Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 201031 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 11:20:29 pm »

A few more experimental results:

Modding a creature to give booze when milked results in a bucket with booze in it.  This will never be transferred to a barrel.  Nor will dwarves drink from it, even when thirsty, but they will dump it on the floor when they need to empty the barrel to milk the creature for more booze.  It seems that alcohol in a bucket just doesn't work.  (It may be possible to cook the milked alcohol, however - I'll need to test this) ETA:  Nope, can't cook it either.  So far it seems milk is the only liquid you can usefully extract.

What if you mod in a custom reaction to transfer the booze from the bucket into a barrel?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 11:45:46 pm »

You'll get barrels of 1 booze each, instead of the regular 20.  Lots more barrels, but, it's possible I suppose.

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 11:48:03 pm »

H.P. Lovecraft/Cthulhu-mythos themed language [SYMBOL: ] entry

Huh, wish I'd thought of that. Mind posting it as a spoiler?

And come to think of it, this one sounds interesting too:

An ore that has a chance to yield any metal in the game

Given the excellent idea I can see how to implement that in the raws, but since you've already done it I'd love to be lazy and borrow your code.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:52:59 pm by Anathema »
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 05:49:36 am »

Ogre Thieves with Cave-Swallow-Man-soap cloaks! And something even weirder: every attack agaisnt them would destroy the brain/tendon/etc without actually killing them.

Actually, duplicated RAWS were the casue of that but it's still cool :P

Astarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 07:19:02 am »

Ceramic Mugs.

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 09:40:49 am »

Here's the horrible, horrible creature I've been experimenting with.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My... god...

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 10:14:29 am »

News:
The animals with [CAN_LEARN] seem to gain social skills, and can arrive with other skills (like I have a donkey with the mason skill), but you can't assign them labors so apart from maybe having one elected mayor it is not that useful (them learning combat skills they might learn might be useful later though).

Dwarfs with the [trainable] tag seem to be stranger. Apparently you can only train them if they are a peasant, which makes them a 'hunting peasant' or 'war peasant'. Training them seems to generally be a bad idea, because once they become a 'hunting peasant' they can no longer be assigned labors or added to the military. (I have not yet had a chance to try adding them to the military then training them). They also can be assigned to other dwarfs as war/hunting animals and tend to follow their trainer around when they do not have any jobs to do.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 10:32:38 am »

News:
The animals with [CAN_LEARN] seem to gain social skills, and can arrive with other skills (like I have a donkey with the mason skill), but you can't assign them labors so apart from maybe having one elected mayor it is not that useful (them learning combat skills they might learn might be useful later though).

Dwarfs with the [trainable] tag seem to be stranger. Apparently you can only train them if they are a peasant, which makes them a 'hunting peasant' or 'war peasant'. Training them seems to generally be a bad idea, because once they become a 'hunting peasant' they can no longer be assigned labors or added to the military. (I have not yet had a chance to try adding them to the military then training them). They also can be assigned to other dwarfs as war/hunting animals and tend to follow their trainer around when they do not have any jobs to do.

I just modded goblins playable and embarked with 110 trolls. They're all at least competent in all social skills from simply milling around in the meeting hall, and I've hardly played it even for a season.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 10:40:17 am »

More news: My hunting peasant remains a hunting peasant even though he is now a novice mason. (I had masonry enabled before training him)
Soaplent green is goblins!

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 11:52:51 am »

Golgathen.... the Shit Deamon a entire monster made of Shit... when it died it exploded into a shit storm that smotherd you

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 12:59:37 pm »

-A golem with an infinite number of swords sticking out of its hand (accidental)
-Rock Lobster Dragons
-Guy Made of Bees (It had a tendency to sting its victims until they fell unconscious and strangle them to death)
-Supersonic flaming flying manta rays
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 01:55:46 pm »

A few more experimental results:

Modding a creature to give booze when milked results in a bucket with booze in it.  This will never be transferred to a barrel.  Nor will dwarves drink from it, even when thirsty, but they will dump it on the floor when they need to empty the barrel to milk the creature for more booze.  It seems that alcohol in a bucket just doesn't work.  (It may be possible to cook the milked alcohol, however - I'll need to test this) ETA:  Nope, can't cook it either.  So far it seems milk is the only liquid you can usefully extract.

What if you mod in a custom reaction to transfer the booze from the bucket into a barrel?

You'll get barrels of 1 booze each, instead of the regular 20.  Lots more barrels, but, it's possible I suppose.

Hmm, how about a reaction to empty twenty buckets into the barrel than?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 02:12:43 pm »

Odd things that I have modded in:

• Intelligent Vermin

I'm now thinking of retooling these for the new version, and attaching some of the bee [HIVE_PRODUCT:] tags to them in order to allow the creation of tiny little forced-labor camps...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:15:51 pm by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 04:47:50 pm »

In 40d, I made turban-wearing, scimitar-wielding, bemasked Cactusmen to act as a desert civ. Despite having wooden weapons and having green blood, they were valiant fighters and excellent blowgunners. Think Shy Guys + Cactaur.

That sounds interesting. Do you still have the raws?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:54:58 pm by Stone Wera »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 10:12:28 pm »

H.P. Lovecraft/Cthulhu-mythos themed language [SYMBOL: ] entry

Huh, wish I'd thought of that. Mind posting it as a spoiler?

And come to think of it, this one sounds interesting too:

An ore that has a chance to yield any metal in the game

Given the excellent idea I can see how to implement that in the raws, but since you've already done it I'd love to be lazy and borrow your code.

Spoiler: Wildstone (click to show/hide)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56