Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So then I went to a thrift store  (Read 1905 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: So then I went to a thrift store
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »

To answer the OP: No, you have a solution.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 08:59:55 pm »

Get a dvorak keyboard.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »

Get a dvorak keyboard.

Enter flamewar.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 10:09:52 pm »

You can create a fairly complex cypher with four typewriters, if you link them together properly (Although I have little idea of how that's actually done.). Of course, this is only useful if you need to type messages in a cypher. But who doesn't love making secret messages for the hell of it?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 11:24:48 pm »

I don't see why not though, typewriters are in my opinion, better for writing as they do not distract me like a computer does, yet all I wish I could do is bring one in to the study hall which is supposed to remain quiet at all times, it would be filled with striking and dinging, a chorus of letters heralding the night's inevitable advance.
I must say, the quoted post is quite excellently written, I applaud you on its amazingness (which firefox says isn't a real word, but it is anyways).
If amazingness isn't a word then there's something wrong with common English. Anyway, in this dark day and age of digitalized data when even a book isn't written on paper anymore it is good to see that at least someone strifes to restore the typewriter to it's position of mechanical superiority.

Wha?

<Enters thread>

I've never actually used a typewriter other than playing with my grandparent's old one when I was a kid. I could definitely see the benifit of not getting distracted by other computery things though. Sure as sure. Although, my spelling is pretty poor at the best of times (but only with medium difficulty words, hard words I can spell right), so I'll end up sticking to my laptop.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 12:46:43 am »

What would donkeys create?

...Entire episodes of Jackass?

*Ducks*
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 [2]