Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 174498 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 2, 13/15, 1 replace?
« Reply #570 on: March 22, 2011, 10:36:07 pm »

I have no idea what point you were trying to make.

His list of scum targets and mine coincide on a lot of points, which is why I said I agree with most of everything he said. Did you think I was talking about the way he made his accusations? That's pretty much what you quoted in your post.
You said you agreed with most everything he said, so I wanted to know why you agreed with his passive pointing at the bandwagon, his insistence there was nothing else he could do about it, his passiveness with Person, his assertion that nobody on the wagon was scummy, his claim that his passive declaration about the wagon served its purpose, his claim that I copied Person's attack, and his insistence that there's not a single reason for anyone to be voting him.

In retrospect, I probably should have just asked it like that in the first place, though "nothing much to see here," "Meh," and "Dunno didn't read the context" were certainly interesting.

Could you answer my far more eloquent list now?

Irony: I don't see how those quotes indicate that I am claiming my 'walls of text' are worthless, please elaborate.
You included them in your first pass, then left them out of subsequent posts and didn't bother to explain them. That seems to indicate that you admit they were worthless in the first place, since you didn't bother to use them again or explain why they weren't useless.

As to dealing with Ottofar, I noted that he was lurking, then he provided a series of short posts, each of which revealed something new, and I reacted each time because I had plenty of time on my hands that day. Had I been more busy I would have only had one or two posts in reaction to this, but all the revelations left my reacting quickly without fully considering implications.
That's something at least, but why exactly did you have plenty of time to post but not any to think about it at all? I mean, you considered The Plan good enough to comment on, but didn't think it good enough to not lynch the guy we needed not-lynched for it to work. Why?

I suggest people look through the thread and pay attention to Mr. Person, does he usually play in this manner as town? It is a very distinctive style.
Distinctive how? I've played with him before, and haven't noticed anything radically out of the ordinary this game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 22, 2011, 10:56:16 pm »

Could you answer my far more eloquent list now?

Okay, fine.

In retrospect, I probably should have just asked it like that in the first place, though "nothing much to see here," "Meh," and "Dunno didn't read the context" were certainly interesting.

I've already said this is completely pointless. You shouldn't read too much into me being passive aggressive.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 22, 2011, 11:02:12 pm »

Despite actually putting some effort into it I don't think I actually answered any of your questions.

I think you're trying to make too much of an issue about me saying I agree with him on everything. There are a lot of things about Jokerman-EXE I don't really give a flying rat's ass about.

I think he's been doing fine and I think his suspicions are fine too. What more do you want from me?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 23, 2011, 12:44:50 am »

I don't think "I agree with him" is really the same as "This doesn't seem unusual for him," which seems to be what you're trying to say you meant. If that is the case, though, what's Zrk2 doing that isn't par the course for him?

I don't know what you're getting at. If he 1) worries about the apparent wagon forming on Zrk2 and 2) doesn't think the people on it are very scummy, what else is he supposed to do? I think saying that he's watching it is a perfectly acceptable course of action.
This is particularly bizarre, also. I'm having trouble figuring out what it could possibly accomplish to let everyone know that the non-scummy bandwagon is being watched for scumminess. Wouldn't, you know, anything have been a better course of action? Staying quiet to let scum hop on, scumhunting those on it to make sure, maybe even just asking someone else what they thought of it? I just don't see how this is the action of a townie trying to do anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 23, 2011, 12:58:29 am »

I don't think "I agree with him" is really the same as "This doesn't seem unusual for him," which seems to be what you're trying to say you meant. If that is the case, though, what's Zrk2 doing that isn't par the course for him?

I haven't played enough with Zrk2 to know that.

I don't know what you're getting at. If he 1) worries about the apparent wagon forming on Zrk2 and 2) doesn't think the people on it are very scummy, what else is he supposed to do? I think saying that he's watching it is a perfectly acceptable course of action.
This is particularly bizarre, also. I'm having trouble figuring out what it could possibly accomplish to let everyone know that the non-scummy bandwagon is being watched for scumminess. Wouldn't, you know, anything have been a better course of action? Staying quiet to let scum hop on, scumhunting those on it to make sure, maybe even just asking someone else what they thought of it? I just don't see how this is the action of a townie trying to do anything.

Maybe he could've done something more and done things better.

Is he scum because he didn't? No.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 23, 2011, 03:21:36 pm »

One or two sentences was all that was required.

What part of I changed my vote to avoid a no-lynch is mysterious to you?

