Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202638 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #765 on: August 11, 2015, 10:19:21 am »

the release after that will be the Non-player Artifacts release, which Toady said ought to have some fancy interaction/syndrome stuff which will almost surely allow mental energy boosting layer pyramid hats
Allow?  It'll probably come up with them on its own.  A game that comes up with musical instrument string throwing contests can be counted on to come up with fashionable mental energy accessories, too.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 11, 2015, 10:19:19 pm »

and of course we'll also need the other sacred acoutrements of the Church of the SubGenius - the sacred 9-iron, the janor device, the mystic pipe of dobbs, frop, etc...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #767 on: August 12, 2015, 07:20:16 am »

As a huge Devo fan, I never dreamed that one little comment in a huge thread could catch on so splendidly.

My first ever megaproject will be a giant ziggurat of cinnabar.

Or considering they now do the hats in blue, microcline.

Wonder how many spuds would be interesting in a de-volving succession fort?  Duty now!

Back on topic, I'm going to try and mod in those hats this weekend.  Thought it should be a simple thing, especially for the whips (just add them to the list of weapons dorfs can use) I'll just make up the hat and throw it on here for any who want to copy-paste it in the raws.  Just don't dupe them, or you really will have mutants.  Or embark with seven literal spuds. :D
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 14, 2015, 03:37:00 am »

My strangest modded creature was probably the giant lungfish:

Spoiler: Giant Lungfish (click to show/hide)

Next to that, I give you the Chimera (and all necessary body part files, etc.):
Spoiler: Chimera Files (click to show/hide)

I've also made griffons from scratch. That was fun, but not weird. Chimeras qualify because they have a lion head, a goat head, and a snake head.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 14, 2015, 03:56:25 pm »

I've also made griffons from scratch. That was fun, but not weird. Chimeras qualify because they have a lion head, a goat head, and a snake head.

You seem to have forgotten the fire-breathing dragon head. For maximum destructification.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 14, 2015, 05:09:37 pm »

I made this thing awhile ago:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The first boss from Vectorman 2 was a massive, floating, 2-headed bug monster that breaths fire. The moment I saw the beast I knew it would be right at home in DF, so I brought it to life. First as a tamable savage swamp dweller, and later as a semimegabeast when I realized its full destructive potential.

Then there was the Meat Wagon. Introduced in a thread a year ago, it was a carnivorous wagon with hooked tentacles that eventually became a staple semimegabeast in my worlds. While not particularly killy, its unique and hellish appearance earned it a place in my heart.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 15, 2015, 10:11:00 pm »

I once attempted to mod in a Shrek cult. It, uh, didn't really work. Turns out summoning interactions are pretty much the most difficult thing in raw modding, and I wanted the cultists to be able to summon Shrek, so after making a Shrek creature and cultist creature, ended up quitting. I think I intended something a bit like that cult of the carp god mod, but I was doing this before that existed, and the summoning of Shrek would have been random rather than based off of all sorts of fancy counters of amounts of people or time or whatever.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 16, 2015, 10:15:27 pm »

You seem to have forgotten the fire-breathing dragon head. For maximum destructification.

The lion head has a [FIREJET] attack. It's not dragonfire, since I kinda wanted to keep that restricted to dragons themselves.

Oddly enough, the chimeras seem to be the wimpiest of all the megabeasts. They just don't live through world gen. Maybe it's because of the bronze force multiplier; maybe it's because they have multiple heads. I don't really know. Most of them will die during the first 30-50 years of world gen, struck down by humanoids of the various civilizations. (Elf, Dwarf, Human, Goblin, Minotaur.)
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 17, 2015, 12:14:35 am »

I once attempted to mod in a Shrek cult. It, uh, didn't really work. Turns out summoning interactions are pretty much the most difficult thing in raw modding, and I wanted the cultists to be able to summon Shrek, so after making a Shrek creature and cultist creature, ended up quitting. I think I intended something a bit like that cult of the carp god mod, but I was doing this before that existed, and the summoning of Shrek would have been random rather than based off of all sorts of fancy counters of amounts of people or time or whatever.

Don't worry, it'll be made someday, if not you, someone else will. Just remember, it isn't ogre, its never ogre.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #774 on: August 22, 2015, 08:50:49 pm »

Added this to all the standard humanoids:
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BP_BUMP]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Boop]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:GRASP]
[CDI:VERB:boop:boops:boop each other]
[CDI:CAN_BE_MUTUAL]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:TARGET:B:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:B:1]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:B:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:20]

Adventure mode is now Boop Simulator 2015.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #775 on: August 23, 2015, 11:17:46 am »

Don't worry, it'll be made someday, if not you, someone else will. Just remember, it isn't ogre, its never ogre.

Summoning is hard, but transformation is not.  You can make the most devout cultists turn into Shrek.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 23, 2015, 11:35:14 am »

Summoning is hard, but transformation is not.  You can make the most devout cultists turn into Shrek.
Thank you. Now I can finally achieve my dream of losing a fortress to Shrek.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 23, 2015, 11:37:20 am »

Tried to make wagons pull wagons. Didn't work, as all the methods I could think of lead to raw duplication, outside of attaching some tags to do with wagons to another custom creature, the functions of which I have questionable knowledge of.

Oh, and by "didn't work", I mean they just didn't send any wagons. Not exciting screen-breaking fractal crashes or anything.
One wheel short of a wagon

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 04, 2015, 02:37:03 am »

You could have those fancy meatwagons pulling wagons.

[IS_MODDER;NO]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #779 on: October 24, 2015, 06:35:03 pm »

I suppose you could have meatwagons pulled by 1x1 meat pseudowheel creatures
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56