Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 174487 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 2, 13/15, 1 replace?
« Reply #360 on: March 17, 2011, 02:59:46 am »

You've explained your reasons for voting Book/myself and I don't find them very compelling or even justified. You're not doing a good job explaining why fishing for information from the confirmed jester who's making suggestions that he knows something is a bad thing at all. Is it? Why? That's all Book/myself was doing.

Since you haven't come up with a satisfactory answer to that question, you're instead quoting from the scumhunting bible to try and build a case there, by suggesting that Book/I is/am being passive, and OMGUSing, and other mafia jargon, without really meaning it or it being applicable.

Basically, you don't have a case.

I have a question for everyone. Is anybody a zombie?

I know I am.

And I know Org is.

And I've got a feeling that the conditional for today has something to do with that.

One thing: What's an MC?

Mass claim.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 17, 2011, 03:28:30 am »

So you don't see how scumhunting a jester can generate WIFOM?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2011, 03:30:53 am »

You've explained your reasons for voting Book/myself and I don't find them very compelling or even justified. You're not doing a good job explaining why fishing for information from the confirmed jester who's making suggestions that he knows something is a bad thing at all. Is it? Why? That's all Book/myself was doing.

Since you haven't come up with a satisfactory answer to that question, you're instead quoting from the scumhunting bible to try and build a case there, by suggesting that Book/I is/am being passive, and OMGUSing, and other mafia jargon, without really meaning it or it being applicable.

Basically, you don't have a case.

I know I am.

And I know Org is.

And I've got a feeling that the conditional for today has something to do with that.

One thing: What's an MC?

Mass claim.

Is zombie cult? And why are you telling us?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 17, 2011, 03:41:43 am »

I know I am.

And I know Org is.

Uh...

That's interesting. I'm now a little concerned about how this might interact with "Xanatos Goals" though.

Jim, any more information you can share would be appreciated.

I'm tempted to FoS one of Org or Jim, since Leafsnail suggested blue text might be involved, and the conditional is indeed blue'd. I'm... concerned about what might happen, however.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 17, 2011, 03:44:03 am »

Nice passiveness, IronyOwl. FoS Jim Groovester.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2011, 03:48:28 am »

Is zombie cult? And why are you telling us?

No, as far as I know. My alignment's the same. Just my role is completely disabled.

I mentioned it because I want to know if there's anything anybody knows about it. I also wanted to see how widespread it was, because if it's fairly widespread then there will be several players interested in reversing it somehow.

Jim, any more information you can share would be appreciated.

Eh, I've already said about as much as I know.

I was targeted sometime during the day yesterday. I was stabbed and turned into a zombie. The way Org talks it's obvious he's a zombie too.

So you don't see how scumhunting a jester can generate WIFOM?

You act like that was Book's intent.

Of course everything that comes out from Org's mouth is going to be WIFOM, but there might be useful information in what he has to say regardless.

Shame on Book/me for trying to get it out. Especially since I've got stake in what Org might have to say.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2011, 03:58:38 am »

That's the exact problem. You're generating WIFOM. Intentionally. And knowingly. That's not even getting into the fact Org doesn't know shit and is just leading you on to get you to vote him. Also, even if he did know something, he'd have no real reason to say anything about it. He'd have to trust the town while we have no reason to go through with a lynch on him. None whatsoever.

So tell me, how is this information on what the law is more important than finding scum? Because it certainly seems to be more important to you and was definitely more important to Book.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 17, 2011, 04:25:19 am »

Dear God, you act like sharing information is a bad thing.

And apparently I'm not scumhunting even though I've given you reasons for why you're scum. I find that pretty strange.

You're just grasping at anything you can, Mr.Person.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 17, 2011, 05:11:22 am »

You're not hunting, you're just shitting here saying I'm scum. Where have you scumhunted? Ever? You've defended yourself from me and decided I was scum. Have you given a reasoning for why my reasoning is bad? Nope. Have you looked at anybody else? Nope. This was the same shit Book did, which makes me think you have a similar reason for wanting to know about the laws and don't care much about who's scum.

You're trying to acquire dubious information at the expense of scumhunting to get accurate, always useful information. The law we have here doesn't matter. Let me repeat that, it does't matter. Because no matter what, optimal play here is to scumhunt for and lynch scum. So why are you choosing to spend so much time learning about the law and not spending any time scumhunting?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 17, 2011, 06:10:25 am »

Uh, what? Jim, I have to go with person here. You OMGUS him and still want to kill Org after he got confirmed as a Jester by using WIFOM. Whether he's a zombie or not doesn't change anything about his alignment, if what you said is true. And you have no proof that his alignment might have changed.

How did you find out he's a zombie anyway?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 17, 2011, 09:59:27 am »

Err... you're SITTING here saying I'm scum. That's a bad typo.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 17, 2011, 10:54:35 am »

Er. Org. Woll you tell us what you know if we put you at L-2?

Also, bluing as experiment.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 17, 2011, 12:43:58 pm »

Mr. Person and Jim Groovester have been tunneling each other. Do either of you have any thoughts on anyone else?

Everyone else, I put together my thoughts on the day and asked for yours, but we seem to be a little low on replies.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 17, 2011, 01:29:37 pm »

Uh, what? Jim, I have to go with person here. You OMGUS him and still want to kill Org after he got confirmed as a Jester by using WIFOM. Whether he's a zombie or not doesn't change anything about his alignment, if what you said is true. And you have no proof that his alignment might have changed.

When did I say I wanted to lynch him? That's a terrible idea.

That was Book. Get your facts straight.

How did you find out he's a zombie anyway?

I would love to.
However I no longer gave that power.
Brains are delicious.

It's almost like he's describing exactly what I said happened to me.

Do either of you have any thoughts on anyone else?

Yes. You are scum. I already said as much when I posted after my readthrough of the thread.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 17, 2011, 01:38:54 pm »

Oh, you mean this:

Jim Groovester: Once you've read the thread, mind answering a few questions:
*Who do you suspect?
1) I suspect Zrk2 and Mr.Person. Zrk2 for voting for SirBayer for crappy reason. I just read through the whole thread right now so I can't give you any specifics, but overall, it came off as very scummy to me. Mr.Person for the same thing, and for jumping on Book/myself for talking with Org. I figure he doesn't have anything else to go off of so he's jumping on the easiest target.

Please explain in more depth why voting someone because they are trying to defend someone only saying 'herp a derp' is 'a crappy reason'.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 74