Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202982 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2011, 12:46:10 am »

I have gem armor and weapons if you like.

YES PLEASE!

For starters, you have to give your gems properties. I started with:

Code: [Select]
        [MELTING_POINT:12000]
[BOILING_POINT:12500]
[SOLID_DENSITY:5000]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:4000]
[MOLAR_MASS:60000]
[MAX_EDGE:5000]

Copypasta that under all of the gems. Secondly, you need reactions.

Spoiler: Reactions (click to show/hide)

Third, add a workshop to make the reactions at. I use...
Spoiler: The Refractory! (click to show/hide)

No, the Refractory isn't pretty at this point, but it works. Don't forget to add the reactions to your entity file.

Happy hunting!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fulizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2011, 09:25:42 am »

Just tried to add a new race in, it had 10 legs, but ten for some reason had legs growing out of its two bodyparts, and bodyparts growing out of those bodyparts, and legs growing out of THOSE bodyparts!
the grand list of things that are missing from one of them is now fills three pages

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2011, 01:44:49 pm »

Just tried to add a new race in, it had 10 legs, but ten for some reason had legs growing out of its two bodyparts, and bodyparts growing out of those bodyparts, and legs growing out of THOSE bodyparts!
the grand list of things that are missing from one of them is now fills three pages
You have inspired me to make my first modded creature.
Wish me luck :D
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 06, 2011, 03:58:38 pm »

your creature RAWS were roundhouse kicked!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2011, 05:46:02 pm »

I added crunchberries as a surface crop.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2011, 06:03:13 pm »

Ok so far im working on a GAINT mutated scorpion with 11 tails each one with a different venom :D
But after some testing i found out that after losing 1 foot as its only injury the damn thing almost bled out.
I have yet to add in the varoius vemons but how do I stop it from bleeding out that fast?
Here are the raws including the stuff I changed/added.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Dont know what happened in the second set of raws but pretend that there like a standerd body_default set.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2011, 08:01:22 pm »

Ok so far im working on a GAINT mutated scorpion with 11 tails each one with a different venom :D
But after some testing i found out that after losing 1 foot as its only injury the damn thing almost bled out.
I have yet to add in the varoius vemons but how do I stop it from bleeding out that fast?
add
   [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:?:BY_CATEGORY:ALL]
      [TL_VASCULAR:??]
With ? being the tissue (MUSCLE,FAT,BONE,HEART,etc) and ?? being how much it should bleed (skin is 1, fat & bone are 3, muscle is 5, and the heart is 10).  Drop bone to 1 or 2 and muscle to 3 and it should bleed out slower from de-limbing. You can change several tissue properties this way, including pain and healing.

Behold my shapes!
Spoiler: Weird Shapes (click to show/hide)
While it is quite mild, the engravings you sometimes get from these are extremely odd. Renditions of renditions of a depiction of a dark tower littered my fort.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2011, 08:24:18 pm »

add
   [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:?:BY_CATEGORY:ALL]
      [TL_VASCULAR:??]
With ? being the tissue (MUSCLE,FAT,BONE,HEART,etc) and ?? being how much it should bleed (skin is 1, fat & bone are 3, muscle is 5, and the heart is 10).  Drop bone to 1 or 2 and muscle to 3 and it should bleed out slower from de-limbing. You can change several tissue properties this way, including pain and healing.
Alright ill give that a try but remember this thing only lost A FOOT and it lost like 90% of its blood, also this creature is chitinous so it doesent have bones or skin but I will try changing things a bit,(i remember addjusting the bleeding levels of a few things i think)
P.S. Next time try reading the raws :P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:25:56 pm by BeforeLifer »

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2011, 09:06:08 pm »

Well, i'm considering modding in the Bagger 288 but i'm not even sure where to begin on that.

As for something i've actually done, i once made it so you could train war fluffy wamblers.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

Graeldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 08, 2011, 12:30:35 am »

Ha this is much better then the way i did it.... i just made a reaction at a smelter that turned any gem into a metal called "Gem bars" the used them to make stuff.

EDIT: how rude I forgot to thank you so thank you maximum zero for saving me time, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

EDIT2: well maybe i spoke to soon, i cant seem to build the workshop i did everything you said but nothing more, is there anything you are supposed to do to make sure a mod "takes".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:18:15 am by Graeldragon »

Oh, the sea of ooze? It's a tourist attraction.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 08, 2011, 01:06:07 am »

Ha this is much better then the way i did it.... i just made a reaction at a smelter that turned any gem into a metal called "Gem bars" the used them to make stuff.

EDIT: how rude I forgot to thank you so thank you maximum zero for saving me time, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

The only reason I didn't go that route is because I thought it would be weird to make gem/bone/stone/whatever swords/axes/armor/whatever at a forge, but meh.

No need to thank me. Thank Shaostoul's Modding Guide on the wiki. I learned most of what I know from there. The rest were just lucky guesses. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 08, 2011, 10:23:46 am »

The stanged think I even modded in(And the only thing I modded in) Was a 11 tailed scorpion the 1/5 the size of a Dragon. And each tail had a different vemon in each tail :D
And the vemons are incredible potent, Narcolepic dwarves for a month anyone?
If anyone wants the raws let me know and ill post all 3 sets.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 08, 2011, 11:46:40 am »

I modded in tanuki. NSFW, includes japanese culture:

Awesome ideas I copied from this thread/forum:
-Adventurer can now shit bricks, worthless blocks of custom material.
-Milkable male dogs. Started adding it to other creatures, but when I reached pigs I realized the joke had gone way beyond good taste.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 08, 2011, 08:59:07 pm »

Thats... wells its just scary.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2011, 10:31:15 pm »

Trying to make custom adventure mode reactions in the reaction_other file. Don't know how to lay one out, however, and some require a log, others need a weapon to carve the wood, one needs thread. One also needs a rock sharpened previously. What do?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56