Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 201056 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 05:20:38 pm »

Not THAT!  If coins can have a specific temperature, then you could have a metal with a low melting point, and coins with a high one, so that your coins won't melt, but once given the Melt command, the bars would melt upon creation.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 05:40:22 pm »

...the coins are still made of the same material as the bars, so they'll both melt at the same time (or not, as the case may be). Regardless of that, the coins are always going to be metal (it's impossible to create them properly via reaction), so they'll always be meltable at the smelter.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 06:09:59 pm »

Back on-topic, I may or may not mod in the "Dwarven Ass-Clench".  It involves coal and it produces diamonds.
Yes, I went there.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 06:21:09 pm »

Back on-topic, I may or may not mod in the "Dwarven Ass-Clench".  It involves coal and it produces diamonds.
Yes, I went there.

Why coal? Why not just use a stick piece of wood? nevermind I think I answered my own question.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 12:32:43 pm »

Odd things that I have modded in:

• Mad Scientist's Laboratory custom building
  • Intelligent Vermin
  • Fire Extinguishers as a weapon (still ineffective against actual fire)
  • Ghostbusters themed language [SYMBOL: ] entry
  • H.P. Lovecraft/Cthulhu-mythos themed language [SYMBOL: ] entry
  • Spy movie themed language [SYMBOL: ] entry
  • Heavy-metal themed monsters such as Scumdogs of The Universe, and giant lake trolls
  • An ore that has a chance to yield any metal in the game
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 12:40:04 pm »

I have just recently modded a type of 'cow' that lays adamantine anvils, bars of coke, and rough gems, and can be milked for booze.  They also shoot webs and hunt vermin.  Still testing them, but that all seems to work.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 12:55:43 pm »

I am currently adding the [CAN_LEARN] tag to every living thing, and plan on adding the [TRAINABLE] tag to dwarfs. We will see how that turns out...
Soaplent green is goblins!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 12:57:51 pm »

I know exactly how that is going to turn out.

WAR BEES!

and

WAR KITTENS!

WITH AXES!!!1

... no seriously, that is going to happen.  You know it.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 02:17:57 pm »

I accidently created exploding jugulars while doing !!science!! with temperature. Skin set to boil at <10000 + exception made only for dwarves = wave of death.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 09:11:25 pm »

A few more experimental results:

Modding a creature to give booze when milked results in a bucket with booze in it.  This will never be transferred to a barrel.  Nor will dwarves drink from it, even when thirsty, but they will dump it on the floor when they need to empty the barrel to milk the creature for more booze.  It seems that alcohol in a bucket just doesn't work.  (It may be possible to cook the milked alcohol, however - I'll need to test this) ETA:  Nope, can't cook it either.  So far it seems milk is the only liquid you can usefully extract.

Modding a creature's muscle or skin to be shearable results in the creation of a mutilated corpse at the farmer's workshop (and no apparent harm to the creature!).  This mutilated corpse is useless and unbutcherable and gets dumped on a refuse stockpile.  I'll try and see what happens if you do this with shell instead.  ETA:  It works!  I was able to 'shear' a shell-cow's shell and use it to make shell crafts.

LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS does not require a creature to be female, and in fact does not seem to prevent normal breeding - creatures with LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS and FEMALE will give birth normally in addition to laying the unusual egg.  Likewise, a creature with LAYS_EGGS but not FEMALE will always lay infertile eggs.

If you give a creature multiple LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS lines, it will pick one at random each time it lays.  This enables you to make a creature that lays a random gem every season.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:29:52 pm by Sphalerite »
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »

Modding a creature's muscle or skin to be shearable results in the creation of a mutilated corpse at the farmer's workshop (and no apparent harm to the creature!).  This mutilated corpse is useless and unbutcherable and gets dumped on a refuse stockpile.
Science-tastic!
What happens if you make their bones shearable?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 10:27:31 pm »

Can the mutilated corpse be tanned? That would make sense.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 10:38:09 pm »

Can the mutilated corpse be tanned? That would make sense.
No.  The mutilated corpse is treated as if it was the mutilated corpse of a tame animal, and is untouchable.  I'm surprised that shearable shells worked.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 10:50:29 pm »

Exploding cats.

Not the "standard" exploding cats where you mod their body temperature to make them explode.  I gave them a tissue layer made out of gas (modeled somewhat after the Ironman gas tissue) that caused it to explode out of them in a cloud when they were injured.  The gas also carried a syndrome (inhalable) that caused nausea and lung rot. 

They made great siege traps.  Cage a kitten up outside your gates, wait for the siege, pull the lever.  All the goblins attack the kitten, which explodes, giving them all Kitten Rot.  Then watch the siege stumble around coughing up blood and vomiting.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 10:59:04 pm »

Here's the horrible, horrible creature I've been experimenting with.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56