Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202852 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

Uberweapons eh?

The flying ion shard strikes Dwarf 11 in the upper body, tearing the muscle and tearing apart the middle spine's nervous tissue!
A tendon in the middle spine has been torn!
Dwarf 11 is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The Dwarf 11 slams into an obstacle and blows apart!
Dwarf 11 has died after colliding with an obstacle.

I rest my case.
Dorf IonShardRailgun.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 06:14:23 pm »

Was that a ranged weapon that could knock targets around?  Could you post the raws?
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2011, 10:59:13 pm »

I had a magma casting workshop that allowed me to make obsidian blocks for free from magma.

I feel so boring. v.v

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2011, 11:37:45 am »

@DE A ranged weapon that blasts a dorf sized target a good few dozen m. and blows limbs off if it hits them.  :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2011, 12:07:31 pm »

At one point I was also working on a Soda Machine/Vending Machine custom workshop
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2011, 12:08:42 pm »

@DE A ranged weapon that blasts a dorf sized target a good few dozen m. and blows limbs off if it hits them.  :P
Was that a ranged weapon that could knock targets around?  Could you post the raws?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2011, 03:19:49 pm »

I'm currently working on a total conversion Wizard of Oz mod. Dwarfs replaced with munchkins. I've decided to make their names and titles cutesier, yet their nature even dwarfier. Wondering if I should make cowardly lions entirely different ceatures, or a caste of normal lions. Maybe just make all lions into cowards. Flying monkeys are far more vicious than I had intended. Is there even a way to make water lethal to a certain creature?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 05:03:48 pm »

No?

Because...

1. It's buggy.
2. It's crap.
3. There's no implementation of it. I'm just messing in arena.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 09:29:12 pm »

Are you going to try and fix it up?
Also, being able to create mobile hammerballistae doesn't sound crap to me.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 11:33:28 pm »

I made a race of beings composed of obsidian. They still shattered and died.
Next, I'm making pygmy kobolds that hunt vermin, lay pygmy eggs(Which are more valuable), and have a chance to "lay"(As in craft) pygmy weapons, which are useless, but provide a nice trade good.
PM me if you want to have the end result when it's finished.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2011, 12:31:52 am »

Late repsonses time!

@ Aramco:

Beware of putting them in fortress mode, they are invulnarable to anything but complete overkill stuff like caveins and atomsmashings. Magma just sets them on fire (strangly) but does nothing else to it.

@UristMcDwarf:

@GreatWyrmGold: This one is quite a lot of raws. Theres a glue material, two skull materials, a ton of reactions, a building and a number of changed default raws.

Basically what I did is make reactions to turn cartillage, bone, horn, etc. into glue, reactions to turn bones into bone bars, and skulls into skull blocks. With the glue you can then turn your blocks and bars into furniture, or just pave the floor with it.

I can post this one if you want but it would take some more time then I have right now as I would have to pry the thing out from all the other weirdness I put in my default files.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2011, 01:21:23 am »

-Guy Made of Bees (It had a tendency to sting its victims until they fell unconscious and strangle them to death)
MUST HAVE!
AND I!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2011, 01:23:07 am »

Feather's are kind of cool. I found out a while back that a bodypart made of feathers just has everything pass right through it.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2011, 08:59:04 am »

No?
Raws or it didn't happen.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2011, 09:49:53 am »

Raws or it didn't happen.

Raws or what didn't happen... o_O It's hardly hard to mod a ranged weapon that causes enemies to fly when it hits them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56