Only that you essentially hold the power of life and death with that vote as the end of the day draws near, and so providing a good explanation would likely be a good idea, once again the casual move of the vote suggests a lack of concern over where your vote is.

I suggest people look through the thread and pay attention to Mr. Person, does he usually play in this manner as town? It is a very distinctive style.
Distinctive how? I've played with him before, and haven't noticed anything radically out of the ordinary this game.

I know this is a bad way to describe it but aggressive, more in the sense that he is rude and tries to use force to cow others into not pursuing their lines of reasoning.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 23, 2011, 03:23:28 pm »

Okay, cool. You're just pretty much ignoring everything I've said.

And you wonder why people suspect you. Or maybe you don't. It doesn't really matter.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 23, 2011, 03:25:10 pm »

I heard you, you want to avoid a nolynch, good. All I'm saying is a few specific examples would be good for backing up your choice.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 23, 2011, 03:48:43 pm »

Go read the fucking thread. When you get to my posts when I explain why I suspect you and Mr.Person maybe you'll pay attention, and then you'll realize that I didn't need to explain my vote when I changed it to avoid a no lynch since I already explained my suspicions beforehand.

Get back to me when you don't have your head stuck up your ass.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 23, 2011, 04:50:52 pm »

Hmm, I thought I posted some stuff here yesterday. Ah, well.

Boy, it sure is quick-wagon-and-switch in here...

And you're accomplishing nothing by saying this.

I think that this new twist puts you on my radar, but I'd rather see what everyone else thinks of your attendance.

Passive (bluh limited vocabulary) and unopinionated. Either you think one way or another. You're waiting for people to respond so you know what you're allowed to say, which is suspicious.

Since it seems to have come up, how about you guys tell me what my meta is, I'd like to know as I'm not self-aware enough to pick it up myself.

"Can you guys tell me how I tend to slip up so I can avoid getting caught this game?"

Dude, are you fucking retarded? I am voting for him, and have been for several posts. How about you read the thread?

And yes, I suppose that's what that is. Now tell me, what exactly is suspicious about asking someone to explain why they're voting you? In fact, why are you voting for me? You come out of nowhere to unvote while claiming that you don't really support his plan so that you can throw a vote on me, with absolutely no reasoning at all, in what seems like an afterthought? No, fuck that noise. Unvote Mr.Person, vote Darvi. Mr.P, you're still near the top of my list, but holy shit does this guy take the cake.

Votecount would be nice too.

Why so angry?

You've no organised train of thought here, and no proper arguments for the vote. Right now, it looks like an OMGUS, and your reasoning (if you can even call it that) is only loosely affiliated with town motives. What makes it even more jarring is that just a post or two up you're displaying a very passive attitude.

Jokerman, what the hell are you doing here?

1. If scum were involved in the bandwagon, then I didn't want them to think it was unnoticed. If they weren't, I didn't want them thinking they could slip in on it. If it was only town and they didn't realize, then I wanted to point it out. I still don't see how that's actually scummy at all, so if you could explain that I would be grateful.

And a snarky comment was all you could come up with?

If you notice something, you push on it and talk about it. That was inadequate.

3. So you're going to say that I'm still being passive and not scumhunting, despite the fact that I've leveled accusations against my list of suspicions while others (Darvi) have simply voted me without reasons? Because I'm pretty sure that's being hypocritical. I also explained why the attacks on me were bullshit, and saying "Oh you were freaking out" is retarded because I've explained multiple times why their votes were bullshit and cause for alarm.

A post and you jumped on them with frightening speed. I think that counts as a jump.

You're alternating between jumpy and passive, as I said. It's very suspicious.

Jim, why are you throwing your vote around with only the weakest of pretexts, this carelessness with your vote says that you do not care about it, indicating that you are scum.

Read the friggin thread. You're coming up with the worst of reasons to be suspicious of someone.

That doesn't mean anything, I'm just not looking for scum that hard anymore.

Oh yeah? then what the hell have you been doing for the game, scumface?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 23, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »

I swear, Zrk2's responses rarely have anything to do with what he's replying to.  I'm not sure what use it is talking to scum who either ignores or willfully misinterprets all points made to him.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »

I derped.
Anyway, herp herp herp derp derp derp.
Lynch me guys I am so cool and cult yay,

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 23, 2011, 08:49:08 pm »

Obvious jester is obvious herp a derp

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 23, 2011, 08:49:44 pm »

Obvious scum is obvious herp a derp
Obv scumbud is obv derp a herp

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 23, 2011, 08:52:48 pm »

Zrk2, please just ignore Org.

Thank you.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 74