Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 177704 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 2, 13/15, 1 replace?
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2011, 04:56:42 pm »

Oh >_>

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 17, 2011, 05:25:34 pm »

Read.  Got some opinions:

*Org's Lich Claim: ...Right...
*Org's Everything Else Claims: ...Right...
*Complaints about Investigations of Laws: And why shouldn't we try to figure out what the day's laws are?  Laws matter.  They can change what our preferred behaviour is.  Make us more or less cautious when voting.  They can mess up scumhunting.
*Investigation of Jester's Claims: Why shouldn't we question the jester when he claims to know something?  Look at this.  We gained useful information about zombies, if what Jim claims is true.
*Book's Jester Confirmation Contradiction: This, I have to say I really don't like.  At all.  It doesn't make me feel very much into trusting Jimbook.

2) I do know why he did that, yes.
Jim Groovester: Please explain.

Spoilspecs: Tonight, mind checking the powers of either Org or Jim tonight?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2011, 05:34:07 pm »

Zrk2: You had no real reason to think Bayer was scum, you just seemed to hop on the "Herp derp, he's "defending" Org" wagon. The way I saw it, he was simply stating his distaste for an Org policy lynch. With good reason (I suppose), it never works out. Why did you vote him?

I thought he was scum because he was defending Org acting in a truly atrocious fashion, so I thought he was trying to protect his scumbuddy from being lynched.

Jim: Here are some quotes of you and Mr. Person doing nothing but picking at each other.

Jim contributes a little while posting, but Mr. Person just tries to get him to shut up the whole time.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 17, 2011, 05:38:44 pm »

I did. The zombie thing is the whole reason why Book bothered talking to Org at all, and I've said everything I know about it.

I'm making assumptions here, of course, since I don't know for certain that that's the reason Book had. But I can only answer so much.

*Book's Jester Confirmation Contradiction: This, I have to say I really don't like.  At all.  It doesn't make me feel very much into trusting Jimbook.

You mean the contradiction lordnincompoop pointed out here?

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck Book was doing. Org's pretty much a confirmed jester, and Mr.Person saying that is no reason to call him scum.

Jim: Here are some quotes of you and Mr. Person doing nothing but picking at each other.

Yes, but am I exclusively focusing on Mr.Person?

No.

Ergo, I'm not tunneling, and you're just making shit up.

I still don't understand your suspicions at all. Why is Mr.Person now worthy of your vote?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 17, 2011, 05:48:03 pm »

I did. The zombie thing is the whole reason why Book bothered talking to Org at all, and I've said everything I know about it.

I'm making assumptions here, of course, since I don't know for certain that that's the reason Book had. But I can only answer so much.
Ah.  Acceptable.  Can't really expect you to be able to read your predecessor's mind.

You mean the contradiction lordnincompoop pointed out here?

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck Book was doing. Org's pretty much a confirmed jester, and Mr.Person saying that is no reason to call him scum.

Yep, that contradiction.  Response noted.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2011, 06:08:42 pm »

I still don't understand your suspicions at all. Why is Mr.Person now worthy of your vote?

Because he was trying to get you to stop presenting reasons, claiming they were WIFOM, usually, trying to present a case is looked upon with favour by town. He tries to get you to stop posting, claiming WIFOM, but never providing specific examples.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

No. I'm voting Person because it appears he's jumped on Book without much of a case on him. I don't think I saw the contradiction mentioned anywhere.
Didn't Mr.Person stress confirmed?  Like, in capitals?  The word which Book used to describe Org's jestership status?

If you're annoyed that he didn't explain why voting the confirmed jester was scummy... well, you didn't really explain why him voting Book was scummy either.  "Not much of a case" is a very vague accusation.

Well of course I know the fantasy definition, but I want to know what it is in the context of a mafia game. This isn't the first time I've heard of it.
On #mafia:
Lich (sk; super-rare; 7+ players): You can kill a player each night. If you are killed, your soul will transfer to BUDDY1, and they will become a lich in your place. However, if they are already dead, your soul will be lost. Actions: kill
It's a ridiculously overpowered and swingy role.

...This appears to be a complete non sequiter.  You just quote lots of arguing and point at one of the participants apparently at random (on an accusation related to tunneling... which isn't a scumtell?).

Yes, but am I exclusively focusing on Mr.Person?

No.

Ergo, I'm not tunneling, and you're just making shit up.

Why say this?  He specifically said later in the post that he thought you weren't tunneling.

Ottofar, you've been CONTINUING TO ACTIVE LURK HORRIBLY.  Give some goddamn content rather than posting just enough nonsense to stay off a lurker tracker prod list.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2011, 06:53:48 pm »

Reminder: My mod-extend does not prevent manual player extensions. Since 2 players claim they're gone until Monday, I don't see any problem with extending further if you all feel it's necessary.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2011, 07:44:33 pm »

HEE HEE HEE.
Derp.
Org.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Why say this?  He specifically said later in the post that he thought you weren't tunneling.

Did he?

He said I contributed (a little, pffft). He didn't say I wasn't tunneling.

Well of course I know the fantasy definition, but I want to know what it is in the context of a mafia game. This isn't the first time I've heard of it.
On #mafia:
Lich (sk; super-rare; 7+ players): You can kill a player each night. If you are killed, your soul will transfer to BUDDY1, and they will become a lich in your place. However, if they are already dead, your soul will be lost. Actions: kill
It's a ridiculously overpowered and swingy role.

Yeah, okay. Org's bluffing about that too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2011, 08:21:56 pm »

It isnt that role anyway.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

...This appears to be a complete non sequiter.  You just quote lots of arguing and point at one of the participants apparently at random (on an accusation related to tunneling... which isn't a scumtell?).

Actually, that was the entirety of their posts over two pages.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 17, 2011, 10:46:45 pm »

Well, that's a lot to take in. For now, let me clarify something. Somebody brought up that I don't want Jim to talk or something like that. That's actually quite true. I want him unable to talk due to being dead. I want everybody else to lynch him. What exactly is scummy about that? I'm really starting to get confused here.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 17, 2011, 11:59:22 pm »

From my recollection your only reason for not wanting him to talk was because of something about WIFOM, but nothing else. A bit of WIFOM is bad, but not worth lynching, unless you have something else to go with it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2011, 12:31:20 am »

Well, that's a lot to take in. For now, let me clarify something. Somebody brought up that I don't want Jim to talk or something like that. That's actually quite true. I want him unable to talk due to being dead. I want everybody else to lynch him. What exactly is scummy about that? I'm really starting to get confused here.
I think they were referring to not wanting him to try to get info from Org for any reason.

Speaking of which, could you restate your case on Jimbook? As far as I can recall, it's that he was trying to get Org, a confirmed jester, lynched, and that he was trying to get information out of him. Is that true?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 74