Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 177699 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 2, 13/15, 1 replace?
« Reply #405 on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:22 am »

It has more to do with focusing on Org (lynching or information gathering) at the expense of scumhunting.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 18, 2011, 02:01:35 am »

It has more to do with focusing on Org (lynching or information gathering) at the expense of scumhunting.

Mmm... unvote

(As in I may unvote should I see anything else scummy. Did it come across that way, or does it look like I have no clue what I'm doing?)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 18, 2011, 02:06:54 am »

What are you doing there? Are you actually unvoting or are you just retracting an FoS?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 18, 2011, 02:45:17 am »

When I FoS'd Jim, that was purely to test the law. Jim hadn't done anything I wasn't already talking about. If he had, I would of, you know, talked about it.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

@lordnincompoop and Jim Groovester: My reasoning for voting Book was that he scumhunted a confirmed jester. Now, even he admitted that Org was a jester at the time. He also said he'd be happy to lynch the jester. All of this just screams that he doesn't want to scumhunt. That's a major scumtell right there.

If you mean investigation, I don't see how that's harmful in any way. He was investigating his role and discussing game mechanics, and I think that is quite an important aspect here.

This is a weak reason, and if that's all you have then it's a weak case as well.

Furthermore, Book did no actual scumhunting beyond talking with Org. That further implies he doesn't want to scumhunt. He only attacked me after I attacked him. I won't say OMGUS, but it was very reactive and passive. We all know passiveness is the way of the scum.

Reactive AND passive? What?

And you know damn well good scumplay isn't passiveness. It's suspicious, sure, but I'd say bad attacks are even more so.

If you still think my argument is crap, I'd at least appreciate it if you said WHY you think it's crap instead of just going "oh, he's scum because his argument is bad" and walking off. Thank you.

I'm doing so right now.

Yes, we really are best off ignoring him. Everything he says is WIFOM.

Now you're going around making all these predictions and assumptions. Do you really think we're dumb enough not to notice that stuff?

Nothing's preventing him from being productive (besides his role), and we shouldn't condemn him just because of his meta.

What we know is that Bayer received an alignment PM from Org that said Org was a jester. We also know Org has an ability to reveal his alignment to another player. We also know Org hasn't fought to defend himself at all. If you put all this together, Org's a confirmed jester. I can't even believe I had to explain this to you. But feel free to explain how Org is not a jester. He's bargaining to get himself lynched for fuck's sake, what more evidence do you want?

I never said Org was not a Jester. But there's a definite possibility he might become something else, or that there's a hidden mechanic in play. You're being oblique.

Again, if you have reason to suspect Org is converted, bring it forth. Like if a scum who sacs to convert dies or we kill a cult member or something like that, then yes, Org will be suspect #1. But until then, stick with the evidence we have in front of us that says Org is a jester, 100%.

That does not mean we should simply ignore him, or stop questioning him.

You're not hunting, you're just shitting here saying I'm scum. Where have you scumhunted? Ever? You've defended yourself from me and decided I was scum.

Have you done any scumhunting, for that matter? This piece here could just as easily apply to you. You're being too narrow.

Have you looked at anybody else? Nope.

Don't think you have, either. Start investigating other people; you're losing focus.

This was the same shit Book did, which makes me think you have a similar reason for wanting to know about the laws and don't care much about who's scum.

I don't think you do, either. You're not investigating anyone else, and your case is weak.

You're trying to acquire dubious information at the expense of scumhunting to get accurate, always useful information.

This is contradictory. In the same sentence, you say he's trying to get both unreliable and reliable information. Pick one.

Jim: Here are some quotes of you and Mr. Person doing nothing but picking at each other.

[HUEGSPOILER]

I don't see how this is relevant.

Didn't Mr.Person stress confirmed?  Like, in capitals?  The word which Book used to describe Org's jestership status?

Stress confirmed?
Elaborate.

If you're annoyed that he didn't explain why voting the confirmed jester was scummy... well, you didn't really explain why him voting Book was scummy either.  "Not much of a case" is a very vague accusation.

