Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202771 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2011, 10:27:41 pm »

-Guy Made of Bees (It had a tendency to sting its victims until they fell unconscious and strangle them to death)
"I'm covered in bees!"
Soaplent green is goblins!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2011, 11:32:50 pm »

Weird things... countless. Heres a few:

-Made my adventurers able to eat anything with a reaction that turns anything into meat of that material. They munched away their swords, loincloths and enemies without complaint.
-Made buzzards disappear, leaving only a pink cloud which is called 'poof!'. Because they are annoying.
-Modded bones and skulls to be turned into furniture. Skulls thrones and bone pillars for real now!
-An indestructable ball of feather that killed a dragon. Its only attack was a 'fluff' attack that didnt do anything but cover the enemy in feathers, which had a drowsyness syndrome on it. Also dust attack.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 12:39:19 am »

-Made buzzards disappear, leaving only a pink cloud which is called 'poof!'. Because they are annoying.
This is awesome and should be shared. (Please?)

-Modded bones and skulls to be turned into furniture. Skulls thrones and bone pillars for real now!
"I will call it my screaming chair. Every morning I will sit in it and listen to you scream."
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2011, 01:07:51 am »

Here you go
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[BOILING_POINT:0]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:PINK]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:poof!]
Paste that at the end of the creature to be poofed. (or below its material tags at least)
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2011, 03:15:20 pm »

Odd things that I have modded in:

• Intelligent Vermin

I'm now thinking of retooling these for the new version, and attaching some of the bee [HIVE_PRODUCT:] tags to them in order to allow the creation of tiny little forced-labor camps...

Ok, So i'm gonna have creatures with these tokens:
[ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:10:241600:BAR:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:8:176600:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:8:215600:TOTEM:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:4:101400:FIGURINE:NONE:INORGANIC:MUDSTONE]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:8:209600:MEAT:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MUSCLE]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:1:1204000:CHAIR:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:9:221900:BAR:NONE:COKE:CHARCOAL]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:6:401600:RING:NONE:INORGANIC:TIN]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:2:200950:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:INORGANIC:CERAMIC_EARTHENWARE]
[HIVE_PRODUCT:7:201600:AMULET:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]

And a seperate race that can build this tool:
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SLAVE_CAMP]
[NAME:tiny forced labor camp: tiny forced labor camps]
[VALUE:20]
[METAL_MAT]
[TOOL_USE:HIVE]
[TILE:22]
[SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[CONTAINER_CAPACITY:12500]
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 04:52:15 pm »

-An indestructable ball of feather that killed a dragon. Its only attack was a 'fluff' attack that didnt do anything but cover the enemy in feathers, which had a drowsyness syndrome on it. Also dust attack.

I DEMAND that you give me the raws for that.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 07:26:00 pm »

Weird things... countless. Heres a few:

-Made my adventurers able to eat anything with a reaction that turns anything into meat of that material. They munched away their swords, loincloths and enemies without complaint.

raws please

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2011, 06:09:32 am »

HOW?!?
It sounds awesome! And useful!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2011, 06:52:04 am »

Make a custom reaction that takes Skull, and produces 1 Chair GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT.  Same for making bone blocks, requires bone, produces blocks.  This is how people have modded in stone beds, and partly how you get gem doors from artifacts.  Something can be made from anything, it's just that vanilla only provides reactions for types that "make sense".

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2011, 02:20:33 pm »

All reactions in DF are transmutations.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 05:15:21 pm »

-Guy Made of Bees (It had a tendency to sting its victims until they fell unconscious and strangle them to death)
MUST HAVE!

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »

I was modding in rat men and didn't realise that they didn't come with attaks so when I tested them in arena mode all they could do was push people.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2011, 01:15:15 am »

I was modding in rat men and didn't realise that they didn't come with attaks so when I tested them in arena mode all they could do was push people.

The same happened with my walrus men. They were actually much more dangerous that way.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 02:58:41 am »

I deleted every creature except for dwarves, then made them pets and pack animals.

After that, I was able to embark with seven actual Dwarves and a hundred strays. Oddly, I could still give them all jobs via Dwarf Therapist, but not in-game.
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2011, 04:04:34 am »

I made workshop that produced free uberweapons.

It set the world on fire.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56