Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vermin Eggs  (Read 28791 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Vermin Eggs
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 08:33:02 am »

The unusual egg tag is LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:(item):(item subtype)

It wont read the 3rd part that defines which sort of vermin the game should use.

That is incorrect - the syntax is [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:item:material], where "item" is an item+subtype (e.g. WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP, THRONE:NONE, or VERMIN:NONE) and "material" is whatever the object is made of (e.g. INORGANIC:IRON, CREATURE_MAT:CAT:LEATHER, or "CREATURE_NAME:NONE" if you happen to be creating a vermin).

Technically it would be [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:<item>:<item subtype>:<material>:<material subtype>], wouldn't it?

Read my post more closely - "<item>:<item subtype>" is an 'item token' (since you will never see one without seeing the other) and "<material>:<material subtype>" is a 'material token' (which can easily be more than material:subtype - if you're using CREATURE_MAT or PLANT_MAT, there are a total of three parameters instead of 2).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Buzzing_Beard

• Bay Watcher
  • RL Beekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 09:00:56 am »

MarcAFK: "mmm broodcomb on toast with cheese *nomnomnom*"

Hmm... but it probably beats this peanut-butter and royal-jelly... *takes bite*

Hey all you people!
Hey all you people!
Hey all you people wont you listen to meeeeeee!
I just had a sandwich
no ordinary sandwich
the tastiest sandwich on the seaaaaa!

Hey man youve got to try this sandwich
its no ordinary sandwich
its the tastiest sandwich in the seaaaaaa

Ascoobididoolabdooiladdabyabbity ya YEAHHHHHHH!

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:37:22 am by Buzzing_Beard »

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity Squared is Fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 05:21:58 pm »

This has to be the most FUCKED, and AWESOME, thing that I have ever seen.  I really want to see a chicken give birth to bees now...

OFF TO GOOGLE IMAGES.
The fastest GM in the woooooooorld!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 07:19:26 pm »

I remember with older versions I had reactions for buildings spawn vermin that worked just fine, But maybe its just the fact that its being layed instead of produced in a building...

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 10:52:35 am »

For reference, I've since done some reverse-engineering on the various item classes and have discovered two things:

1. When you create an object of type REMAINS, FISH, FISH_RAW, VERMIN, PET, or EGG, the material is supposed to be of the format RACE:CASTE (e.g. ANT:SOLDIER).
2. DF doesn't actually parse these correctly and instead uses a caste of NONE (-1), which means that any such items you create will not behave correctly.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 11:21:48 pm »

For reference, I've since done some reverse-engineering on the various item classes and have discovered two things:

1. When you create an object of type REMAINS, FISH, FISH_RAW, VERMIN, PET, or EGG, the material is supposed to be of the format RACE:CASTE (e.g. ANT:SOLDIER).
2. DF doesn't actually parse these correctly and instead uses a caste of NONE (-1), which means that any such items you create will not behave correctly.

So wait. That means that I can't have my egg layers lay fish? Durnit, here I wanted turtle ala turkey.
Pages: 1 2 [3]