Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202630 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #795 on: March 17, 2016, 02:02:35 pm »

I may have mentioned this before, but Nemean hydracores. A fusion of a hydra, a manticore, and a Nemean lion. They had horrible venom, wings, could shoot stingers, and had skin and fur like adamantine. They could only be killed by strangling all seven throats at once. And now that that's impossible, they're unkillable.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 17, 2016, 05:35:36 pm »

Clearly you need to mod in a reaction for dropping a thousand tones of stone on them. Cave ins kill everything.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #797 on: March 20, 2016, 08:55:11 am »

An animal person variant of the fluffy wambler, called, naturally, the Wambling Man.

Not especially strange, but I am proud of that name.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #798 on: March 20, 2016, 11:38:41 am »

Due to my mod having something that caused trouble when trying to heal an enemy i scrounged up something that is harmless and can only push, that ought to teach that dang bandit i wanted to dismember so many times  8)
Heres the code:
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:SOLARI_REGENERATION_GORE_PILE]
[DESCRIPTION:A disgusting inside-out looking pile of gore, it seems to be in large amounts of pain, but cant scream due its vocal cords... or body for that matter, has been deconstructed for reconstruction, and right now its nothing but a mess. Its bones splinter out and regrow while snapping back into place. The flesh around its past wounds bubbles and bursts before being completely healed.]
[NAME:Gore Pile:Gore Piles:Gore Pile]
[CASTE_NAME:Gore Pile:Gore Piles:Gore Pile]
[CREATURE_TILE:'G'][COLOR:7:0:2]

[SWIMS_INNATE]
[CANNOT_CLIMB]
[NOPAIN]
[NOBREATHE]
[NOSTUN]
[NONAUSEA]
[NOTHOUGHT]
[NOSMELLYROT]
[NOEXERT]
[NOFEAR]
[NO_DRINK]
[NO_EAT]
[NO_SLEEP]
[NO_DIZZINESS]
[NO_GENDER]
[NO_FEVERS]
[NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]

[CASTE:REGENERATION_GORE_PILE]
[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]

[BODY_SIZE:4000:4000:4000]

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_FLYING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900]  1 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_WALKING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900]
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 20, 2016, 02:02:09 pm »

This (maybe NSFW)

RAW
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:08:46 pm by YomToxic »

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #800 on: March 27, 2016, 11:43:35 am »

This (maybe NSFW)

RAW
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now what anime is this???
For research. Obviously.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 27, 2016, 05:36:34 pm »

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GREMLIN_TEARS:CREATURE_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen Gremlin Tears]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:Gremlin Tears]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling Gremlin Tears]
[PREFIX:NONE]

Complete with the requisite modifications to reaction_other.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 31, 2016, 09:28:07 am »

Once I modded in a species of cat with no tail, but that's not really that weird.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #803 on: March 31, 2016, 01:17:19 pm »

Hmm, dunno really.
I'd say either two-humans or cursed lusts.

Two-humans are from the RAW travesties thread - literally two humans of different gender fused together by their backs, who walk around like crabs and live in forest retreats. What's funny, is that while they started as just a one-off thing I did for the thread, I eventually gave them a civ and started to think of story-wise explanations for why these abominations of nature even exist - they worship gods of things like blight, deformity, disease, nightmares, etc. and I sorta imagine them to be made by those gods as mockeries of normal humans.
Basically "great old one" type stuff - their language I generated with the "Lang Create" utility is also pretty harsh-sounding when spoked out loud (funnily enough, the word it generated for "witch" is "vader" - not the first time I had either a name from some other work of fiction or a real word being generated - the earliest language for nagas I generated had the word "grasp" be translated into "naga" as "ass" - removed it pretty much immediately, even though it made me chuckle, especially with the associated word).

Cursed lusts are representations of lust (part of 5 different megabeasts based on the Seven Deadly Sins motif - I still have to do Envy and Greed, though) and are humanoids with a large, hanging tongue, several grasping, clawed tentacles sprouting from it's back (I didn't want them to have fingers but as this was a very early mod I made I didn't know the game would attach them to the tentacle claws as well - left it in since the resulting mental image was pretty creepy) and grotesque tumors on certain parts of the body.
Depending on the gender they also have a unique body part - a large swollen member for the males and tumorous mammaries for the females (I can't believe I wrote that).
They also can spray white-coloured fluids (yes, it's exactly what you think it is) with those body parts that cause different syndromes, varying on the gender - females cause bleeding, nausea, dizziness, coughing and vomiting blood, whereas males cause swelling, necrosis, bruising, blistering and dizziness (what do you mean "is it supposed to be symbolic?"). Also gods might occassionally transform you into one for toppling their statues.

You may throw up now.

I haven't separated the raws for them from my other stuff, though, currently I only have the entirety of all my mods uploaded onto dropbox along with some of the other RAW travesties creatures that were made by other users in that thread.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 31, 2016, 03:32:16 pm »

I did a lot of bizarre things in the opening days of 31.01.  Save corruption problems meant I might as well just mod like crazy to stress-test what happens when you do things with the mods Toady never even considered.

So I decided to test both the new milking system and the new caste system by making male dwarves livestock and making them milkable.  (I would have felt it was too exploitative to do that to female dwarves, whereas male dwarves makes it too bizarre/hilarious.)  Incidentally, it worked. I could pasture and milk the male dwarves, although I found they could also perform some labors if they were somehow turned on.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 31, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »

I could pasture and milk the male dwarves, although I found they could also perform some labors if they were somehow turned on.
Temptation to post Lenny face increases...
One wheel short of a wagon

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #806 on: April 04, 2016, 06:00:46 pm »

Spoiler: SHARK_LAND_LEL (click to show/hide)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 06, 2016, 12:15:55 pm »

Spoiler: SHARK_LAND_LEL (click to show/hide)
Why would a landshark make one afraid to go into the water? Wouldn't it make you afraid to go outside?

Regardless, you forgot the drink mat.  What good is a Landshark if you can't get drunk on it while listening to Jimmy Buffet songs? [/insidejoke]
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #808 on: April 06, 2016, 02:38:48 pm »

I separated the neccessary raws for the two-humans and cursed lust creatures I mentioned in my previous post.
Spoiler: Body parts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cursed Lust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lair Hunter Dialogue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Two-Human (click to show/hide)
I'd also upload the two-human entity file along with the language file but I think I'll run out of the post limit if I do, so I'll save that for another post.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 04:03:03 am by ZM5 »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 06, 2016, 07:50:56 pm »

The formatting is screwed because BBCode parses [RIGHT] and [LEFT]. You can use [code] [/code] around raws to fix this. It's also good practise in general to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56