Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released  (Read 59312 times)

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 02:32:52 am »

Today is getting even faster.

This is actually bad, as if he gets too fast there will be too much awesome at one place, at one time, and thus Today and his house will collapse inwards, forming a small singularity.

And then we'll have no more updates.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 02:39:51 am »

Toady is getting even faster.

This is actually bad, as if he gets too fast there will be too much awesome at one place, at one time, and thus Toady and his house will collapse inwards, forming a small singularity.

And then we'll have no more updates.
I think this is what you meant, right? ;)

Anyways, I agree.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 02:53:53 am »

looks like the site has some kind of problem...
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Sithun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 03:22:30 am »

Where did my fps go, toady? where did it go?
Im sitting here wondering why my fortresses suddenly run at 70 fps with only 18 dwarves, when i previously could run this at around 100 fps with around 50 dwarves.

Is it related to having a mineral scarcity of 100 instead of 2500?  I'm running ubuntu 10.10.

If its any help, the game seems to "stop" for around half a second every other second / 3 seconds, causing a stuttering feel. It looks like everybody moves a few feet, then stops, trying hard to look like statues, then starts moving again...

Tanelorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 04:15:52 am »

Im sitting here wondering why my fortresses suddenly run at 70 fps with only 18 dwarves, when i previously could run this at around 100 fps with around 50 dwarves.

Is it related to having a mineral scarcity of 100 instead of 2500?  I'm running ubuntu 10.10.

If its any help, the game seems to "stop" for around half a second every other second / 3 seconds, causing a stuttering feel. It looks like everybody moves a few feet, then stops, trying hard to look like statues, then starts moving again...

I think this could be caused by something happening under ground, but you haven't dug into it yet. Maybe related to a fluid flowing off map and the like. I started a 31.19 fort that was like that. Strangely, the "stutter" disappeared after a couple of seasons and the game went back to its normal speed without me having to do anything.

So try to be patient and see if things improve, or re-start on a different site. If it happens for both sites, then it is probably version related.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 04:17:35 am »

Cool, another version. Is there a Memory.XML file available for 31.21 yet?

wrong place to ask this. >_>

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:59 am »

Dungeon master back in game yet?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 05:24:38 am »

so I guess "(*) Stopped wildlife from claiming nests" won't be "(*) Added "Curious Nest" tag to Rocs/Dragons." until the recent bugs get work out. Well at least the modding community still have item laying tame creatures.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 05:33:30 am »

Is there any point in keeping the Legacy versions any more? Do people actually use them? It seems to me just like a thing that senselessly adds more work every time you release a new version.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 06:24:39 am »

Is there any point in keeping the Legacy versions any more? Do people actually use them? It seems to me just like a thing that senselessly adds more work every time you release a new version.

I agree. Not sure if anyone uses that.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 06:30:57 am »

Sounds like this report.  Nobody has uploaded any saves yet, so it would be really helpful if you uploaded your save to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ and posted the link (either here, or as a note on that report).

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 07:45:30 am »

I've mentioned on the bug tracker that I'd test a save with generic underground grass for crashes. It isn't really important anymore, but I can confirm that it did crash for me under 31.20 (though it also had dug-out soil). Neither that save nor the one I posted initially crash under 31.21, so presumably it did try to "regrow" generic grass underground, and that has been fixed.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:15 am »

That's great Toady. Could you fix the crutch walking as well?
Hear hear!

Edit: Hmm, "install colony in hive" seems to take months when a dabbler does it... dorf gets hungry and dehydrated doing it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:17:07 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 10:52:28 am »

I've downloaded .20 seeing as I've already transferred over my mod and there is no windows related fixes, I think I'll wait until .22 until I redownload.

I've noticed general lag, especially when I embark, it spearheads down to 40-50 and then comes back up to 90-95 but eventually it goes back up to 100 by the summer.

I think this could be caused by something happening under ground, but you haven't dug into it yet. Maybe related to a fluid flowing off map and the like. I started a 31.19 fort that was like that. Strangely, the "stutter" disappeared after a couple of seasons and the game went back to its normal speed without me having to do anything.

Doubtful, I've removed all animal life in the caverns, only have one type of 'grass', and most of the times no liquids. I think it might have something to do with grass in the caverns, but that's just a spontaneous gut reaction.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 11:39:04 am »

I've downloaded .20 seeing as I've already transferred over my mod and there is no windows related fixes, I think I'll wait until .22 until I redownload.

I've noticed general lag, especially when I embark, it spearheads down to 40-50 and then comes back up to 90-95 but eventually it goes back up to 100 by the summer.

Doubtful, I've removed all animal life in the caverns, only have one type of 'grass', and most of the times no liquids. I think it might have something to do with grass in the caverns, but that's just a spontaneous gut reaction.

I think a conversation bug was fixed in windows actually, but that's adventure mode only anyway.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12