Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: people going berserk upon migrant/new noble arrival  (Read 312 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
people going berserk upon migrant/new noble arrival
« on: October 04, 2006, 05:48:00 am »

I just got a bunch of new nobles and migrants and two of my guys went crazy right away. one went berserk and started attacking and the other went stark raving mad. I am _sure_ they were not in a fey mood or anything like that.

In this screen the migrants just arrived, only the first wave of however many are even on the map and these two guys immediately went crazy.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: people going berserk upon migrant/new noble arrival
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 11:24:00 am »

Maybe it's the fact the tax collector arrived. Though it does seem a little over the top for one of them to go into a murderous rage over it.

Then again, these are dwarves. Wouldn't you go berserk at the prospect of somebody taking away your hard earned gold?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:23:00 pm »

It looks like the ones going crazy are related to the new guildmasters you got -- maybe they tried to have complaint meetings immediately, failed to arrange the meeting and got smacked by the diplomacy insanity bug.  It'll probably go away when I figure out why visiting dignitaries go crazy when they can't meet with their targets.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

GrimmSweeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Tome of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 08:25:00 pm »

I've had two carpenters spontaneously go mad when their Guild Representative arrived. It's like they really didn't like that noble so much that their brittle minds snapped.

Fortunately it was either stark, raving madness or melancholy that did them in.