Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202694 times)

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #450 on: March 04, 2012, 02:05:35 am »

Modded in Nuclear weapons. As creatures, so that you can control when they go off.

I'd be interested in hearing how to make a Hiroshima-sized blast in Dwarf Fortress. I've done some work on exploding creatures but never produced more than a small puff of superhot gas that traveled for a few tiles and failed to capture the majesty and grandeur of nuclear conflict.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 04, 2012, 02:21:07 am »

Modded in Nuclear weapons. As creatures, so that you can control when they go off.

I'd be interested in hearing how to make a Hiroshima-sized blast in Dwarf Fortress. I've done some work on exploding creatures but never produced more than a small puff of superhot gas that traveled for a few tiles and failed to capture the majesty and grandeur of nuclear conflict.

Chain reaction, instead of boiling boulder as death item, I used UNDIRECTED_DUST of superheated gas. Kills original creature, and turns those it touches into a creature which soon dies in a small puff of more of the gas. These explosions are smaller and don't have knockback, but it spreads far enough that it can be quite devastating indoors. If I could just figure out a way for the transformed victims to be forced to also use the dust attack...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 04, 2012, 06:12:55 am »

The first time i touched raws, [trying to add an extra set of eyes to test if i had a clue as to what i was doing] i gened a world to find everyone of every civ was an animal.

I dont know what i fucked with, but i had to download fresh after that.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 04, 2012, 07:33:31 am »

I currently have a number of modded in animals to help me deal with undead in a more prudent manner. The most normal is the Cave Wolf, which is essentially an armadillo 4 times the size of a wolf, immune to syndromes and such. The strangest is the Meeba. Its a heavily HEAVILY modified fluffy wambler. They grow twice as fast as dragons, are immune to the undead, grow to 10 times the size of a bronze collossus and are nigh impossible to kill. They can basically keep a small group of undead in battle indefinitely. The most OP is my golem. Basically a Bronze Colossus made miniature. Can't breed the Meebas or golems, so the only Meeba's you get are the ones you catch in caves, and the golem is an Embark Only. I normally bring two and attach em to VIP military dwarves. The whole setup is horrifically OP against anything in a good or neutral biome. And normal undead are borderline pushovers with em. But it makes it so you can actually go into battle against husks and stand a chance of surviving until those migrants get themselves through your front gate.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 04, 2012, 10:50:42 am »

First and only thing i've ever modded in was DEATH in 31.?? version! With bones made of adamantine it was a bit too powerfull so i think i nerfed it to steel instead iirc.
However i abandoned the idea when i couldnt get only one of them spawn in each world. I wanted it to be a real challenge for old fortresses and legendary adventurers and a good way to get awesome gear for your adventurer

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 07, 2012, 10:22:17 pm »

Bloodwine

Brewing blood brought by caravans, or obtained from body parts and meat into alcohol.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 08, 2012, 01:09:00 am »

...we can do that now!?  :o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 08, 2012, 02:04:30 am »

VOMITWINE!!!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 08, 2012, 07:13:58 am »

im curious.. what happens if you brew vampire blood?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Valdrax

• Bay Watcher
  • HUGE ELF (bluh bluh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 08, 2012, 08:56:04 am »

I feel tame.  The worst I ever did was make a workshop to turn raw glass into glass logs, so that I could make glass barrels, bins, and beds at the carpenter's workshop.  I didn't work out as well I would've liked because no wood stockpile would accept them, so the shop kept getting cluttered.

I ended up just making a shop to turn glass blocks into whatever items I wanted.
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 08, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »

Yes by using [REACTION_CLASS:] you can make blood recognized by reactions.

im curious.. what happens if you brew vampire blood?
I don't know I have not had any vampires show up in my tests, but it might make whoever drinks it into a vampire depending on how that particular strain can be transmitted.
I don't think dwarfs will use body parts from other dwarfs in reactions so they may never make vampire bloodwine anyway. 
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 10, 2012, 01:24:05 am »

Yes by using [REACTION_CLASS:] you can make blood recognized by reactions.

Sweeeeet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 11, 2012, 11:46:17 am »

The first time i touched raws, [trying to add an extra set of eyes to test if i had a clue as to what i was doing] i gened a world to find everyone of every civ was an animal.

I dont know what i fucked with, but i had to download fresh after that.

You probably added an entry that had the same name as another one--e.g. two [CREATURE:TOAD] entries.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 11, 2012, 03:33:14 pm »

Made an alchemist workshop that takes some adamantine to make more standard metals.  For those folks that feel adamantine is a little bit too strong to use directly, but still want a use of it.

I decided to make reactions that don't use up some adamantine as a catalyst as well and put a minor little downside to that if folks decide to try to do it that way...

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:EXPLODIUM_GREI]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:RED]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:oddly stable explodium]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:oddly stable explodium]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:ORANGE]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:semi-stable explodium]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:semi-stable explodium]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:ORANGE]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:explodium]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:explodium]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
[ITEM_SYMBOL:'*']
[SOLID_DENSITY:20000]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:0]
[MELTING_POINT:11731]
[BOILING_POINT:20892]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:30000]
[SPEC_HEAT:800]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
        [SYN_NAME:alchemist madness]
        [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:'!':4:0:1:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:120:0:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:110:START:0]
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:110:PERC_ON:100:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:CRAZED:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_SLEEP:START:0]

Muahaha.

I just imagine some half melted lovecraftian maddened dwarf that learned what mortals were not meant to learn, chasing dwarves around the fortress with super speed and strength because the player got a tad greedy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:39:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 13, 2012, 04:15:09 pm »

Guys, I got the best idea. Guys, listen. Okay, so it's a blob... Listen to me.. that releases a vapor, turning anything that touches it into a husk. Yes, even the blob becomes a husk. And the blobs are intelligent and have GRASP. I haven't modded this in yet.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 56