Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 176720 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Night 5, 5/11, Mad Derps
« Reply #1050 on: July 14, 2011, 10:45:00 am »

Nah, reveal Mr. Person. Just because.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 5, 5/11, SO MUCH HATE
« Reply #1051 on: July 19, 2011, 10:27:10 pm »

8 minutes to go. Day WILL be processing at Midnight Pacific.

It will?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 19, 2011, 10:28:24 pm »

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 19, 2011, 11:26:24 pm »

Game's pretty much over anyhow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 19, 2011, 11:31:45 pm »

So?  I wanna see it finish :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 20, 2011, 03:21:45 am »

The sheer amount of derp has reached levels where I'm not sure what to do. I really want to declare it over and just say "Nobody wins," but that's not fair to the people who SHOULD have won / to the people who would otherwise win. It also doesn't account for that a good/bad law could drag this out for 29785937 more years. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 20, 2011, 03:31:51 am »

I really want to declare it over and just say "Nobody wins," but that's not fair to the people who SHOULD have won / to the people who would otherwise win.
Perhaps this is partially bitterness because I already lost like a bitch, but I kind of get the feeling nobody has won/everyone has lost anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:38 am »

The sheer amount of derp has reached levels where I'm not sure what to do. I really want to declare it over and just say "Nobody wins," but that's not fair to the people who SHOULD have won / to the people who would otherwise win. It also doesn't account for that a good/bad law could drag this out for 29785937 more years. :I
Why don't you just POST it, so we have some sort of idea.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 20, 2011, 01:29:42 pm »

Game's pretty much over anyhow.

This.

Pand, either start the day or call the game. Doing nothing and letting the game sit around is the worst possible thing you can do right now. I don't care if you just admit this was too complex, but I'm going to be pissed off if this is too complex and you're being a shitty mod either due to shittiness or to try to save some face.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 20, 2011, 01:47:25 pm »

[dead] Just spit-and-duct-tape it together and spit it out.  There are what, three people alive?  There aren't that many permutations left. [/dead]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 20, 2011, 02:14:00 pm »

Wait, I have an idea. Since we can't settle on who's actually won the game, let's have a vote and decide who should lose the game and who shouldn't. Once a majority of players agree, we can 'lynch' the poor loser. To be fair, let's let the mafia decide to take out one other guy between votes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 20, 2011, 02:40:56 pm »

Just end it and list the problems.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 20, 2011, 07:37:30 pm »

I'd be willing to call it a draw. Or, and this is just an idea, we can use random.org to determine the big big loser.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 21, 2011, 04:43:25 am »

The game is over.

It ends in FAILURE. I'd also be willing to call it a Cult victory or a town victory.

Town: You lurked all the time, for FUCKING ever. Ottofar, what were you even DOING? That aside... ugh.
Mafia: You lurked all the time, and on the last Night, Native (after his partners were modkilled, taking away the possibility of the Most Undeserved Victory)... shot Webadict? Making another Chrysalid? After claiming Mafia the day before? You basically gave up any chance of winning with the claim. Native could MAYBE have deserved a win if he pulled it off then but it was basically impossible.
Cult: You were probably the most deserving of winning, as a group. Jack and Jim were consistently active and all that jazz.

Though my recordkeeping of PMs and such degenerates over time, I'll shortly be posting more in-depth details and my thoughts from throughout the game as well as the Google Document, with unused Laws, which I might want to reuse for future Sleeping Goddery, excised. For now, I need to do some stuff, get some food, shower, and get ready to sleep.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 21, 2011, 07:20:24 am »

The game is over.

It ends in FAILURE. I'd also be willing to call it a Cult victory or a town victory.

Town: You lurked all the time, for FUCKING ever. Ottofar, what were you even DOING? That aside... ugh.
Mafia: You lurked all the time, and on the last Night, Native (after his partners were modkilled, taking away the possibility of the Most Undeserved Victory)... shot Webadict? Making another Chrysalid? After claiming Mafia the day before? You basically gave up any chance of winning with the claim. Native could MAYBE have deserved a win if he pulled it off then but it was basically impossible.
Cult: You were probably the most deserving of winning, as a group. Jack and Jim were consistently active and all that jazz.

Though my recordkeeping of PMs and such degenerates over time, I'll shortly be posting more in-depth details and my thoughts from throughout the game as well as the Google Document, with unused Laws, which I might want to reuse for future Sleeping Goddery, excised. For now, I need to do some stuff, get some food, shower, and get ready to sleep.
So... I was a Chrasylid? I recruit MrPerson, we lynch Native, game over. Cult win.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74