Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released  (Read 59678 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2011, 10:28:46 pm »

Does anyone have issues with cooking royal jelly? The wiki mentioned that it should be possible to eat it raw or cook it up, but even when I created a stockpile directly under a kitchen, accepting only royal jelly (meaning it, in theory, should have been the nearest thing as the dwarf digs for subsequent ingredients), it still seems to just get ignored. The royal jelly is marked for cooking in the Kitchen menu. Regular honey in jugs is recognized fine for brewing, given that it was fixed in .20. Did the fix end up breaking recognition of royal jelly in jugs?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2011, 11:55:54 pm »

Does anyone have issues with cooking royal jelly? The wiki mentioned that it should be possible to eat it raw or cook it up, but even when I created a stockpile directly under a kitchen, accepting only royal jelly (meaning it, in theory, should have been the nearest thing as the dwarf digs for subsequent ingredients), it still seems to just get ignored. The royal jelly is marked for cooking in the Kitchen menu. Regular honey in jugs is recognized fine for brewing, given that it was fixed in .20. Did the fix end up breaking recognition of royal jelly in jugs?
bug of stockpiled stuff not working?
try deleting the stockpile and not accepting them in others - should work.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 01:43:06 am »

I've heard that putting floor grates near your well will prevent muck from accumulating. Does there have to be an open space under the grates? If not, will the well collapse when I channel all the eight squares around it?

Grates used to prevent the buildup of contamination, but they don't in the current version.  Pools of blood, vomit, and forgotten beast poison will sit right on top of grates as if they were solid floor.

The "current version" in that discussion was 0.31.19. So, let me ask:

Question: Do contaminants still pile up on top of grates (like a filter) in 0.31.21?
Also, do contaminants in water also build up on fortifications without being able to pass through?

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 01:44:22 am »

Thanks for the new release, Toady.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 02:29:50 am »

Toady, donate genetic material for fabricating my child!  :-*
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2011, 05:41:28 am »

Going to embark, and my civ has access to all the underground crops EXCEPT Plump Helmets. No seeds, no plants, no wine, no nothing.

I am confuse.

Perhaps it's related to the new feature where animal species have ranges rather than occurring in every spot they possibly can? I don't remember if the changelog said that that affected plants, too, but it seems like it at least affects trees - every civ I've embarked as so far has had a limited selection of aboveground wood available, and the site I'm playing now has tower-caps but not fungiwoods in the first cavern.

Edit: Yeah, it's a feature. The .19 changelog says
Animals and plants occur with more or less contiguous ranges now, respecting biome.  There are specific grasses.  The evil grasses are probably a little extreme and seizure-inducing.  I might throttle that back.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:45:48 am by AdeleneDawner »
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2011, 06:26:19 am »

Is anyone else having an issue finding coal? I mean even when making resources more common during world gen. I get tons of metals, but I haven't struck any coal since 31_19, and I've started a number of games.

I seem to have no coal at all. I can't trade for bituminous coal because civs don't have it, although they do have bituminous coal blocks for some reason. I should still be able to get some on my own maps though.

Is it spawning lower down maybe? I don't rush to reach the bottom of the map - I just dig down when I need the extra space. If so then that might be my problem, but it used to spawn at higher levels and I'm too used to that.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2011, 06:38:23 am »

I once had a starting civ that had bit. coal for embark so yes, it does exist in .20 (so presumably, .21 too).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2011, 08:35:50 am »

Thanks. I guess I've just been unlucky then.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2011, 08:41:21 am »

New devlog entry... wat?

stopped some misuse of combat/training bolts
Is that what I think it is? That dwarves will finally understand they are to use wood/bone bolts for practice and the silver/steel/[insert modded material here] bolts when sent to battle stations/patrols?

fixed problems with glass material properties
Finally, the damage potential of glass trap components will be fixed!
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2011, 12:24:14 pm »

I definitely found coal in the newest version--my current .21 fort is absolutely swimming in lignite.  I turned resource availability up a bit and it's absolutely everywhere, so it's probably the specific world you genned not getting lucky.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2011, 01:26:53 pm »

very rare, and i've got loads of everything.
fps=5.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2011, 02:01:45 pm »

Anyone else have a problem with the flux stone setting in the embark finder? I just tested it and it displays the entire region as suitable for both flux yes and no.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2011, 03:08:53 pm »

New devlog entry... wat?

stopped some misuse of combat/training bolts
Is that what I think it is? That dwarves will finally understand they are to use wood/bone bolts for practice and the silver/steel/[insert modded material here] bolts when sent to battle stations/patrols?

fixed problems with glass material properties
Finally, the damage potential of glass trap components will be fixed!

Oh man I hope both of these work - i love spamming glass axe and disc traps, and am a heavy marksdwarf user.
This is a blank sig.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2011, 05:16:23 pm »

Is it me or all Kobolts starve to death in this version at year 4?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12