Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202364 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:34:18 pm »

For me, making elves a common dometic animal I could farm... that was great...

So add insult, I kept them all in wood fenced pastures, butchered and cooked them at wood workshops, put them in wood barrels and fed them to my woodcutters.

Then I realised due to some mess up they still arrived as traders and such (wtf? o_O) so I ended up TAMING the traders. Lul!

So what's it for you? Oh Armok, I'm gonna get some creepy answers now. :s
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 05:37:01 pm »

Hey, yet another excuse to bring this up.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:46:31 pm »

Er... ok...
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »

In 40d, I made turban-wearing, scimitar-wielding, bemasked Cactusmen to act as a desert civ. Despite having wooden weapons and having green blood, they were valiant fighters and excellent blowgunners. Think Shy Guys + Cactaur.

That said, when I tried to make a more "complex" version of them for 31.xx, things got... kooky. Honey for brains and vegetable matter for flesh had some horrible, horrible things happening to them.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 08:12:29 pm »

The flying whale that subsists on floating plankton in the atmosphere...and Barracunicorns.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 08:15:18 pm »

Bacon Trees.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 08:22:12 pm »

I didn't personally mod it, but someone who duplicated raws managed to embark as living trees that ate wagon meat.

That led me to the conclusion that duplicating raws is like feeding your computer LSD.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 08:32:58 pm »

Somehow turned the surface of hell, the adamantine veins, and obsidian into clay. Don't know how, don't know how I fixed it.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 11:51:27 pm »

Smurfs.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 11:53:29 pm »

Kobold fish, to try and steal all the crap I drop into oceans. I don't think they worked, unfortunately.

Also - Bone coins. I couldn't get them to be used as currency without making them a meltable metal, unfortunately.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 12:47:59 am »

Couldn't you sorta cheat and make a metal who's name was "bone" just to achieve the effect?  Add a reaction to take X bones and produce a bar of "bone", or just straight up produce "1000 'bone' coins."

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 03:06:30 am »

I have a mod that consists of walrus men that have pet rocks and vuvuzelas. Also, bearavens.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »

Couldn't you sorta cheat and make a metal who's name was "bone" just to achieve the effect?  Add a reaction to take X bones and produce a bar of "bone", or just straight up produce "1000 'bone' coins."

yes, but then they are meltable. They can be used to make other things after melting them down in a smelter. I really don't want that.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 05:03:17 pm »

Hmm, what if the metal evaporated at room temperature?  Would that make the coins melt as well?  Could you add a static temperature to the coins themselves, much like nether-caps have a specific temperature even though wood doesn't?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »

Hmm, what if the metal evaporated at room temperature?  Would that make the coins melt as well?

Yes, it would.

Could you add a static temperature to the coins themselves, much like nether-caps have a specific temperature even though wood doesn't?

Melting an object down has nothing to do with temperature. It's entirely determined by whether the mat is considered a metal or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 56