Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.20 Released  (Read 48897 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.20 Released
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2011, 05:32:39 pm »

Since I'm not seeing anything pertaining to "KILLS_AND_EATS_OTHER_CREATURES" yet, I'm gonna assume that SPECIFIC_FOOD: CREATURE is for VERMINHUNTER.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2011, 05:53:22 pm »

Whoever said they found grass in the caverns: afaik that is Working As Intended. It was the grass growing on mined out soil layers that was the bug.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2011, 05:57:31 pm »

Whoever said they found grass in the caverns: afaik that is Working As Intended. It was the grass growing on mined out soil layers that was the bug.
Not what they were referring to. The bug they were reporting was that sometimes the grass in caverns is literally just "grass" instead of cave moss / floor fungus. Caves having cavern flavored "grass" = intended. Caves having grass which is labeled as just straight plain "grass" = bug.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2011, 05:58:58 pm »

Not what they were referring to. The bug they were reporting was that sometimes the grass in caverns is literally just "grass" instead of cave moss / floor fungus. Caves having cavern flavored "grass" = intended. Caves having grass which is labeled as just straight plain "grass" = bug.

Yep.  Here's the tracker report.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2011, 06:00:57 pm »

This is probably a terribly obvious question, but will the bugfixes work if I put in a .19 save? My mason still seems to be turning all my fire clay into doors
Memento Mori

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2011, 06:02:45 pm »

I'll definitely need that save for that grass bug.  I've fixed the causes I'm aware of and generated several caverns without seeing it, so perhaps there's some weird edge case.

I've fixed the conversation crash.

Not sure what's up on linux/osx yet.  Once that's handled I'll put the release back up.  If you want to avoid conversations on Windows, you can download it by changing the 19 to a 20 on the old version links.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »

I'll definitely need that save for that grass bug.  I've fixed the causes I'm aware of and generated several caverns without seeing it, so perhaps there's some weird edge case.

I've fixed the conversation crash.

Not sure what's up on linux/osx yet.  Once that's handled I'll put the release back up.  If you want to avoid conversations on Windows, you can download it by changing the 19 to a 20 on the old version links.

Nirreln's save for the grass bug is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3908

Two crashing Fortress Mode saves have been posted on this report; one of them apparently crashes without digging, despite the report title.

This is probably a terribly obvious question, but will the bugfixes work if I put in a .19 save? My mason still seems to be turning all my fire clay into doors

It's actually kind of a complex question.  Generally, code fixes will work and raw fixes won't.  I think that one's a code fix, so it should go away.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »

AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE wasn't a VERMINHUNTER token, right? Why is it listed there (under "broken down "VERMINHUNTER" token")?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2011, 06:14:39 pm »

I'm going through a linux save now.

Cats had AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE to avoid trouble when they were running around hunting vermin.  I just swapped out the tag checks, so the behavior should be the same.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Maninblack144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2011, 06:18:29 pm »

It's actually kind of a complex question.  Generally, code fixes will work and raw fixes won't.  I think that one's a code fix, so it should go away.
Wouldn't you technically be able to copy the .20 raws over to a .19 savegame? When using vanilla, that is. Most of these fixes don't sound like they require a regen, but I might be wrong in that regard. Aside from the metal abundancy parameter, ofcourse.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2011, 06:25:23 pm »

Wouldn't you technically be able to copy the .20 raws over to a .19 savegame? When using vanilla, that is. Most of these fixes don't sound like they require a regen, but I might be wrong in that regard. Aside from the metal abundancy parameter, ofcourse.

Certain stuff can be copied over, but you have to be really careful about it.  If you copy them wholesale, you can get fun results ranging from alligator civilizations etc. (newly added creatures causing the creature IDs to get messed up) to say-goodbye-to-your-save crashes (different creature body parts).  It is officially Not Recommended.

Maninblack144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:27 pm »

In that case, I'll probably stick with .19 for a bit. Enjoying my current fort too much. Thanks for the reply, anyway.

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »

Maybe I'm just not seeing it or something, but I can't find the 31.20 download link on the download page.  I had to go to the wiki to find a link.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2011, 06:45:05 pm »

Maybe I'm just not seeing it or something, but I can't find the 31.20 download link on the download page.  I had to go to the wiki to find a link.

Toady took it down while he fixes a couple critical bugs:

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »

Toady you so awesome! Roomies waiting for the linux fix-he jelly that i'm playing .20.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8