Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released  (Read 59585 times)

Rog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 11:51:35 am »

That's great Toady. Could you fix the crutch walking as well?
Hear hear!

Edit: Hmm, "install colony in hive" seems to take months when a dabbler does it... dorf gets hungry and dehydrated doing it.

I had that hive problem too, 2 dwarves sat on a tile where a hive used to be, but another dwarf got it first (had 4 hives set up, 2 got filled, 2 nests on map originally), I removed one (empty hive) and replaced it, and one dwarf left, did the same to the other and they both went on there business (he was starving, tired, and thirsty). So it seems if more than one dwarf goes to the same hive, they don't seem to check if it is still there while they are working on it, and they just keep trying.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 12:02:50 pm »

That's great Toady. Could you fix the crutch walking as well?
Hear hear!

Edit: Hmm, "install colony in hive" seems to take months when a dabbler does it... dorf gets hungry and dehydrated doing it.

I had that hive problem too, 2 dwarves sat on a tile where a hive used to be, but another dwarf got it first (had 4 hives set up, 2 got filled, 2 nests on map originally), I removed one (empty hive) and replaced it, and one dwarf left, did the same to the other and they both went on there business (he was starving, tired, and thirsty). So it seems if more than one dwarf goes to the same hive, they don't seem to check if it is still there while they are working on it, and they just keep trying.
That bug showed up in .19 but didn't get fixed completely I guess. The solution was to go to the 'j'ob screen and 'r'emove creature from that job - that forces them to reset.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 12:57:02 pm »

I feel a sense of pride after reporting the adv. mode crash and seeing it swiftly fixed by the toad. Toady One - Devotion at it's best!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 03:11:34 pm »

I feel a sense of pride after reporting the adv. mode crash and seeing it swiftly fixed by the toad. Toady One - Devotion at it's best!
Cause of your post I've just checked back my mantis account the first time in a few months and the 5 issues I have reported are still there  >:(
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2011, 05:06:29 pm »

Is it just me, or are there a LOT more extinct Dwarven civs in the latest batch of releases? I have genned many (over a few dozen) worlds ranging from small to pocket, and out of hundreds of civs only a handful had any sites left labelled on the world map at the end of world gen. This related to starvation issues possibly?
This is a blank sig.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »

Is it just me, or are there a LOT more extinct Dwarven civs in the latest batch of releases? I have genned many (over a few dozen) worlds ranging from small to pocket, and out of hundreds of civs only a handful had any sites left labelled on the world map at the end of world gen. This related to starvation issues possibly?
probably. try a 5-year-old gen ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 07:02:56 pm »

Does it fix the issue where invading goblins pick fights with their mounts/leaders?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 07:03:37 pm »

Does it fix the issue where invading goblins pick fights with their mounts/leaders?

Nope.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 09:13:11 pm »

I love the idea of mutinous goblin grunts fragging their C.O., especially when he's a dwarf/elf/human.  Makes them more evil.  I mean, yeah, every single time would be ridiculous, but every now and again?  Feature!   
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

Going to embark, and my civ has access to all the underground crops EXCEPT Plump Helmets. No seeds, no plants, no wine, no nothing.

I am confuse.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 10:59:35 pm »

Going to embark, and my civ has access to all the underground crops EXCEPT Plump Helmets. No seeds, no plants, no wine, no nothing.

I am confuse.

That sounds like bug 1311/4005.  Are you using custom world gen params?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 11:34:35 pm »

Nope.

Weeeeell... technically it was fixed.

As a fortunate side effect of starvation during world gen, the kidnapees are dying off of starvation because Goblins are not gathering food. So when the ambushes show up they have no humans/elves/dwarves with them. So no loyalty clash. I had a 12 year fortress that was still getting stealth ambushes because of this.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 11:48:37 pm »

I love the idea of mutinous goblin grunts fragging their C.O., especially when he's a dwarf/elf/human.
Especially when he's a crocodile/toad/jabberer?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2011, 12:08:44 am »

I am confuse.

That sounds like bug 1311/4005.  Are you using custom world gen params?

I am, and now you mention it I messed with things I don't normally mess with. I'll go check what I did and add that info- I think 1311 is most similar to my experience, and thanks!

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 02:41:40 pm »

(*) Made pen/pasture interface give status of animals (caged, etc.)

Any chance to get something similar in the military screen when assigning specific items to a dwarf?
Currently it gives no signs on the status of the item - if it is already assigned, or if some dwarf claimed it by himself.
Makes manual weapon/armor assigning pretty hard.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12