Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 201017 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #705 on: March 12, 2015, 07:38:11 am »

"creepers"

Basically 4-legged green creatures with alcohol for blood. They also had an internal temperature as hot as magma. I copied the kobold's raws regarding civs, so they would sent "thiefs" and occasionally "ambushes" But they just spontaneously combusted when the entered the map.

Even funnier is in adventure mode, I found a cave with hundreds of them in it. The moment the game rendered the cave, the frame rate died. Once it recovered, I went into the cave and saw everything on fire, so I deduced what happened.

Could you show us the raws for those?
Sorry, no. This was back before 2014 version and I have deleted all my games from back then.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #706 on: March 12, 2015, 03:00:36 pm »

Let's see...

I don't think anything my imagination has come up with is weirder than the creatures I modded in from the Marioverse, so I'll put a few of those:

Bundt: a giant animated cake that attacks with ice and a diamond saw and can be defeated only by removing the flames from all of its five candles, summoned by baking a 'surprise cake' in the kitchen and having someone eat it at a party
Belome: a four eyed, four eared dog megabeast that attacks by slurping with its tongue, sprays gas that causes 'scarecrow syndrome' (removes the ability to use basic physical attacks while still allowing the use of special abilities if the creature has any), and is able to swallow live creatures whole
Whacka: a friendly, talking mole-creature that drops valuable 'bumps' when beaten up with blunt weaponry, but not if it is killed
Great Dragon: Similar to a regular dragon, but if immersed in lava all the flesh boils off of its bones and you are left with a living dragon skeleton that is immune to pain and cannot bleed to death
Smith King: A shapeshifting robot with 5 forms that is nearly impossible to kill through cumulative damage (because it keeps shapeshifting to heal) but its temperature rises as its reactor leaks which eventually causes its brain to melt if you keep attacking it

I'll also one-up your creepers with a civilized bob-omb race that explodes violently in melee combat, but can be disarmed by severing their fuse before they do so (which also counts as gelding them).  Sieges typically set the map on fire.  There are also bob-omb minions that are used as pets.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 12, 2015, 05:26:31 pm »

You posting here is like the janitor joining a 3rd grade foot race.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 13, 2015, 04:36:39 am »

It isn't a competition, though.  And if it is one, it's for creativity, not modding skill.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 13, 2015, 04:41:28 am »

it was joke, someone said that about me a year or three ago, don't remember the context

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 13, 2015, 05:25:51 am »

Assassins as a noble caste they run around chasing and faux attacking citizens causing the was in a conflict and was terrified thoughts. They do few things like execute criminals with any weapon are exempt from punishment and all that nonsense, they stop bothering the general population upon being placed in a squad, to be honest I havnt used them enough to notice all the bugs/peaks.
Tags like attack enemy and attack friendly.
They appear in npc towns but dont attack on sight. They just say, "I was once a farmer but now, now I'm an assassin."
Oh yeah sure they obviously needed you for your legendary plowing skills..
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 14, 2015, 11:59:56 pm »

Well... I had fish that were amphibious and had several different castes... Like they would 'lay unusual eggs' of various things based on caste. I think they did iron, coke, nethercap, everything necessary for crystal glass, huge numbers of eggs, and maybe something else. Oh, and one female caste produced live offspring. And there were a few male castes; some shot webs and others had a horn with some nasty venom. Something may have breathed fire too, I'd have to check.

And they were fully domesticated to dwarves. (Pretty much easy mode with a few nestboxes.)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 15, 2015, 10:23:15 am »

Assassins as a noble caste they run around chasing and faux attacking citizens causing the was in a conflict and was terrified thoughts. They do few things like execute criminals with any weapon are exempt from punishment and all that nonsense, they stop bothering the general population upon being placed in a squad, to be honest I havnt used them enough to notice all the bugs/peaks.
They appear in npc towns but dont attack on sight. They just say, "I was once a farmer but now, now I'm an assassin."

This sounds interesting.  How did you do it?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 18, 2015, 02:04:50 am »

This sounds interesting.  How did you do it?

Sorry for late reply, life and such

I grabbed the hammerer noble which I changed into an executioner for my humans, it uses axes.
Anyway I grabbed the tags from the military.I have forgotten the wording but the tags where something like:
[ATTACKS_ENEMY] and found the closest wording for allies which I think is [ATTACKS_FRIENDLY]
I havnt been in the raws for a while so Ive forgotten the exact words. Im sure you will find the apropriate tags.
As for the exicuting with various weapons i took the hammerers responsibility and just changed the military skill word, SWORD AXE HAMMER etc.
And the noble exempt tags,
I think they dont attack eachother either.

I made them in a phase of noble modding.
I also made human rangers and tried to make a druid, emphasis on tried
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:07:53 am by That Wolf »
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 18, 2015, 02:24:13 am »

...There aren't tokens even remotely resembling those...

aliasfree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 18, 2015, 03:30:13 am »

I once modded in a massive, flying murder cube of adamantine that would push things to death.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 18, 2015, 03:54:36 am »

...There aren't tokens even remotely resembling those...
* sarcastic clap
Oh really, I hadnt realised...
As it clearly states in my post...
But for anyone who mods the game they will surely know what im talking about, shit.. you mod and im sure you know what I mean.
If you go into the raws and look at the ranger entry you can basicly see what I did to make them.
Now if you are disputing the validity of the caste I made then why do they work?

Next time try to help, instead you came off as a dick.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 18, 2015, 09:17:48 am »

There's an ATTACK_ENEMIES responsibility tag on the elven ranger, but you can't just make up new tags based on it; responsibilities are hard-coded and there's no responsibility associated with attacking friendly units.

Are you sure it wasn't just attacking convicted criminals?  That's normal executioner behavior, but you made it sound as though it was attacking everyone.  Maybe you did something with the ethics to ensure that everyone was guilty of capital punishment?  Do you still have copies of the raws?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 18, 2015, 10:31:53 am »

Im pretty sure I have the raws, I still use the caste. I will fire up the files tomorrow when I can.

What I did was make the caste then genned a world to test them. Started a human fort and imediately made 3 of my starting 7 assassins, they then chased the rest around causing conflict moods.
Im sure they where normal humans, and even if it was a the goblin race their ethics shouldnt make them automaticly criminals?
Im not sure about the hardcoding. Im getting interested in what I did now..
I will see tomorrow I guess

But im sure all I did was change the enemy tag into attacks_friendlies or whatever word is accociated with allies.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 18, 2015, 10:57:39 am »

The oddest creatures I ever modded into DF were "Shambleshrooms", large unthinking ambulatory mushrooms that walked on ten tentacles.  They were sexless (all female), and reproduced by budding, using the highly buggy melting-limb/reanimation/transformation interaction-loop.  They would eventually root in place (IMMOBILE) and become a creature-tree that would spawn more shambleshrooms.  Killing/butchering the trees yielded logs and shroomflesh.  Hilarity ensued when I set the interaction timers to low and suffered FPS death on embark.

The oddest thing I ever modded into DF was probably my aborted forced-labor mod: using reactions to transform captured humans/hippies/gobos into a domesticated version of the same creature that would perform basic hauling/pumping/food-gathering labors that you could also shear, milk, and butcher for their skin and bones.  All races became milkable, shearable, and had cheese and various other extracts.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56