Now review that post. Did I ever say anything about you or your vote, yet again? The answer's no.

So, Mr. Person, what's your deal?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 74