I'm pointing it out now, and if you look at my previous posts I'm pretty sure I did so there too.

Lich (sk; super-rare; 7+ players): You can kill a player each night. If you are killed, your soul will transfer to BUDDY1, and they will become a lich in your place. However, if they are already dead, your soul will be lost. Actions: kill
It's a ridiculously overpowered and swingy role.

Probs not in, then.

Why say this?  He specifically said later in the post that he thought you weren't tunneling.

What?

Mr. Person and Jim Groovester have been tunneling each other.

Tunnelling is quite clearly mentioned, as you can see.

If you mean Mr.Person, then you're thinking of the wrong person, and I don't see that mention anywhere in his posts.

Darvi, are you going to scumhunt/be useful or what?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 18, 2011, 02:11:49 pm »

What are you doing there? Are you actually unvoting or are you just retracting an FoS?

It is to an unvote as a FoS is to a vote. I mean I may unvote should I see anything more scummy, or he acts more townie, as he has provided answers, but I'm not willing to let it go quite that easily.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 18, 2011, 05:17:59 pm »

Then why aren't you trying to scumhunt to find that reason, Zrk2? A fake-unvote accomplishes nothing.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2011, 05:54:58 pm »

Hm. I'll contribute tomorrow or something.
Ottofar's only contribution after this was to ask Org one question and blue him.  His contributions before this have generally been minimal.

I want to hear something from him.  Anything.  That is, anything useful.

Ottofar: What do you think of Mr. Person and Jimbook Groovethras, and their arguments against each other?  How about the zombie thing?  Give your reasons for both, please.

IronyOwl: You haven't said too much today.  What do you think is the best way to deal with Jim's zombie claim?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2011, 06:22:40 pm »

IronyOwl: You haven't said too much today.  What do you think is the best way to deal with Jim's zombie claim?
Keep trying to reread, but can't quite get anything out of it. The Person-Jim incident is similarly opaque; I don't get the feeling Person is scum, but his insistence that Book/Jim is for trying to get something out of Org doesn't seem reasonable.

As for Jim's claim, I'm not too sure. The fact that he was willing to mention it seems townlike, though the fact that he thinks Org is as well might have meant otherwise. In any case, I'd like to lynch a zombie to find out what happens, but I don't want to punish Jim for giving us info, or reward Org for... well, I'd like to give Org the finger.

Anyway, another thought occurred to me: Conditionals are IF-THEN statements, which would seem to imply that either the zombie thing is a result of Xanatos Goals, or that the zombie thing happened in response to something today.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »

Haha, I derped.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2011, 06:35:13 pm »

Anyway, another thought occurred to me: Conditionals are IF-THEN statements, which would seem to imply that either the zombie thing is a result of Xanatos Goals, or that the zombie thing happened in response to something today.

Can't be the latter, if Jim's telling the truth:

I was targeted sometime during the day yesterday. I was stabbed and turned into a zombie. The way Org talks it's obvious he's a zombie too.

PPE: ...*sighs*
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2011, 06:38:53 pm »

I'll offer to be a test subject, but not for votes, since I'm guessing lynching me is going to do just that. I'm guessing that the conditional has something to do with FoSes, so I think everybody should FoS me in the interests of science. It might end up killing me or it might end up removing my zombie status. I'm hoping the later, but either way everybody gets more information.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2011, 06:43:32 pm »

I read through the last four pages, Ottofar has roughly 0 posts. Why the lurking? I believe those posts cover at least two days.

Unvote, vote Ottofar.

Mod, I think Ottofar may need a prod.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 18, 2011, 06:44:17 pm »

I'm not so sure. Nothing happened when I FoS'd you. Wait, are you still a zombie now or was that just for yesterday?

FoS Org, by the way.

Can we get a lurkertracker? We're getting very little conversation going and it's starting to worry me a lot.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2011, 06:48:49 pm »

Oh, mod, on looking at his profile, Ottofar posted last yesterday. A prod probably isn't needed. He has posted in several threads (even in this subforum) today, yet has not said anything here.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 74