Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released  (Read 59608 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2011, 08:11:19 pm »

Fun trick I recently learned:  In Firefox, you can hit escape to make the animated images on the page stop animating.  I just checked Internet Explorer, and it works there too.  I don't know about other browsers.

Oh that's clever. I doff my hat to you, good sir.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2011, 01:44:51 am »

Or you can block all avatars on the forum settings, like I do.

Ullallulloo

• Bay Watcher
  • My paperclip's name is Thomasalexandrenite.
    • View Profile
    • Ullallulloo's Blog
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2011, 10:24:18 am »

TolyK, could you tone down your avatar a bit? It's epileptic seizure -inducing.

+1 It is pretty annoying. Kinda cute at first, but annoying having something flashing erratically in one's peripheral vision all the time. Could lead to tantrums. :)

Fun trick I recently learned:  In Firefox, you can hit escape to make the animated images on the page stop animating.  I just checked Internet Explorer, and it works there too.  I don't know about other browsers.
Awesomeness. It doesn't work in Opera or Chrome though.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2011, 12:30:55 pm »

I hope the next bug-fix release makes the military train a little faster.  I don't like using danger rooms much. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2011, 12:40:03 pm »

I hope the next bug-fix release makes the military train a little faster.  I don't like using danger rooms much. 

The upcoming release (the one coming out in several days) probably won't change training speeds.  Later bugfix releases might, though.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2011, 02:25:17 pm »

You could put [NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:3] to every dwarf caste and call it "them adults trained in their teen years".
Or [SKILL_RATE:MELEE_COMBAT:<put numbers here>] so in Your Worlds learning is faster.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2011, 02:33:39 pm »

You could put [NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:3] to every dwarf caste and call it "them adults trained in their teen years".
Or [SKILL_RATE:MELEE_COMBAT:<put numbers here>] so in Your Worlds learning is faster.

I suppose, but it would feel like cheating.  I'm cool on waiting for it to be changed eventually.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2011, 05:01:26 pm »

The upcoming release (the one coming out in several days) probably won't change training speeds.  Later bugfix releases might, though.

SEVERAL days? I was hoping it would be out tomorrow, so I could play with the new health care before exams.  :-[

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2011, 05:12:50 pm »

SEVERAL days? I was hoping it would be out tomorrow, so I could play with the new health care before exams.  :-[

As usual, there is no release date.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe a week from now.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2011, 05:48:28 pm »

Or the extra migrants could be put to good use making cheese to go with the whine.

Uncalled for.

Sure, but no more than the tone of the complaint.

And its not like the game is getting ignored, there are simply other priorities or more game-breaking bugs that need fixing first. I guess in the end you get what you pay for, right?

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2011, 06:17:50 pm »

Or the extra migrants could be put to good use making cheese to go with the whine.

Uncalled for.

Sure, but no more than the tone of the complaint.

And its not like the game is getting ignored, there are simply other priorities or more game-breaking bugs that need fixing first. I guess in the end you get what you pay for, right?
You get what unspecified people pay for, possibly including yourself. This game is fueled by donations.. Either way, your post inspired me to send some cash Toady's way: exactly as much as I've often paid for blockbuster games, only to be let down by unimaginative stories and poor gameplay. Let's hope Toady's work of art remains the exception to the rule for many more years.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:19:39 pm by Urist McCheeseMaker »

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2011, 08:50:00 pm »

I'm just doing some lighthearted whining, I love the game... It's by far one of the best I played, and is a good stress reliever from university with all the Fun you can have. Once I get back to the summer months and make some cash I want to donate what I would pay for a good PC game today.

Just really excited for this batch of fixes-Trying to get some of my friends hooked on it so I can encourage some donations.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2011, 08:41:19 am »

wow my avatar caused about a page of discussion  :o
(in bold below, individually)
TolyK, could you tone down your avatar a bit? It's epileptic seizure -inducing.
Really? Sorry 'bout that

+1 It is pretty annoying. Kinda cute at first, but annoying having something flashing erratically in one's peripheral vision all the time. Could lead to tantrums. :)
hmm yeah i see your point...

I DO THIS ALL THE TIME! THAT'S WHY I'M NOT BOTHERED BY IT! *facepalm*

anyways, since .22 is out i feel like i can derail this  :P
should I change back to my old avatar, or my old-old avatar
Spoiler: Old avatars (click to show/hide)
or should I make a new one?
I like mine animated though...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2011, 08:42:05 am »

Alternatively, if you have Firefox with the AdBlock Plus plugin, you can simply block that single image so it won't display again.
that works too.
[quote author=Mattasmack link=topic=79054.msg2102026#msg2102026
O mighty Mattasmack, we implore you, enlighten us further with your received techgnosis.

I haven't been this pleased about learning a computer-related trick since I tried out the cheat code for Windows 95.
lol.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2011, 09:48:08 am »

anyways, since .22 is out i feel like i can derail this  :P
should I change back to my old avatar, or my old-old avatar
Spoiler: Old avatars (click to show/hide)
or should I make a new one?
I like mine animated though...
My vote is for just re-verting the inverted frames of your current one, so it doesn't flash any more. It's cool otherwise.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12