Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Your guiltiest (gaming) pleasure  (Read 12739 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your guiltiest (gaming) pleasure
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2011, 01:33:38 am »

Oh yes, also Toontown by Disney. Many people find it quite childish but I like it xD
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2011, 07:37:19 am »

I play Guitar Hero, and wish for a Cello Hero or String Quartet...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2011, 08:17:41 am »

I think mine is Marvel Superheros.

When it was in the arcade, it was one of the only fighting games I ever became a master of. I was never the best at SF2, Darkstalkers, Time Killers, or any of the other fighting games really.

But me and Marvel Superheros clicked in a way that was magical. You KNOW you've gotten good when you give the arcade managers a run for their money, and even beat them. I used to go 4 and 5 people at a time just hanging out waiting for some competition. Spiderman was my goto character, I could start a 9 hit combo when coming into attack, launch the person and turn it into an air combo and finish it with a Infinity Attack they had almost no chance of blocking. On the order of 80% to 90% damage if it all hit.

So when it came out for the PS2....hehehehe.....I invited all my friends to play, and mopped the floor with everyone, to the point everyone refused to play me anymore. I still fire up Marvel Superheros when I just feel like beating the shit out of a difficult AI.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:37 am »

Probably Spore?  I really like the Space age and can get sucked into playing it the whole night by accident.  I can't think of anything else right now.

Sonic 2006.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Oh yes, also Toontown by Disney. Many people find it quite childish but I like it xD
Yeah yeah, this too.  If only ToonTown was free to play though.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2011, 02:32:21 pm »

League of Legends is probably mine. I prefer (and still play) DotA and HoN, but there's something to the grindy aspect of "one more level" "one more rune slot" "one more mastery point" "one more hero" that reminds me of an MMORPG; aspects, mind you, that I believe have little to no part in an arena-type game. Sometimes it is just fun to right click and have things die, regardless of skill, champion, etc.

Lacking a current MMORPG (at least until SWTOR comes out), I still play it, despite inferior graphics, client side scripting (with five minute load times, sometimes, the separate client for the game and the chat/hero pick/etc, and the fact that it's still coded in Adobe AIR) and generally lots of other bullshit surrounding the creators and their rivals.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2011, 10:17:47 pm »

Probably Spore?  I really like the Space age and can get sucked into playing it the whole night by accident.  I can't think of anything else right now.

Sonic 2006.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Yeah yeah, this too.  If only ToonTown was free to play though.
Yeah, I stopped after a couple months + 1 free month from a promo. Subscription-based games are just too expensive :-/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2011, 11:36:35 am »

Just about every game I really like. DF, Cyber Nations, Armageddon MUD.

Football Manager is the only pleasure that I'm not guilty about. And maybe Europa Universalis to an extent.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]