Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202834 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #750 on: July 31, 2015, 03:51:15 pm »

That's not a competition we want, since by the power of the internet it will inevitably become "lewdest raws"
I would so win the lewdest raws contest. My raws might be neatly organized and occasionally pruned, but they are not for public consumption. Toady would not appreciate examples.

Now, outside of that I've tried making giant milkable bees, producing honey, for the mass production of giant bee mead. And giant wasps that turn what they sting into a wasp itself (supposedly their offspring after emerging from the host)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 31, 2015, 04:49:42 pm »

The last stuff sounds cool, do you make mods and contribute to masterwork n' stuff?

And in my case, by dirty, I meant needing to be cleaned. I did not mean... well, after a certain point, I'm not even sure what I didn't mean.
One wheel short of a wagon

HDSlugMoar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 03, 2015, 10:01:52 am »

This is way to long but I wrote it in another thread and didn't want to rewrite it, here's my first and second experience with messing with Raws in DF.

Well, today i tried changing the objects section of raws. I tried to create a "Crazed Human" by copy-pasting stuff from the creatures, 'Floating Guts' and 'Elephant' as well as bits and pieces from others. I embarked to an old fort, but got tired of waiting for them to wander in. So the next time i created a new world (5 years history, pocket sized), and copy pasted my creature into all biomes (or thought i did), then increased their population to 100000:500000 (I have no idea what these numbers are). I use the "play now" thing then embark. I think to myself "well those numbers are quite large, i can't imagine it will take long to find some.", and not looking at anything else i wait for them to appear, none do so i decide to just make a fort and see what kind of stuff i messed up...thats when i realized...

I had no citizens. Instead i had 7 hydras with no skills except some military stuff and "Grand Master Observer". I can assign labors but they don't do anything. There were no positions for managers, militia commanders, etc. because my hydras were classified as Livestock, and had No Job after their name.

Tried a second embark with plan carefully, filled in skills then went to animals. Many of the normal ones were gone and instead there were wagons, wagons, nothing, chimera, centaur, centauress, nothing (male), and nothing (female), costing 1 point apiece. I get 100-200 of each and embarked but the game crashes, might have to use less next time.

Third embark, one hydra shows "fish" for a job, none of the others have any jobs. Then i get the message (name of hydra) cancels fish, TO INJURED, but has no injuries.

Finally tried adventure mode, instead of dwarves there are hydras, instead of elves there are sea serpents who can't get of of their trees. And instead of humans there are mermen and mermaids who drowned immediately after the game starts because the live in towns but breathe water.

After testing this more I've found that hydras always crash the game after a certain point, as well as any of the odd embark creatures. The game is unplayable with thi as everything dies or can't move or crashes the game. However last night I was inspired by the hydras instead of dwarves thing so I decided to make some two headed dwarves. After editing them to have two faces, 4 noses 2 mouths 2 skulls and 2brains, and embarking they died immediately. The second time I doubled all of their organs as well which resulted in them crawling around on the ground suffocating. Finally realized they have 2 skulls, 2 brains, 4 lungs and 4noses and such, but all the doubles were smashed onto/into one head, that means 2 brains inside of a skull that is twice as large as it should be...will have to fix this.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 03, 2015, 10:09:09 am »

After editing them to have two faces, 4 noses 2 mouths 2 skulls and 2brains, and embarking they died immediately. The second time I doubled all of their organs as well which resulted in them crawling around on the ground suffocating. Finally realized they have 2 skulls, 2 brains, 4 lungs and 4noses and such, but all the doubles were smashed onto/into one head, that means 2 brains inside of a skull that is twice as large as it should be...will have to fix this.
That's not how that works.

They suffocated because there is no 'two brain' body part. So what you did is everything you thought you doubled, you actually removed.

HDSlugMoar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 03, 2015, 10:24:22 am »

After editing them to have two faces, 4 noses 2 mouths 2 skulls and 2brains, and embarking they died immediately. The second time I doubled all of their organs as well which resulted in them crawling around on the ground suffocating. Finally realized they have 2 skulls, 2 brains, 4 lungs and 4noses and such, but all the doubles were smashed onto/into one head, that means 2 brains inside of a skull that is twice as large as it should be...will have to fix this.
That's not how that works.

They suffocated because there is no 'two brain' body part. So what you did is everything you thought you doubled, you actually removed.

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works lol. Well it sucks to be a dwarf then. Wander what will happen when dwarves caravans arrive?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 03, 2015, 04:12:16 pm »

Also, why would you give them four noses?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #756 on: August 03, 2015, 10:39:48 pm »

Wow, this is really going to look tame compared to the awesome insanity here, but I had the idea to mod in energy domes (aka Devo hats).  You know, the red ziggurat looking hats.  Whips are already in the game.

I can just see the first energy dome artifact:

On the energy dome is an image of Urist McWhipit and Problems in unicorn horn.  The Problems are cowering.  Urist mcWhipit is striking a triumphant pose.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

HDSlugMoar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2015, 11:51:19 pm »

Also, why would you give them four noses?

Because Urist likes skunks for their foul smell. And if you don't like it then I'll have my new and improved Hydra Dwarves tear you apart. They have four noses, scales...I think, and a couple sets of teeth. And I made it so their bite is their main attack and it hits as hard as an elephant goring you.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 04, 2015, 03:18:29 am »

And you can't actually control them?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

HDSlugMoar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 04, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »

The new ones are hustled modded dwarves not actually hydras, so I can control them.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 04, 2015, 10:21:53 pm »

Aight. Coolio.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 05, 2015, 09:25:24 pm »

This is such a wonderful thread. ;_; Positively Terrifyingly Wonderful.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #762 on: August 07, 2015, 04:10:34 am »

I just modded Fallen from Destiny into my worlds.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 07, 2015, 05:19:18 pm »

Wow, this is really going to look tame compared to the awesome insanity here, but I had the idea to mod in energy domes (aka Devo hats).  You know, the red ziggurat looking hats.  Whips are already in the game.

I can just see the first energy dome artifact:

On the energy dome is an image of Urist McWhipit and Problems in unicorn horn.  The Problems are cowering.  Urist mcWhipit is striking a triumphant pose.

Now we just need to wait for magic to be implemented so we can add in the mental energy boosting properties that DEVO claimed the helmets possessed
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 07, 2015, 05:47:58 pm »

magic is implemented quite well enough to have mental energy boosting

just not attached to items

the release after the next will be games/economy stuff

the release after that will be the Non-player Artifacts release, which Toady said ought to have some fancy interaction/syndrome stuff which will almost surely allow mental energy boosting layer pyramid hats
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 56