Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 202970 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2011, 08:32:24 pm »

I present to you, my latest foray into awkward creatures --
THE GIANT RAINBOW EAGLE
They are any color of the DF rainbow, the females are otherwise regular, but the males all lay "eggs" that are rough gems of somewhat corresponding colors.
Built on top of Genesis mod, so it might not work out of the box in vanilla.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

DanielLC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2011, 10:15:13 pm »

I've only modded twice. That said, I have two examples.

First one I did was a cherub. That doesn't sound like much unless you payed attention to Ezekiel. They have four faces of different animals, four wings, and hooves. I also made ophanim, which are pairs of interlocking wheels covered in eyes.

More recently, I was trying to mod all the different races to have a chance of producing a god-like child. My elf one was supposed to fly and have a ranged attack to put creatures to sleep. Unfortunately, I forgot to specify the liquid it was shooting, resulting in it shooting liquid flesh and setting its enemies on fire.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2011, 10:56:08 pm »

Raws or it didn't happen.

Raws or what didn't happen... o_O It's hardly hard to mod a ranged weapon that causes enemies to fly when it hits them.

It's just that I've been trying to make weapons that reliably knocked targets flying in DF 2010 for a while, on and off, and I haven't managed it yet.  So if you managed it, even in the most basic way, I want to see if I can learn from your raws :).

I admit that I haven't tried to do ranged knockback weapons, I was experimenting with melee weapons, so it may be easy.  But, hey, if you've done it I'd still like to see :).
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2011, 12:10:44 am »

Merlions.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2011, 01:47:44 am »

Unfortunately, I forgot to specify the liquid it was shooting, resulting in it shooting liquid flesh and setting its enemies on fire.

Is that supposed to be better or worse?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2011, 03:02:16 am »

I admit that I haven't tried to do ranged knockback weapons, I was experimenting with melee weapons, so it may be easy.

Yeah, AFAIK melee will depend on the attackers attributes, ranged weapons have a force and velocity. Which I put... quite high...
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2011, 07:48:37 am »

I haven't done a whole lot, actually...I'm currently working on adding a couple new boring plants. That said, I once made bones brewable because my fort had no booze and no seeds and was about to die.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2011, 08:44:18 am »

Wayyyyyyyy back (well before the materiel rewrite) I created bombs from Final Fantasy.   They sorta worked...maybe.

They were set up so that they melted just barely above expected ambient temperature.  They had dragonfire.  Which naturally would cause them to melt themselves.

Inside they had some method so that the moment they took any kind of damage they would explode into a cloud of boiling bomb oil.

The moment one took any damage at all the game crashed.  Clearly they went nuclear.

Now that the materiel system is more robust and I can test stuff in the arena without having to hunt my test subjects down in adventure mode, I might try again.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2011, 01:35:26 pm »

I modded in a plant that dyes cloth clear...

[PLANT:BEAN_MAGICIAN]
   [NAME:magician bean]
   [NAME_PLURAL:magician beans]
   [ADJ:magician bean]
   [PICKED_TILE:58]
   [PICKED_COLOR:7:0:0]
   [WET]
   [DRY]
   [BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
   [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
      [EDIBLE_RAW]
      [EDIBLE_VERMIN]
      [EDIBLE_COOKED]
   [GROWDUR:550]
   [VALUE:4]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EXTRACT:PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen magician bean oil]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:magician bean oil]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling magician bean oil]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
      [EDIBLE_RAW]
      [EDIBLE_COOKED]
      [EXTRACT_STORAGE:BARREL]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
   [EXTRACT_BARREL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:imperial magic dye]
      [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:ASH_GRAY]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:1]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:25]
      [POWDER_DYE:CLEAR]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
   [MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
      [EDIBLE_VERMIN]
      [EDIBLE_COOKED]
   [SEED:magician bean seed:magician bean seeds:7:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
   [SUMMER]
   [AUTUMN]
   [FREQUENCY:10]
   [CLUSTERSIZE:4]
   [PREFSTRING:illusions]
   [PREFSTRING:magicalness]
   [SHRUB_COLOR:7:0:0]
   [DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:0:0:1]
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2011, 01:53:04 pm »

At this point, my strangest creation has to be the Tofurkey, as seen in the S.L.A.D.E. community mod.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2011, 02:31:17 pm »

I haven't done any actual modding yet... I'll start with something simple, like trees. I'm annoyed by how all kinds of wood have such low value...

...so I'll try to make the trees crazy somehow.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:39:25 pm by Minnakht »
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2011, 08:48:19 pm »

That said, I once made bones brewable because my fort had no booze and no seeds and was about to die.

Urist H Christ, that's brilliant. I'm off to mod in bone lager, leather brew and all manner of wonderful things... Wait, couldn't you make drink out of stone? If this is more involved than just tweaking the mead reaction, would you mind posting the raws?

I'd like to say that weirdest thing I've modded in is the My Little Pony civilisation. But it pales in comparison to the weirdness that is making dogs milkable, and the males milkable for semen, with the intention of selling dog semen jelly roasts to the elves. I screwed up the tags so the females were being milked for semen. My dorfs screwed up the plan by devouring the dog semen jelly. But I've been given a few hints on fixing it and I'll see if I can make it work.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2011, 09:32:43 pm »

Urist H Christ, that's brilliant. I'm off to mod in bone lager, leather brew and all manner of wonderful things...
I haven't got round to doing this yet or even checking whether it's possible, but I want woven baskets that can be sealed with the pitch you get off a distillation column. Then you can use those to make pitchy beer, which is sort of like special wood-aged spirits except with delicious hydrocarbons and beer.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2011, 09:46:47 pm »

This thread inspired me to attempt to make palm-tree men. I'm sure hilarity will ensue.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »

I have the strangest urge to create gigantic flying cuttlefish and bioluminescent trees which produce eyes for fruit. I want to make flesh a building material, and dear god do I ever want Dwarves clad in gem armor riding giant dragonflies into battle. I will have hives of gigantic wasps made from solid ale. I will get Dwarf Fortress high on mods. But unfortunately I'm far too lazy to do any of those things.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56